corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Growing older, losing interest in cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Growing older, losing interest in cars
Ben G

User status: Offline
20th Aug 16 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RS6
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by RS6
still really love my cars and buying bits for them!

but its gone slightly sour since i had my totally mint, black, black optics, MRC stage 2 tuned rs6 avant, black milteks (you get the picture) stolen in march last year, probably the best car i have ever owned and the quickest its now no longer worth having anything special or nice on the driveway, & put me off owning another rs again

Anything tasty needs to be locked away out of sight under lock and key and cctv cameras if not in daily use

the fact im still paying the loan off a year later for it has also added to the pain

[Edited on 17-08-2016 by RS6]

First of all, ouch, sorry to hear it.

Secondly did the insurance not pay up? Why you still paying for it?

[Edited on 18-08-2016 by Jimbothebarbarian]

No didn't cover the full cost of the car paid out around 10.5k bought it for 14k
needed most of it to buy something else

insurance for you...

[Edited on 18-08-2016 by RS6]

Gap insurance
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Aug 16 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Hense why these claim companies are good in rta

Wouldn't go that far, they're normally good an inflating the claim and passing that cost back on to drivers.
Matt H

20th Aug 16 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lost interest as soon as I started getting a company car allowance. First time I'd had a brand new car and I was happy with how I'd spec'd it from the factory. Starting to get itchy feet again so my next car will be something a bit more exciting

I was having a clear out today at my parents & found so much Corsa B stuff I could probably put a weekend car together for very little money. Just not sure if it's worth the hassle
Generation

20th Aug 16 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd lost the itch, went to a meet with few car friends other day. Drove mates slammed mx5. First time over driven one and was amazed that the handling hype was accurate.

I want one
oJNAo
Premium Member

21st Aug 16 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im guessing undeclared mods

Nope all my mods are declared you cheeky fuck, I got caught twice by a Police Camera Van within a few weeks of each other
taylorboosh

21st Aug 16 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still a spacker
oJNAo
Premium Member

21st Aug 16 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't you have another thread to troll
taylorboosh

22nd Aug 16 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope
kz

23rd Aug 16 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Well I had a corsa gsi with a redtop engine already in it.

That's a modified car.

I think leasing is killing the modified scene, for the up and coming youngsters at least. Would much rather have a brand new 1.2 Corsa than messing around with something older but a lot more fun
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Aug 16 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've lost interest in my current car, but at 21 I sort of feel like I need to move on from driving Corsa B's now.
AlunJ

31st Aug 16 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I started to lose interest when I started driving miles all over the country in work in bog standard 1.poo hire cars. Paying a mortgage and getting married whilst clearing a bit of debt hasn't really helped but there we go.
Currently have a mid spec standard mk7 golf, sensible family car, decent on juice, cheap to tax etc. Even that got ruined by some bellend within a week of having it. Still like cars and will no doubt buy myself a weekend toy some day.

[Edited on 31-08-2016 by AlunJ]
noshua

31st Aug 16 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Well I had a corsa gsi with a redtop engine already in it.

That's a modified car.

I think leasing is killing the modified scene, for the up and coming youngsters at least. Would much rather have a brand new 1.2 Corsa than messing around with something older but a lot more fun

Like I said tho never modified a car...
whitter45

31st Aug 16 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simple for me

Sooner spend the cash on other things

That and the 2 cars I drive I don't actually own ( A6 company car and the M135i on pcp) before The Anti pcp mob highlight this
oJNAo
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just want a faster car and getting points has killed any dreams of a redtop in my corsa and a 1.4 8v is not fast, so I've just gone off cars in general as they're just gonna be a ballache and a drain of money for a while.
Simon_16v

2nd Sep 16 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having bought a house, that's more of a priority than wasting money on a car that won't be worth any more than if I kept it as it is.

I think once my wage increases in the coming years as I grow into my role a bit further.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Sep 16 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think people lost interest when astras and focus started having vents in the bumpers etc. Also the contract hire thing. Means kids can just get brand new cars now but they can't modify them.

I dunno what the kids get up to now, the pub scene doesn't seem like it used to be, i remember the local larger towns around here used be rammed and people spilling onto the street, you wouldn't drive through town on a friday/Saturday night.

Nowadays nothing, you see the odd couple out for a meal and that's about it, don't even have police out anymore
taylorboosh

2nd Sep 16 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably drive to nights out in birmingham like generation
random dav
Premium Member

3rd Sep 16 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still have an interest, I would say it is as great as I have more disposible income.

The younger generation today are just arsed about what badge their car has and dressing like twats.

WRLFC !

Project cars
A.J

20th Sep 16 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am the opposite the older ive got the more into cars ive got, more about what i can get power wise from one now tho then styling it.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Sep 16 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A.J
I am the opposite the older ive got the more into cars ive got

Same here. Money related I think though.

When I had my first car I could barely scrape the petrol money together to drive it to college, used to alternate bus and car to stretch the fuel out a bit Buying a pair of 6x9's was a six month investment, remember deliberating over a set of softstars for about a year and still never bought them.

I was also "early" to move out and buy a house, so even when I started working I had to give my car the bare minimum funds to survive, then things started to come together career wise and I've had the opportunity to enjoy cars a few years later than my mates did.

I've still not got bored, and I'm in the fortunate position of being able to spend both time and money on my cars when I choose to. I'll probably have to reel it in when we make our next house move, and my interest will inevitably wane as a result.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
kz

20th Sep 16 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
I've lost interest in my current car, but at 21 I sort of feel like I need to move on from driving Corsa B's now.

And this is why CS is dying

32 and I'd happily still drive around in a Corsa with a silly exhaust pipe.
noshua

21st Sep 16 at 05:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why haren't you got one then? What's why cs is dying sadface
taylorboosh

21st Sep 16 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having just recently sold my sri with a silly exhaust.... It just wares off pretty quick... Fun for a bit of memory lane with the mrs but thats it....

Kadett just gets me out the house for a bit fuck on with my mates... Which i love, try to do it as much as i can

Once the grills mate and my pal finishes the bodge work then i will sort the patches in the floor, get then engine out and convert to rhd.... Sort the patchy mess of a bulk head and fit the LET.... Then 4 link, cage, seats, airride, wiring, paint and then slowly put back together

Not much eh.... Just as well the kids prevent any mental spending on it so it just ticks over
Ian W

21st Sep 16 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Having just recently sold my sri with a silly exhaust.... It just wares off pretty quick... Fun for a bit of memory lane with the mrs but thats it....

Kadett just gets me out the house for a bit fuck on with my mates... Which i love, try to do it as much as i can

Once the grills mate and my pal finishes the bodge work then i will sort the patches in the floor, get then engine out and convert to rhd.... Sort the patchy mess of a bulk head and fit the LET.... Then 4 link, cage, seats, airride, wiring, paint and then slowly put back together

Not much eh.... Just as well the kids prevent any mental spending on it so it just ticks over

Best thing I did was take the big exhaust off my GSi, sounded fucking terrible

Mine sits in the garage most of the time, when I get the urge to drive it I get it out and enjoy it, the times when I have had to daily it, more than a few days and I start missing the comfort of the regular daily.
taylorboosh

21st Sep 16 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was just wasting cash sat there

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Growing older, losing interest in cars 23 database queries in 0.1064830 seconds