corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » No Man Sky

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No Man Sky
JM_16v

User status: Offline
9th Aug 16 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone planning on getting this or already playing on the Beta?
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Aug 16 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been briefly looking at this..

i have a sneaky suspicion that it isn't going to turn out like the devs have said. there was a version leaked and apparently players found the centre of the universe within 30 hours. dont forget this is the centre that you shouldn't be able to find for "years"

i dont know if your getting it on pc but they announced that even tho the game went gold some weeks ago, they are not changing pretty much everything about it so the review copies etc wont be what i would end up playing. (probably down to the leaked game and now they are scrambling around trying to fix the issues..

i can imagine it just arrives and its nothing like it was designed to be so for this one i will wait for the reviews to come in i think.
A1EX

9th Aug 16 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The day 1 patch changes a lot of things and review copies will have the patch as they were sent out Monday. Even so the leaked gameplay has shown pretty much exactly what they said it should, and the guy who got there in 30 hours used glitches and it was basically a speed run he said, and even once reaching the centre that is not the end of the game. From what ive read of people playing it so far its been very positive.
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Aug 16 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be boring..
3CorsaMeal

9th Aug 16 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pre-ordered it for the PS4, should get it tomorrow, bought a new tv in preparation for it.

I'm excited still
A1EX

9th Aug 16 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
it will be boring..

Its no Assetto Corsa for sure
JM_16v

10th Aug 16 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think my pc will run it, and only have an xbox one
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Aug 16 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

review on Ars didnt make it sound so gr8
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Aug 16 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only heard of this when reading this thread, but done a bit of research too.

It sounds like a technical masterpiece tbh, so I'll probably pick it up to experience that.

Will be interesting to see if/how they keep people going back to it. Perhaps making it more of an MMO Genre would have helped with its longevity.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

10th Aug 16 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get my copy today, sounds like i get a bonus weapon and 10,000 credits for preordering.

Will be playing tonight

3CorsaMeal

10th Aug 16 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fired it up

Not done alot but controls feel really clunky and laggy. Hopefully that improves as you upgrade or i just get used to it
3CorsaMeal

11th Aug 16 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else playing? I can't find how to go back to planets i've already discovered, space is so big and you don't know which way is up etc, so can't see them.
A1EX

11th Aug 16 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be able to find them by name, when you pause you can see previous systems and planets youve been to.

Controls do feel a bit clunky at first but i got used to them after about 30 mins and now feels fine to me, otherwise im really enjoying it, bit grindy in the first few hours but after that its awesome.
mattievRS

11th Aug 16 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seem to have become addicted to this! Played about 15 hours on it!! Have found a way to make a fair wad of cash and managed to accumulate 4 million! Just bought a new ship so am off exploring now I have made some warp cells for the hyper drive.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Aug 16 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you lot should try Elite.
mattievRS

12th Aug 16 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
you lot should try Elite.

Had Frontier: Elite 2 on the Amiga back in the day! What a game!
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Aug 16 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A1EX

12th Aug 16 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried elite a while ago and my god that game is annoying, way too much of a "sim" for me, and the planet landing theyve just added looks shit. If anything id rather play star citizen, what theyre doing with that looks much better.
A1EX

12th Aug 16 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS
Seem to have become addicted to this! Played about 15 hours on it!! Have found a way to make a fair wad of cash and managed to accumulate 4 million! Just bought a new ship so am off exploring now I have made some warp cells for the hyper drive.

Same, i had to force myself to stop playing yesterday my eyes were hurting. What have you been doing to make that much cash? I spent a while mining loads of gold on one planet and made enough to get a new ship, i found a crashed ship that was awesome and had a much better hyperdrive but i didnt have the necessary components to fix it then lost it when trying to buy them from the space station ( now ive found out how to add way points which would of helped).
mattievRS

12th Aug 16 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS

Same, i had to force myself to stop playing yesterday my eyes were hurting. What have you been doing to make that much cash? I spent a while mining loads of gold on one planet and made enough to get a new ship, i found a crashed ship that was awesome and had a much better hyperdrive but i didnt have the necessary components to fix it then lost it when trying to buy them from the space station ( now ive found out how to add way points which would of helped).

You collect albumen pearls. They are worth circa 40000 units each. Only found them on 2 planets so far but they seem to be concealed on plants that look like alien eggs and have been located either in underground caves or out in the fields of grassy planets. The only issue is, when you interact with the egg and then collect the pearl, the sentinels attack you. I usually land by a cave entrance and collect 4 or 5 pearls whilst getting my shield battered, then jump back in my ship and fly off to another cave and fill my inventory full. Then go to the trade station and flog them all. Currently got enough slots in my exosuit and ship to collect 25 at a time.
A1EX

12th Aug 16 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one, ill have to look out for them, so far ive been mining loads of gold and selling that when i find it. Just got my first atlas pass aswell as i did the explore on your own route at the start.
3CorsaMeal

13th Aug 16 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a tip to use plutonium and iron to make the bypass chips and then sell them. They only cost 10 of each resource to make. Gets boring though.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Aug 16 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks shit
3CorsaMeal

13th Aug 16 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have shit crumbs in your pants
mattievRS

13th Aug 16 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Looks shit

So do all your home improvements, car purchases and your internet posted life in general.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll