corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Ethernet issue on a new PC build

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ethernet issue on a new PC build
XSIHardy

User status: Offline
24th Feb 16 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today I have built a new computer, motherboard is Asus and its running Windows 10. The only issue is that the Ethernet port is orange and a darker orange and won't connect to the Internet 😞 Unfortunately I have gone for a built with out driver bays.

So my question is how do I get this working ? I'm assuming usually you'd install drivers and your away but it's all on a cd and not on a usb.

Thanks in advance Sam
Neo

24th Feb 16 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it showing a network device within network and sharing centre. ?

If no go to device manager, find the Ethernet adapter, properties, device id, search that on another computer, download driver to usb (from reputable site e.g. manufacturer), install from usb
Bart

24th Feb 16 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't blame you for not having cd bays, can't remember the last time I used mine.

As mentioned, pop the disk in another machine and copy the contents
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Feb 16 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As bart says, find a PC that does have a CDROM and copy the contents to USB or find the driver online using your tablet or whatever and put it on USB, or if you have android phone you could download it to your phone, plug it into your computer by USB and copy it across?
XSIHardy

9th Mar 16 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I got it working thanks for the help guys

New Poll