corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » NETGEAR DUO NAS Box slow as hell :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NETGEAR DUO NAS Box slow as hell :(
SetH

User status: Offline
8th Nov 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already done buddy.
noshua

8th Nov 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I'd do is just boot from ubuntu just to see if it is actually Windows that's causing the slow speeds - if it is then you can try and track the reason down.
SetH

8th Nov 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My thoughts exactly.

Im going to try an XP laptop as well.
Dom

8th Nov 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i'd start with a wired connection straight to the Nas box (you shouldn't need a crossover cable, although don't hold me to that) and get some bassline read/write figures as 100kps is seriously WTF when you tested it via the router and you should easily max out a 100Mb connection. Once you know the Nas is working ok over cable then you can try and get the wireless to play nicely.

With Noshua though, Ubuntu onto a USB stick and check (wireless and wired) that it is Windows at fault (you might need to switch on NFS under Standard File Protocols).

Is the drive fitted in the Duo the one that came with it? If not, is the drive on Netgears supports list for the Nas?

By the way have you tried transfering anything via FTP using the inbuilt FTP server?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll