corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Boiler Day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boiler Day
Aaron

User status: Offline
15th Jan 16 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A rusty looking stain is appearing on the outside wall of one my rental houses. The boiler sits directly at the other side of the wall to where the stain is, and the source appears to be an overflow pipe of some sort.

I know jack shit about boilers tbh, so before i phone the letting agent to get one of their guys to sort it i wanted to ask what the root cause possibilities are. Pipe needs replacing? Maybe feed it into the down-pipe gutter (if it isn't hot water)?
--ToM--

15th Jan 16 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know too much myself other than if the system isn't regularly flushed etc the build up of rusty water is normal, if it starts coming out the over flow it's normally down to a sticking pressure relief valve so the water leaks out the overflow, the rustiness is just down to age of water in the system etc
Aaron

15th Jan 16 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLC

16th Jan 16 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the pressure relieve valve or the diverter valve Is about to shit it's pants.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jan 16 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pressure relief valve is my bet.

Expansion vessel could be flat and needs pumping up to put more air in. Would be a gas engineer visit that's required to sort.

It takes a fair bit of pressure to bet the pressure relief to go though. About 3 bar!!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Aaron

16th Jan 16 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much £££ are we talking?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Jan 16 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I has a gas engineer round the other day. He changed a pressure switch and pumped the expansion vessel back up with a foot pump. Took about 20 mins.

Probably an hours labour plus parts. Or you can get those guaranteed fix things from britishs gas etc for a certain amount.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll