corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread

New Poll
  <<  33    34    35    36    37  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official 2016 F1 Thread
Jambo

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 16 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading between the lines and how Hamilton seemed after squally in the press conference... are Mercedes worried about next year?!

Maybe he knew the car wouldn't be competitive...
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Dec 16 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive found a picture which sums up why I dislike Lewis...

Taken at the FIA prize giving gala this year, an even with a black tie dress code.

This isn't about how he dresses, it's about how he's so egotistical that he thinks the rules don't apply to him. Cunt.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Dec 16 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reminded me of:
https://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f1-sebastian-vettel-and-kimi-raikkonen-break-the-rules-in-turkey?artid=150741

Also Didn't Lewis get turned away from Wimbledon for not dressing up?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

3rd Dec 16 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Also Didn't Lewis get turned away from Wimbledon for not dressing up?

Got turned away from the Royal Box:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11734754/Wimbledon-2015-Controversy-over-A-list-celebrities-absent-from-Royal-Box.html
Ben G

3rd Dec 16 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin is definitely gay for Lewis.

Crying because he doesn't have a bow tie on.

I bet if a woman turned up in a suit, instead of a dress, you wouldn't say a word... Typical wanker behaviour.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 16 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the only explanation... it annoys me that he ignored the rules of the biggest motorsport awards ceremony of the year because he's Lewis Hamilton, that clearly means I want to bum him.

Typical fanboy behaviour resorting to insults and name calling because someone makes a valid point about your favourite bellend.
Ben G

4th Dec 16 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact of the matter is, you're worried about what he's wearing, whereas I'm not worried about what anyone is wearing in that photo.

That says a lot about you. Pathetic.
Aaron

4th Dec 16 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
The fact of the matter is, you're worried about what he's wearing

"Worry" is the absolute wrong emotion here..

Robin is saying that he doesn't like how Hamilton doesn't conform to socially acceptable conduct...in this case, yes, what he's wearing. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't like what Hamilton wears.

Awaiting Ben's childish insult because he can't fight with his brain.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 16 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The fact of the matter is, you're worried about what he's wearing, whereas I'm not worried about what anyone is wearing in that photo.

That says a lot about you. Pathetic.

You're insulting someone over the internet who you've never met because you don't agree with their opinion and I'm the pathetic one? Ok mate.

Ben G

4th Dec 16 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
The fact of the matter is, you're worried about what he's wearing

"Worry" is the absolute wrong emotion here..

Robin is saying that he doesn't like how Hamilton doesn't conform to socially acceptable conduct...in this case, yes, what he's wearing. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't like what Hamilton wears.

Awaiting Ben's childish insult because he can't fight with his brain.

I don't need to childishly insult you because your response is perfectly acceptable. Robins comments are just sad and pathetic, that's why I responded the way I did.

Why is it socially incorrect to not wear a bow tie?

Are there rules banning anyone who doesn't wear a bow tie to this event?

As Kyle pointed out, Lewis was turned away from Wimbledon for not wearing the correct attire (just as pathetic). If the dress code was black suit and bow tie, they could quite easily have turned him away from this also.

Either way, what someone wears is non of my business and I couldn't really care less. This is a thread about F1 and all Robin cares about is the way Lewis Hamilton dresses, rather than Nico being champion.
Ben G

4th Dec 16 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.s. The last part of your comment was just as childish, so yeah, go figure.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 16 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dress code for the event is black tie. Everyone knows what that means, everyone else who attended understood the rules.

Knowing that there is a dress code, it's clear Lewis chose to ignore it, I'd be very surprised if it was a genuine error, rather than an arrogant response to the rules.

The reason he wouldn't have been turned away is because it would have caused more issues than ignoring it, whereas at Wimbledon, he was turned away because he's not a tennis player, therefore he's not part of the crowd of people the media would have expected to see at the event.

The fact that you think this is purely about what he was wearing shows you don't understand my point.

He'd be reprimanded for not wearing his teamwear at a race, this is no different, it's an even with what is effectively a uniform, which he thinks he doesn't have to wear.

As an aside, I'm not the only person who thinks the same thing about him, the picture I posted was from Twitter, the official Formula 1 Twitter account posted it, John Cleland retweeted it and said "2 very smartly dressed professionals!!!", there's a lot of people who agree with what he's implying.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 16 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lewis was turned away from Wimbledon for not wearing the correct attire (just as pathetic).

I think this comment sums up why you don't understand
Ben G

4th Dec 16 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't you write to the FIA if its that much of a problem for you?

Btw, yes, 2 smartly dressed professionals. 1 who doesn't really care about bow ties, 1 who thinks he's a hillbilly and only 2 there who have the balls to race next season

[Edited on 04-12-2016 by Ben G]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 16 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who cares what he's wearing. They are f1 drivers not clothes enthusiasts.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Dec 16 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody else keep salivating at random points during there day at the thought of Alonso driving the second Merc?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Aaron

8th Dec 16 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Anybody else keep salivating at random points during there day at the thought of Alonso driving the second Merc?

Me, but sadly i can't see it happening.

I hope someone quotes this post in a few weeks time to prove me wrong though.
Ben G

8th Dec 16 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to see that, but he may end up doing a Kimi and generally being shit most of the time.
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Dec 16 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowe might be leaving Merc to go to Williams, with Allison replacing him. Interesting.

MX5 Project Thread
tom130691
Premium Member

13th Dec 16 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swap for bottas?
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Dec 16 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think Paddy is getting on a bit, might have lost his edge in the cockpit

Better than Barichello mind!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
tom130691
Premium Member

15th Dec 16 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suspect Pascal wehrlein will move up to Williams to cover as part of the deal to let bottas go.

Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Dec 16 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the Martini contract demands an older driver in the team, so if Bottas is released they may need to dig Massa back out.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

17th Dec 16 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jenson back to Williams then
Rick Draper

18th Dec 16 at 03:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Jenson back to Williams then

Nope.

Sloth has no plans for next year where as JB has a fully paid up contract at McLaren for 2 seasons iirc. Williams would not want a driver like Button who would want a hefty wedge to sign as he would have to leave a hefty C contract....

[Edited on 18-12-2016 by Rick Draper]

<<  33    34    35    36    37  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1119709 seconds