corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread

New Poll
  <<  31    32    33    34    35    36    37  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official 2016 F1 Thread
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 16 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wonderful thing about opinion is that everyone is entitled to their own, the sad thing about fanboys is that they don't agree with that.
Aaron

27th Nov 16 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This
Aaron

27th Nov 16 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just incase anyone is unsure...I also think Hamilton is a cunt. A massive cunt.

whitter45

27th Nov 16 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done Nico - to bring it back on track

Bring on next year - although I get the feeling the mercs will still be light years ahead

Can't wait - got 2 GPs lined up next year
Ben G

27th Nov 16 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
The wonderful thing about opinion is that everyone is entitled to their own, the sad thing about fanboys is that they don't agree with that.

I'd have the same opinion if you called Rosberg a cunt for the way he dresses.

We're fans of F1, not readers of heat magazine. Please create your own thread on mumsnet for that.
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 16 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I'm not an F1 fan
Steve
Premium Member

27th Nov 16 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol so a driver that employs dodgy tactics to win for example Monaco isn't a cunt yet someone that shows a bit of emotion off the track is.

Weirdos

What's even weirder is how people would rather support a foreign driver and readily want to hate someone that represents their own nationality in a sport.

The same weirdos are the ones constantly bashing Andy Murray for a throw away comment he made about England football team in jest years ago.

[Edited on 27-11-2016 by Steve]
nibnob21
Premium Member

27th Nov 16 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton is the better driver but that's not to say Rosberg doesn't deserve a championship.

Interesting stat from Ben Edwards in commentary that in the last three seasons Rosberg and Hamilton have both had 4 mechanical failures.

Of course luck has come into it but that's nothing new. You don't hear people shouting that Raikkonen didn't deserve his championship after Hamilton's mystery electronic glitch part way through Brazil 2007.

MX5 Project Thread
whitter45

27th Nov 16 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who says you have to support your own country man - i support the driver and team I like the most

Nationality doesn't come into it

Tha fact hamilton is a wannabe yank doesn't help your arguement anyway
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 16 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regarding supporting your own country, I'm a Jenson Button fan, he's pretty British.
Aaron

28th Nov 16 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
The fact hamilton is a wannabe yank doesn't help your arguement anyway

I watched a cringeworthy video yesterday where Hamilton spoke the first few words in an attempted American accent

Sounded like a douche
Ellis

28th Nov 16 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton fans are hilarious. All of sudden defensive the minute a bad word is said.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Nov 16 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem with criticism, but much of it doesn't seem to have much logic behind it. Hating someone, especially an F1 driver, for the way they talk is a bit weird imo

Anyone got any real criticism about the way he drives? you know judge him on what he actually should be judged on - his driving ability.

[Edited on 28-11-2016 by Steve]
whitter45

28th Nov 16 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
No problem with criticism, but much of it doesn't seem to have much logic behind it. Hating someone, especially an F1 driver, for the way they talk is a bit weird imo

Anyone got any real criticism about the way he drives? you know judge him on what he actually should be judged on - his driving ability.

[Edited on 28-11-2016 by Steve]

I think when he is good he is very good - the way he can control races, manage the gap, engine etc - however this requires him to be at the front at the start

When its against him he does seem to lose his head

Not taking it away from him - he is a great driver, but I feel his focus on F1 is very up and down and it shows in his results.

I think the right driver won the WDC this year

However I prefer Vettel and Alonso and it has nothing to do with nationality - just prefer them as drivers etc - no harm it that surely
A1EX

28th Nov 16 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's great that Nico won the WDC but the majority of the talk is about Hamilton still.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

28th Nov 16 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the rumour mill starts:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/15740/10675526/lewis-hamilton-reportedly-facing-the-sack-or-suspension-over-his-abu-dhabi-gp-rebellion
whitter45

28th Nov 16 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
And the rumour mill starts:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/15740/10675526/lewis-hamilton-reportedly-facing-the-sack-or-suspension-over-his-abu-dhabi-gp-rebellion

no way will they suspend him or sack him - too much marketing for him and who would they get to replace him apart from Vettel, Nado or Max - all of which are locked in contract

He will get fined and have to do the typical PR roadshows

Bring on next year - odds already look good for an outside bet on Vettel and Nico
sc0ott

28th Nov 16 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If say red bull and Ferrari are closer to merc in terms of performance, I can't see Rosie winning again. He's an average driver at best in a car that is well ahead of the rest imo
whitter45

28th Nov 16 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
If say red bull and Ferrari are closer to merc in terms of performance, I can't see Rosie winning again. He's an average driver at best in a car that is well ahead of the rest imo

see, I don't get this. Over qualifying they have been very close (yes sometimes the gap has been bigger than expected)

However he has dominated some races this year, just as Hamilton has

Your comments would suggest maybe Hamilton is not as good if Rosberg is average but we know that isn't the case

Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Nov 16 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
I feel his focus on F1 is very up and down and it shows in his results.

However I prefer Vettel and Alonso

I'm paraphrasing you here, so heads up

I think the reason why a few LH fans get overly defensive (and it is a few, they're just vocal ) is that Lewis seems to pay for all of his PR brainfarts, radio outbursts and general celebrity sportsman traits, whereas other drivers completely get away with it.

Seb has been terrible this year, he's let Max get completely under his skin and his temperament has really hampered his driving through the year. He got outqualified by Grandad Kimi ffs As for Fernando "GP2 Engine" Alonso he's been a PR nightmare over the years, a number of occasions he's actually requested to park up and finish (with a healthy car) before the end of the race because the car isn't fast or whatever.

Whenever a LH debate is broken down, it always seems to come down to "he dresses like a twat and hangs around with rappers" which should be a concern only to the sports media bottom feeders, not to real F1 fans surely. How many times have we heard respected F1 journos bleating concern on TV because Lewis spent the summer break paddleboarding with Tupac, for him then to rock up to a Grand Prix with some dodgy sunglasses on and romp the field all weekend? Surely these journos can only be shown up so many times...

People don't need to justify their like or dislike for different drivers, but the reasons that people DO pull out for disliking Lewis more often than not just diminishes my respect for that persons interest and appreciation of motorsport talent and I categorise them appropriately as Daily Mail reading scum

I think most of are a similar age, so grew up just on the outside of the Senna/Prost era and spent the bulk of our F1 appreciation years watching MSC romp around. I'm not anti-Schumi by any means, but it was refreshing when Alonso turned up - so when Lewis came along and threatened the "schumi beater" and spent his first year chucking divebombs up the side of Ferraris in formula that was "impossible to overtake"... it was even better, the fact that he's English is a convenient benefit.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

28th Nov 16 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dislike him because he's a massive bell end.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Nov 16 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same could be said for almost any successful f1 driver. In fact I'd say it was a required trait for success
Ben G

28th Nov 16 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say Vettel is up there on the bellend scale, yet you seem to wank him off at every opportunity, Jambo.

As above, seems like it's a personality trait needed for success in pretty much anything in life.
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 16 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Same could be said for almost any successful f1 driver. In fact I'd say it was a required trait for success

Hill? Mansell? Button?

3 other British champions who seem(ed) to conduct themselves better and not bitch about their team when an engine failed.

That's the bigger issue here for me, shit happens, you're in a racing car, suck it up like the others, sit on a deck chair and go to sleep... ride a marshall's bike back to the pits, don't slag your team off and be stupid enough to suggest someone is being underhand with your car! That just makes you look like a childish bellend in my opinion.

In the interest of fairness, it's not just him I dislike in motorsport, I can't stand Jason Plato, yeah he's an amazing driver but he's very similar to LH in that he will complain first and think after, it's that trait I don't like.

I still maintain LH looks like a cunt though, I don't care if that makes me 'wrong', it's my opinions!

Jambo

28th Nov 16 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I'd say Vettel is up there on the bellend scale, yet you seem to wank him off at every opportunity, Jambo.

As above, seems like it's a personality trait needed for success in pretty much anything in life.

Four time world champion? Yes he's pretty good Ben, feel free to find examples of my every opportunity to wank him off. He is just as flawed as many, but he is also massively funny and seems like a decent enough chap.

Lewis annoys the fuck out of me but I have never doubted his ability, doesn't stop me thinking he is a massive penis. As Robin pointed out, his belief of sabotage/conspiracy is as childish, moronic as his personality is.

[Edited on 28-11-2016 by Jambo]

<<  31    32    33    34    35    36    37  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1793730 seconds