corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery question.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery question.
eyeopen
Banned

User status: Offline
5th Jan 16 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, So just measured my battery tray yesterday making sure new battery will fit, there is like a case covering half the battery on positive side of battery. What do I do with this? will it fit in new battery? also has cables etc inside it?

--ToM--

5th Jan 16 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chop the cables that are in it away, there not needed
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Jan 16 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a pic? im confused
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

5th Jan 16 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Chop the cables that are in it away, there not needed

wow ... yes do this .... and don't forget to grease your brake discs

but seriously, that is probably a fuse board and you should be able to disconnect it and reconnect it to the new battery.

pics would help

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jan 16 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been following the battery issue, what is the reason that you want a different one? Might help if you're planning a system to have a list of bits and what they're going to draw.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

5th Jan 16 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally use the battery from a diesel variant, that way they will fit and are normally a lot more powerful

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
eyeopen
Banned

5th Jan 16 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I don't think battery is 100% and I have a sub amp and last week when I went to change bulbs(fog) and left them on to see if were better than previous ones, battery went dead and car couldn't start. I don't wish to keep car on every time I stop play music and have a fag and feel safe it wont go dead if I do. Also when too many things are running interiror lights flash etc, doesn't feel it can cope.

old battery is like 360CCA and 50Ah new one is 750CCA and 74AH.

Also a garage said theyl charge me £30 to fit because they need to keep a positive charge so codes don't go is this true?

[Edited on 05-01-2016 by eyeopen]
eyeopen
Banned

11th Jan 16 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope its not thankx all done can change battery without codes going on 2010 corsa at least

New Poll