corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford dealer bumped my car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford dealer bumped my car
stubs

User status: Offline
   11th Sep 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been on here for some time, but thought I'd pop in to ask some advice.
I took my car into Ford today to have a warranty repair done on it. It's only 10 months old and I've taken exceptional care of it, and it's always driven carefully and up to now it's never picked up a single car park related mark.
I've got a very covert dash cam setup (front & rear) which is fairly difficult to spot. It's not hidden so I can spy, but it's done so it's not an attractive "gadget" on show for any would-be thieves.

Anyway, I always have a quick review of the footage if it's been in their care, as quite frankly I don't trust them and I've already had other "incidents" occur in the past.
This time I noticed that after doing their work & regular checks, they managed to bump it into a bollard outside their workshop on their own car park. It wasn't a big impact and was only slow, but it definitely bumped it, as the sign wrapped around the bollard moved, and you can clearly hear it. The guy then reversed a little, and got out and bent down to have a good look at the front of the car before locking it and walking away.

Nothing was mentioned to me when I picked the car up, and I glanced over it quickly and spotted nothing obvious, but was in a hurry to get back to work. I've had a quick look now, and can't see anything obvious, but it's dark outside so can't be 100% sure.

My question is, do I approach the dealer and complain even if there is no damage, or would it not be worth the trouble? I'm pissed off that I take so much care of the damn car, and expected Ford to treat my property likewise, yet they seem to just not care at all at times.

Any thoughts?
Brett
Premium Member

11th Sep 15 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'd complain either way. Might get a free service out of it for negligence.

Any pics of how to cam is mounted? Quite intrigued

[Edited on 11-09-2015 by Brett]
stubs

11th Sep 15 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I thought that, but I'm not sure I want it back there anymore (not the first incident with them). Plus if there's no damage to be paid for, I wondered if it's best to keep the camera's a secret from them incase something happens again in future and they turn it off.
stubs

11th Sep 15 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No pics, but it's the Blackvue DR650GW with all the text removed, sounds disabled, led's covered and it doesn't have a screen on it. The cables are all routed out of sight and it's high up and behind the rear view mirror. From the drivers seat you can't see it, and the angle of the front glass makes it difficult to see from the outside, plus it's mostly behind the black part of the glass too, so just the lens peeks out.

[Edited on 11-09-2015 by stubs]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Sep 15 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post the vid. They spread like wildfire on car forums.

If you approach them and their response isn't satisfactory or they just lie, then name and shame.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
stubs

11th Sep 15 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Post the vid. They spread like wildfire on car forums.

If you approach them and their response isn't satisfactory or they just lie, then name and shame.

To be fair it's not that exciting to watch, and I'm gonna keep my cards close to my chest till I decide what's best. Think I might book to meet with the general manager on Monday afternoon and take it from there. Got a few other things to raise with him from the last time too (also with cam footage).
--ToM--

11th Sep 15 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate it when customers bring cars in to me for mot with dash cams recording. I allways turn them off. Why would you want to record your mot. Weirdos.
Jimbothebarbarian

11th Sep 15 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This kind of thing grates on me tbh. If there is any damage approach them and get it fixed.

But remember bumpers are just that, bumpers designed for human error. The guy didn't do it on purpose and if there's no mark why would/should he tell anyone.

Ask yourself this if the roles were reversed would you 'fess up? If you say yes you might just be kidding yourself and nobody else.

stubs

11th Sep 15 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom, the cam records all the time, I didn't turn it on just for the garage work.

Jim, I get what you're saying but if you saw someone drive into your 10 month old car in a car park, would you have a word with them or just say "don't worry, no damage, feel free to do it again as that's what bumpers are for"?
Jason x
Premium Member

11th Sep 15 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there's absolutely no damage i don't see what you have to gain to be honest, nothing for them to fix or put right.

If anything maybe just approach the guy who did (assuming you can identify him from video) with a knife and tell him he's lucky there was no damage

[Edited on 11-09-2015 by Jason x]
stubs

11th Sep 15 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll know tomorrow when I check it in the light, not bothering now. But it's not just this incident that I've had issues with this dealership over, it's just another item on a growing list and I'm getting tired of them.
Ben G

11th Sep 15 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Hate it when customers bring cars in to me for mot with dash cams recording. I allways turn them off. Why would you want to record your mot. Weirdos.

Incase you drive into a bollard, obviously.
Generation

11th Sep 15 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be w cunt.

If there's damage, then complain.

Obviously an accident, and why get the guy in trouble? Potentially lose his job over an accident. Everybody in this country always trying to get something for free
Wrighty_1988

12th Sep 15 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Don't be w cunt.

If there's damage, then complain.

Obviously an accident, and why get the guy in trouble? Potentially lose his job over an accident. Everybody in this country always trying to get something for free

This
Eck
Premium Member

12th Sep 15 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've had more than one incident of issue, go in and have a word.
Also, how is it being a cunt if someone had an incident in your car? Accident or not, the guy is still liable. Don't see how it's getting something for free if someone has had an obvious bump with a bollard Besides, if there have been previous incidents, fuck them.
jbguitarking

12th Sep 15 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No damage? No worries.
Generation

12th Sep 15 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because no harm has been done. I wouldn't care, and I've just bought a new bumper for my car. Certainly wouldn't risk fkin up somebody's life over it.

Could lose his job, not be able to support his family, not be able to pay mortgage all because of you, trying to get some free fkin floor matts. Need to get a life
--ToM--

12th Sep 15 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt he would lose his job if no damage was caused, I wouldn't expect my staff to tell me he had bumped a customers car or opened a car door into another car outside and not left a mark, if it's not caused any damage why would he need to tell me and why would I need to care?

If he did cause damage I would expect to be told and if I wasn't told and I was approached by an unhappy customer only then would I start with taking disciplinary action.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Sep 15 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same could be said for bumping it up a kerb, most of the time no damage will be done.

No doubt you'll get a free service next time around even though nothing actually happened. So that will sound like a good deal even though they're obviously already making enough money to absorb such a thing.
DaveyLC

14th Sep 15 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd so be posting the video on Facebook and tagging the dealership in it
Balling
Premium Member

14th Sep 15 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
if you saw someone drive into your 10 month old car in a car park, would you have a word with them or just say "don't worry, no damage, feel free to do it again as that's what bumpers are for"?
Why would you ask them to do it again?

I've had this exact thing happen. Lady bumped my car while I was sitting in it. Stepped out and looked, she apologised, there was no damage and we both went on with our lives without me making a big deal out of an honest mistake.

The guy made a mistake and checked thoroughly to make sure he didn't cause any damage. It's nothing to be upset about. The age of your car is irrelevant.

Stop feeling so entitled and I guarantee you'll live a happier life.
Stop looking for every little mistake other people make and I guarantee you'll live a happier life.

Generation

14th Sep 15 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
if you saw someone drive into your 10 month old car in a car park, would you have a word with them or just say "don't worry, no damage, feel free to do it again as that's what bumpers are for"?

I've had this exact thing happen. Lady bumped my car while I was sitting in it. Stepped out and looked, she apologised, there was no damage and we both went on with our lives without me making a big deal out of an honest mistake.

The guy made a mistake and checked thoroughly to make sure he didn't cause any damage. It's nothing to be upset about. The age of your car is irrelevant.

Stop looking for every little mistake other people make and I guarantee you'll live a happier life.
antnee

14th Sep 15 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:

ShEp

14th Sep 15 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound like 'one of those customers' tbh

What the hell are you going to complain about?
A1EX

14th Sep 15 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes going to complain about his car being mistreated when in the hands of people who should be looking after it, people are so soft nowadays saying dont do anything, why shouldnt he complain and the person who did it get in trouble, just because theres no damage doesnt mean there should not be repercussions.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford dealer bumped my car 23 database queries in 0.1878250 seconds