corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford dealer bumped my car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford dealer bumped my car
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Sep 15 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kind of related..
http://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1029581-day-from-hell-thanks-to-shelly-motors.html

No damage tho so it's ok
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely its worth saying something just so the manager has a word to be more careful in future, as next time there might be some damage to someones car?
Dave

16th Sep 15 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Kind of related..
http://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1029581-day-from-hell-thanks-to-shelly-motors.html

No damage tho so it's ok

A friend had similar to this in his Range Rover, only this was at a main dealer and iirc was 140+ on an A road. They waived the cost of the service and additional works it went in for (tyres etc), no idea what happened to the driver but you'd assume he was in trouble.

Balling
Premium Member

16th Sep 15 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No damage tho so it's ok
I'd argue there's a massive difference between deliberately using the car in a manner that's both dangerous, illegal, and very far from what's agreed and then somebody accidentally bumping the car while parking it.

Nic Barnes

16th Sep 15 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I videod the mechanic at Vauxhall driving my corsa into the workshop. Just remembered I did that.
antnee

16th Sep 15 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I videod the mechanic at Vauxhall driving my corsa into the workshop. Just remembered I did that.

It will be the other way around for Steve, the mechanics will film him for being a weirdo
Nic Barnes

16th Sep 15 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/CZRZXF4IZxE

3 years ago that.
boylers11

16th Sep 15 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by boylers11
if this lad has bumped one, the chances are he's bumped tens of customers cars.
Hopefully you don't need to make a mistake ten times to learn a lesson. I bet this mechanic doesn't either. Assuming he's done it to tens of customer cars is quite a big assumption based on a single incident.

You bet? I assume? Seems like we are both making guesses in this discussion eh? Kinda shot yourself in the foot there.

quote:
Yes, it was obviously a mistake and if no damage was done, there's no need for 'compensation', however, for the sake of a phone call, it's worth letting the manager know.
To what end? What is the purpose of calling the manager?

In this case, it will bring the manager awareness the fact that this member of staff bumped/bumps customers cars. I'm sure my boss would like to know if I got caught doing the equivalent thing and so would yours. Next time there may be damage

quote:
I think most people on here would be equally as annoyed as Stubs if it happened us
Absolutely. The thing is, most of us would live in blissful ignorance in stead of going searching for something to be annoyed about, or in worst case shrug of the annoyance, as literally nothing has happened from the mistake.

Increasing numbers of people have car cameras. Ok, most probably don't sit and analyse the footage from a service or MOT, but raising staff awareness of the potential issues wouldn't take much effort.

Not quite sure if you're just being argumentative here for the sake of it or playing devils advocate!
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 15 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL at that Scoobynet thread, someone just suggested making an international call to Subaru Japan.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 15 at 01:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They must be made out of jelly as well, as apparently one single rag from cold is enough to finish it off.
--ToM--

17th Sep 15 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warming up and cooling down of a scooby motor is quite essential tbf.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 15 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be buying a Ford if owning a bru is that much of a faff.
nathy_87

17th Sep 15 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Kind of related..

No damage tho so it's ok

His story sounds dodgy.
Nic Barnes

17th Sep 15 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you tell him to take it back to the dealer immediately nathy?
taylorboosh

17th Sep 15 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what happened?

Also what a bunch of bell ends on scoobynet
--ToM--

17th Sep 15 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scooby owners for you john
antnee

18th Sep 15 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'd be buying a Ford if owning a bru is that much of a faff.

Owning a Ford is a faff too, the dealers drive it into stationary objects and don't cause damage.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Sep 15 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a mechanic drove my car into a post I'd be wanting at least a dent, it's as if he wasn't even trying.

[Edited on 18-09-2015 by Mike]
nathy_87

18th Sep 15 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Would you tell him to take it back to the dealer immediately nathy?

Not in this instance no. With the OP I would've spoken to the manager of the garage and said something along the lines of While my car was at your garage, it has been bumped but there was no damage on this occasion, please could you make sure that your colleagues drive customers cars with care.

As for the scooby thread, I would've phoned up the manager of that garage see what he would say and what actions he would've taken then gone to the Police just to cover my own back. Although if he went through a camera then you just send it off saying it wasn't you driving.
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Sep 15 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Scooby owners for you john

Have a friend, bought a Mk2 Focus RS when they were new and left it with Ford for them to do some work (service maybe, can't remember).

He got the car back and it was "wobbling" on acceleration. Saw a friend the following day who made a comment along the lines of "bloody hell, you were flying down XXX road yesterday". This suggested the Ford garage were out blasting his car up and down at speeds quoted to be of "over 100mph", but of course no dash cam or evidence back then.

The "wobbling" on acceleration ended up being a bent wheel and damage to the differential, presumably it whacked a kerb/pothole/something during the Ford dealer test drive. Again, no evidence - so he ended up trading the car in and washing his hands of it after numerous failed attempts to fix it.

Worryingly I bet it's been a common occurrence in the past for dealerships to have "energetic" test drives in performance cars. Hopefully the dashcam revolution goes a long way to catching them out.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jay26

18th Sep 15 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always turn off the customers dash cameras when cars come into work
Ben G

18th Sep 15 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay26
I always turn off the customers dash cameras when cars come into work

Why would you do this? Unless you have something to hide, of course.

Do you walk down the street covering your face incase cctv catch you?
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Sep 15 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen some pretty subtle installs too, which would need wire cutting to turn them off

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Sep 15 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or do you spray paint the lens like Tom Cruise on Mission Impossible?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jay26

18th Sep 15 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why should customers get to film without asking? Invasion of privacy simple as that

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford dealer bumped my car 23 database queries in 0.1115201 seconds