corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Android SMS issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Android SMS issues
oceansoul

User status: Offline
27th Aug 15 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Nexus 6 and my girlfriend has iPhone 5(or 5S i don't know the difference) and were having troubles with SMS.

I'm on Three she is on EE(T Mobile).

Every now and then (at least once a day, usually more) she will just not receive an SMS that i have sent. I know they are being sent as far as the Three message centre as they show up in my bill, but never get received by the iPhone. She doesn't notice this happening with other non iPhone users, but she doesn't send as great a number to them as she does to me, so likely to notice more.

I know SMS isn't a "to be relied on/instantaneous" protocol, but in reality it is pretty instant, and messages should be getting "lost" at least not on this scale.

I wonder if its anything to do with iMessage or some weird apple thing going on, but i dont know about those things. Could equally be an issue with EE.

Anyone have any ideas??

EDIT: Should also add; it seems to be at common times in the day that she doesn't receive my messages. Around 1900 & 2200. I know busy periods in the networks' service centres can cause delays, usually they turn up in the end.

[Edited on 27-08-2015 by oceansoul]
Dom

27th Aug 15 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any issues with you receiving sms's from the iPhone?
Have you recently made a switch from iPhone to Android?

Quick Google brought up this - https://m.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/2xr4ej/my_iphone_wont_receive_text_messages_from_android/. Seems a bit of 'a last resort' solution but it might work.

There's also this link with a few (basic) tips - www.technobezz.com/5-ways-fix-cant-send-receive-texts-non-iphones/.

Might also be worth turning on delivery reports and seeing if they're actually being received the phones.
Neo

28th Aug 15 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People still use texts Thought everyone had whatsapp
Cavey

28th Aug 15 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What haplens when the ban WhatsApp because of a the terrorists using it?

I use texts for everything except photos, obviously WhatsApp for that
oceansoul

28th Aug 15 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Any issues with you receiving sms's from the iPhone?
Have you recently made a switch from iPhone to Android?

Quick Google brought up this - https://m.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/2xr4ej/my_iphone_wont_receive_text_messages_from_android/. Seems a bit of 'a last resort' solution but it might work.

There's also this link with a few (basic) tips - www.technobezz.com/5-ways-fix-cant-send-receive-texts-non-iphones/.

Might also be worth turning on delivery reports and seeing if they're actually being received the phones.

Occasionally I don't receive SMS from her iPhone. But it is not as frequent. I have never had an apple device (apart from an old iPod) so iMesssage shouldn't be causing any issues.

I also found those links, seems a bit excessive to delete all her messages, but might be the only way. I might get her to try the disable iMesssage then re enable it. See if that helps. Or resetting network settings.

After I wrote this last night, I actually enabled delivery reports (three charge for each report now!!!!). So far haven't had a SMS that she's complained about not receiving, but next time she does I'll see if her iPhone has reported the SMS as delivered.

One think I was looking for last night, SMS validity period? Apparently cant be changed on modern phones?! I remember old Nokia's it was an option under SMS settings.
Dom

28th Aug 15 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
What haplens when the ban WhatsApp because of a the terrorists using it?

I imagine 'terrorists' are using something a bit more secure than WhatsApp Plus there are plenty of other (better) IM's anyway, like Telegram - full P2P encryption etc

Oceansoul - Isn't the validity period set by the network? Can't say i've seen the option within Android, certainly not with the default AOSP or Google Hangout apps; might be worth looking at third-party apps as they may give you the option to adjust it.
pow
Premium Member

28th Aug 15 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have this problem with a couple of people as well, tried all sorts - the only thing that seemed to make a difference with me is if they have my personal email address (same as my icloud one for my pad) in my contact it would mess up, got them to remove that address and it got better, not 100% though. I relented in the end and got WhatsApp
oceansoul

8th Sep 15 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem seem to be solved. She had my email address saved to the same contact as my phone number. I guess the apple imessage service was trying to like my number/email to imessage or something peculiar, even though I have never used it!

New Poll