corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike day.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorbike day.
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Aug 15 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeF86
Someone pulling out on you is different to trying to give it the big one with 'couldn't trust myself.'. The truth is probably you ain't ballsy enough to get on one in the first place. Not saying they aren't dangerous, just fed of always getiting the same old bullshit of people trying too hard.

Not ballsy enough. Now who's trying to sound hard. You seem to think that you're in an elite group because you own one. I've only ever ridden crossers, and I wouldn't say I have balls for doing so. But thank you for reinforcing my opinion of you.
taylorboosh

1st Aug 15 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Someone pulling out on you is different to trying to give it the big one with 'couldn't trust myself.'. The truth is probably you ain't ballsy enough to get on one in the first place. Not saying they aren't dangerous, just fed of always getiting the same old bullshit of people trying too hard.

But then your saying a rs125 isnt a proper bike... Yet derestricted they do 0-60 in 6 seconds which is fucking fast as opposed to the mjority of cars...

Like i say theyre death traps, and ive had plenty of fast cars, bikes are far far more vulnerable
MikeF86

1st Aug 15 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're not talking RS125's it ain't a proper bike. We're talking bikes that do 60 in just over 3 seconds. Big boy bikes.
MikeF86

1st Aug 15 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Not ballsy enough. Now who's trying to sound hard. You seem to think that you're in an elite group because you own one. I've only ever ridden crossers, and I wouldn't say I have balls for doing so. But thank you for reinforcing my opinion of you.

Don't think I'm elite, just saying I'm fed of reading/hearing 'if I had a bike I'd kill myself', when the truth is you ain't got the balls to get a bike. Just say that and be done with it. Thank you for having an opinion on me.
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't think you're elite, yet think you have bigger balls than other people because you own a "big boy bike" You keep telling yourself that, mate.
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We're not talking RS125's it ain't a proper bike. We're talking bikes that do 60 in just over 3 seconds. Big boy bikes.

When did anyone say this chat was exclusive to big boy bikes? Your point was based on people owning bikes in particular? Making yourself look silly now.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Aug 15 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This guy is deluded thinking bikes aren't dangerous.

Other halfs friend had a gsxr600 for his 1st bike. Sensible guy and came off it at 60mph. Broke his back, will be in constant pain the rest of his life, not to mention some personal problems. Shame as he's 1 of the nicest blokes you could know but the accident has messed him and his life up. If he was "on it" at that time he probably wouldn't be here today.
MikeF86

2nd Aug 15 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

When did anyone say this chat was exclusive to big boy bikes? Your point was based on people owning bikes in particular? Making yourself look silly now.

Not really. The thread started with talk of an S1000RR, hardly a piddly fucking 125 is it?! Then came the comments, 'would love a bike but I'm too weak willed when it comes to speed and noise'. That coming from yourself who doesn't own a bike, and some idiot who rode a derstricted 125!! I was merely making the point that it's the token response from non bikers and most bikers find it funny as its so far from the truth!
MikeF86

2nd Aug 15 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

Other halfs friend had a gsxr600 for his 1st bike. Sensible guy and came off it at 60mph. Broke his back, will be in constant pain the rest of his life, not to mention some personal problems. Shame as he's 1 of the nicest blokes you could know but the accident has messed him and his life up. If he was "on it" at that time he probably wouldn't be here today.

Never said they weren't dangerous bud. They are, mainly due to other road users.......
DaveyLC

2nd Aug 15 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I have a long list of Friends who have died or been seriously injured on motorbikes... And I can only think of a couple who have been injured in a car crash.
taylorboosh

2nd Aug 15 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Never said they weren't dangerous bud. They are, mainly due to other road users.......

So if bikes are mainly dangerous because of other road users, why does it matter if its a 125 or a 1000?

Your an actual spacker
--ToM--

2nd Aug 15 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation will be in next telling you all how to spell "you're" lol
taylorboosh

2nd Aug 15 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Not really. The thread started with talk of an S1000RR, hardly a piddly fucking 125 is it?! Then came the comments, 'would love a bike but I'm too weak willed when it comes to speed and noise'. That coming from yourself who doesn't own a bike, and some idiot who rode a derstricted 125!! I was merely making the point that it's the token response from non bikers and most bikers find it funny as its so far from the truth!

So you speak for most bikers now? I made that comment purely because I am. There wasn't a day went by where I wouldn't max out my Civic a couple of years back, (which isn't even on the same stratosphere as a "big bike") but now I have kids and a great deal more responsibility, and I know myself that I would constantly try to overtake etc, because I know I can be an idiot (when I don't have the family in the car).
But let's talk seriously here;
first you say that people say that because they don't have the balls to get on a bike... I've been on a few, and I don't think it takes balls.
Then you say that a 125cc doesn't count as it's not a big bike, and it's not dangerous.
Now you speak on behalf of most bikers about your opinion on non bikers.
You really haven't covered yourself in much glory here; probably best to just leave it there as you are sounding more like a twat with every comment.

[Edited on 02-08-2015 by Eck]
MikeF86

2nd Aug 15 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:
quote:

So if bikes are mainly dangerous because of other road users, why does it matter if its a 125 or a 1000?

Your an actual spacker

You're changing the argument...........spacker
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your an actual spacker

You're changing the argument...........spacker

Not at all. You insinuated the 125 wasn't dangerous because it isn't a big bike?
taylorboosh

2nd Aug 15 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id bet that an rs125 will corner as fast as most big bikes, 80mph on a rs125 is the same as 80mph on an r1

Fact is, you can still die on any bike as theyre fucking dangerous

Also what banned member are you? Joined 2015 but knows i had an rs125
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure it won't John. Tyre width suspension etc just isn't up to the same job
taylorboosh

2nd Aug 15 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/aprilia/rs125/1995/

Pretty sure your wrong..... Ali frame, super light weight
flybikeslee

2nd Aug 15 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee

[Edited on 01-08-2015 by flybikeslee]

Nice. Looks well in white. Plans?

My next job is to do away with the exhaust valve/flap thing. It's far too quiet. That will have to do till I can spank 550quid on a yoshi can

levers, screen, exhaust and seat cowl...

bits ordered already
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What cowl? Honda one is a but dear
DaveyLC

3rd Aug 15 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Id bet that an rs125 will corner as fast as most big bikes, 80mph on a rs125 is the same as 80mph on an r1

Fact is, you can still die on any bike as theyre fucking dangerous

Also what banned member are you? Joined 2015 but knows i had an rs125

And you can walk just as fast with a limp wrist while wearing a chemise but you'll look equally as homosexual as you do on an RS125.

"Hey check out my 'race-rep' with learner plates and biscuit wheels, how f**king cool am I?"

I've ridden de-restricted RS125s and MITO's and never once have I thought to myself "Wow there isn't much difference between this and an R1"..

The only smaller CC 2-stroke bikes I've ever ridden and thought "fuck me that's quick" is an RD350 and a Kwak H-500 (which is quite simply MENTALISM when it comes on pipe).

[Edited on 03-08-2015 by DaveyLC]
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Aug 15 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rs125s are proper smart looking bikes for what they are. And your 17/18.

True that you can die on either but a big bike will do 0-death speeds a hell of a lot quicker
Dee25790

3rd Aug 15 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Second the rd350, little screamer.

I must say tho I had a dt125 that had an unbelievable amount of power for its size and there was an enduro version on the same bike with the same power that could be L plated.

I also bored a Suzuki Katana and kitted it with nos. that was unbelievable for a scooter. But died very quickly due to the nos
Dee25790

3rd Aug 15 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also ridden a tuned gilera runner. That could leave some 'big bikes' standing with no problem.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike day. 22 database queries in 0.0178640 seconds