corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike day.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorbike day.
baza31

User status: Offline
14th Jul 15 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have any experiance with a bmw s1000rr? I have sort of got my heart set on a 2011 model in white. A few customers of mine go out and keep trying to persuade me to get a bike and now I don't have to answer to no one I figured it may be the right time. This is my first road bike btw. I like the idea of the abs etc and from what I read they can be quite forgiving on the wet setting . Going to have a look at one on Saturday.
DaveyLC

14th Jul 15 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome bike.. Very heavy though, if its your first bike be prepared to drop it and look very silly
johnny86
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got some balls. I been riding years and started on an r6 now have an r1.

I raced on my private track against s100rr and lost. Well it was 8pm and I bottled it after 170 mph without my gear on.

I wanna go test ride one.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got your licence yet? Where is the bike?

I'm bored of my 600 already.
ARD1

14th Jul 15 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a beast of a bike, left me on my 1198 for dead, but it is a lot heavier then what you learn on and the gears are so much longer. If your going to do it get some crash bobbins and bar ends just to be on the safe side whilst you learn the bike. People will say its to big for a first road bike but it will only go as fast as you turn the throttle
johnny86
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need one of these.

Got a good deal on mine.
Dee25790

14th Jul 15 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ARD1
its a beast of a bike, left me on my 1198 for dead, but it is a lot heavier then what you learn on and the gears are so much longer. If your going to do it get some crash bobbins and bar ends just to be on the safe side whilst you learn the bike. People will say its to big for a first road bike but it will only go as fast as you turn the throttle

It's the power not the top end speed that becomes the problem
Dee25790

14th Jul 15 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
You need one of these.

Got a good deal on mine.

Got enough toys there lad haha?
--ToM--

14th Jul 15 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drug dealer
Wrighty_1988

14th Jul 15 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Older guy has just bought one at work, for ever telling me about his slow mates and him passing them at 170mph+. Also bends he used to take at 100 he now takes at 140. Dont expect him to be around for much longer haha. It has different maps in buttons aswell from what i could tell from him on about it
gazza808

14th Jul 15 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice bikes.

Stupidly fast I've had ago on a friends.

I say get something cheaper as a first bike,
just incase.
I hopped straight on a gsxr600 every one cried I'd die, fall off, drop it etc I never did, if you've got your head screwed on you'll be alright.
First you need to decide what sort of bike you like.
I always thought I'd enjoy a sports bike the most,
now I have a sm and a gsxr600... the gsxr hasn't been further than the mot station since.
Easier to do it on a cheaper bike as they change hands alot easier than say a s1000rr
baza31

14th Jul 15 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary Allen jefferies.

To be fair a 600 would be enough but I like the bike. The only other one I would maybe go for is that triumph 675 which looks a nice bit of kit. How heavy are we talking with this bmw? Ridiculously heavy?

_Allan_

14th Jul 15 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

204-207KG

Late R6 is about 189KG not that much heavier but forget all that 'it only goes as fast as the hand controlling the throttle' nonsense. It's a brute of a bike. You wouldn't expect a new driver to jump straight into a Lambo and expect them to be able to control the power. Two wheels will be less forgiving and the plastics will be expensive
flybikeslee

15th Jul 15 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once my ninjas gone i think i'm going to get one (albeit slightly older)
ARD1

15th Jul 15 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

test ride one see how it feels, im not a fan of inline 4 bikes prefer a twin, i had a street triple as my first bike and that was good fun, then an f3 675 (same as a daytona engine wise with the added bonus of a sensitive throttle) but love the laziness of a twin, you said its your first road bike, what else have you had ie crosser etc?
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always wanted a road bike, but knew I wasn't sensible enough Surely hopping straight on to one of the fastest road bikes ever produced is a bit silly?
johnny86
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should get an old r6 or gsxr600/750 for your 1st bike. Learn how to ride a road bike properly then work your way up.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even a 600cc sports bike is capable of keeping 350+bhp cars honest
johnny86
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Even a 600cc sports bike is capable of keeping 350+bhp cars honest

I'm bidding on a gsxr 600 k3 on ebay as we speak. Gonna sell the r1
Gary
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh. Not a fan. Want a 600 or 1000rr next then a 1098 after I reckon.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jul 15 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a lot of love for the thumping Ducati twins, but an RSV4 is the dream bike.
MikeF86

15th Jul 15 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went straight onto an R6 with visions of a bigger bike after. Soon realised a 600 is plenty quick enough for the roads, your life, the thrill and other road users reactions. Top speed is irrelevant IMO as you will very rarely do it and when you do it'll be for seconds. A 600, or 750 will still reach 100+ quick enough. i then bought a zx6r p8f brand new and loved it for the reasons above. Also, more rideable as you have to rev them and go up/down the box more. Only bigger bike I'd have is a Ducati as always loved them.
Dee25790

15th Jul 15 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me there is/will ever be only two bikes worth having drz 350 or a ninja.

My dad sat me on the tank of his ninja when I was 6 and I was hooked

Edit: just on the drive with the engine running, not riding on the roads

[Edited on 15-07-2015 by Dee25790]
DaveyLC

15th Jul 15 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
a ninja.

That's a bit broad, A bit like saying "A GTi"..

And surely you mean DRZ400SM

[Edited on 15-07-2015 by DaveyLC]
ianofbhills

15th Jul 15 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 200bhp missile as a first bike is probably a bit much imo.

I ride an rsv4 and my mate has an s1000rr. The Beemer is rediculously mental fast but I find it characterless to ride compared to mine.
Any 1000cc bike is wasted on the road anyway there is absolutely no need for that much power. I very rarely ride on the road these days and just stick to trackdays.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike day. 22 database queries in 0.1978159 seconds