corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rant

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rant
SVM 286

User status: Offline
6th May 15 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
I don't care who fixes the bus stop it's not my problem as I don't use it.

Would be different if he smashed into someone's property but it's just a bus stop, no one actually cares about it.

Are you for real Jason, or just fishing?
SVM 286

6th May 15 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You made good points however it shouldn't be me or any other tax payer who pays for the bus stops as we don't use them.

It should be the bus users who pay for them, unless they want to pay my road tax and insurance that is.

You're definitely on a wind up now.
SVM 286

6th May 15 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Your all missing the point.

It doesn't matter whether the bus fair includes bus road tax, bus fuel and bus service they aren't paying car road tax as they don't use cars.

Why should the tax payer cover there bus shelters when they don't use them in the same why there's no reason for bus users to pay car road tax. Anyway this is getting off the point.

[Edited on 06-05-2015 by Jason x]

Just in case you genuinely are not taking the piss Jason.

Bus stops and shelters, like other street furniture, are the property and responsibility of the council in which they are located.

Repair, maintenance and replacement of these items are all catered for by the same.

Funding to carry out these operations is sourced by taxing residents in the parish or borough etc.

So, obviously any additional and unforeseen costs incurred for example by such incidences as vandalism, or damage caused by reckless, dangerous, or careless and inconsiderate driving (whereby neither the offender, nor an insurer have been available to foot the bills for repairs to damage caused by their client), have to be funded in the same manner.
Dee25790

6th May 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As if there's all this kick off over a fucking bus stop. Get a fucking grip. Every time you park over a kerb on the pavement to try and keep a small road clear you put weight on the flags those flags eventually crack. Guess what your council pays for that. Gang of sad self righteous bastards

[Edited on 06-05-2015 by Dee25790]

[Edited on 06-05-2015 by Dee25790]
Dee25790

6th May 15 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Are bus stops not paid for by metro (or whoever your local bus company is)?

All the ones near to mine are plastered with Mersey travel. Pretty sure they're not paid for by a council..
SVM 286

6th May 15 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't park on kerbs Dee.

(don't want to ruin my wheels and tires)

And bus stops are almost certainly very dear btw.

I damaged a two foot section of very low red-brick wall and a street name sign when I hit sand by some road works, over twenty years ago.

The bill levied to my insurers for repairs carried out, by the council, came to nearly seventeen hundred quid.

I wouldn't mind betting that you'd get little change from ten grand for a new bus stop, shelter and bench today.
johnny86
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286

I damaged a two foot section of very low red-brick wall and a street name sign when I hit sand by some road works, over twenty years ago.

The bill levied to my insurers for repairs carried out, by the council, came to nearly seventeen hundred quid.

I wouldn't mind betting that you'd get little change from ten grand for a new bus stop, shelter and bench today.

Saved my excess then aye.
Nic Barnes

6th May 15 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you still claiming the finance, insurance and car is all in your name?
SVM 286

6th May 15 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
quote:

Not really. You should have a protected policy.

Plus this won't be an isolated incident.

All circumstances such as this one add up and in the long run, every one that pays council tax and car insurance will pay more.

Btw John, is your tag for stealing petrol, or something additional?

How can you afford £100 bets, M5s and the cost of raising a child, if your financial position compels you to steal fuel?
Jason x
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
You made good points however it shouldn't be me or any other tax payer who pays for the bus stops as we don't use them.

It should be the bus users who pay for them, unless they want to pay my road tax and insurance that is.

My missus uses public transport to go into central London for work. She still pays to drive a car aswell.

Your argument is completely idiotic.

I reject this. She uses both so she pays for both I see no issue with this whatsoever.

I don't use both yet supposedly should pay for both. You can't prove the rule with the exception.

Jason x
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Your all missing the point.

It doesn't matter whether the bus fair includes bus road tax, bus fuel and bus service they aren't paying car road tax as they don't use cars.

Why should the tax payer cover there bus shelters when they don't use them in the same why there's no reason for bus users to pay car road tax. Anyway this is getting off the point.

Just in case you genuinely are not taking the piss Jason.

Bus stops and shelters, like other street furniture, are the property and responsibility of the council in which they are located.

Repair, maintenance and replacement of these items are all catered for by the same.

Funding to carry out these operations is sourced by taxing residents in the parish or borough etc.

So, obviously any additional and unforeseen costs incurred for example by such incidences as vandalism, or damage caused by reckless, dangerous, or careless and inconsiderate driving (whereby neither the offender, nor an insurer have been available to foot the bills for repairs to damage caused by their client), have to be funded in the same manner.

Well I live in a remote area and there is no bus shelters the bus just stops and let's people on. So either I don't fund it anyway or I'm funding it for a place I don't even live for something I don't even use, makes sense I suppose.
johnny86
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

All circumstances such as this one add up and in the long run, every one that pays council tax and car insurance will pay more.

How can you afford £100 bets, M5s and the cost of raising a child, if your financial position compels you to steal fuel?

I got a good job. No I'm not on tag for stealing fuel.
Steve
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol parking on kerbs Yeah ok
SVM 286

6th May 15 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did you have the job when you were placed on the tag?

Did you have it when you were stealing fuel?
Generation

7th May 15 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Selling my 50th aniversary r1.

It's yellow and black on a 2006 reg with 10k miles well looked after bike I'm 2nd owner only selling as

I've lost my job and I'm skint.

I can send pics by whattsapp or email.
johnny86
Premium Member

7th May 15 at 05:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I bought the car I had a good job and I don't understand where this stealing fuel is coming from. I've got a job again now just not as well paid.
--ToM--

7th May 15 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What job?
Steve
Premium Member

7th May 15 at 06:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is bordering on lots of muney but no muney
johnny86
Premium Member

7th May 15 at 06:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
What job?

Don't you start haha.

I worked on power stations for scaffolding shutdowns etc now I'm a normal scaffold er
johnny86
Premium Member

7th May 15 at 06:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
This is bordering on lots of muney but no muney

I will never call you a paedophile again.
DaveyLC

7th May 15 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm afraid there has been a terrible accident and we'll now never be able to get to the bottom of this whole charade!

johnny86
Premium Member

7th May 15 at 07:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hahahaha
Ellis

7th May 15 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
Every time you park over a kerb on the pavement to try and keep a small road clear you put weight on the flags those flags eventually crack. Guess what your council pays for that.

I don't use the pavement though. Only the pavement users, like those pesky bus users with their damn shelters, should be paying for the pavement going by the logic presented in this thread.

Steve
Premium Member

7th May 15 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont mean to be rude here, but would someone be so kind as to point the odd one out here because I'm struggling.

a) Parking on a kerb
b) Writing off a car and a bus shelter and leaving the scene
c) Doing 35 in a 30
--ToM--

7th May 15 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My god hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha that pik

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rant 22 database queries in 0.0157962 seconds