corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1.0 Corsa B Daily Driver

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 Corsa B Daily Driver
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Feb 15 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I wired my sub I had to splice the remote wire into the head unit to get it working, don't know if this helps at all just thought I'd mention it
JamesT0708

27th Feb 15 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
When I wired my sub I had to splice the remote wire into the head unit to get it working, don't know if this helps at all just thought I'd mention it

Yeah that's basically what i've done mate. I cut the remote wire coming from the headunit and solder the remote wire from the sub to it, or twist and tape it. It's always worked, I just don't know why it it's stopped all of a sudden
oJNAo
Premium Member

27th Feb 15 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh that sucks, my technical knowledge ends there
JamesT0708

27th Feb 15 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Ahh that sucks, my technical knowledge ends there

I know man, it's so annoying. Yeah I'm like that with most things though, it's just because i've done this a few times I know what i'm doing
JamesT0708

4th Mar 15 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got off my arse to sort the sub out. Used a spare bit of wire from the 12+ power cable to the remote port on the sub and the power came on, so I knew it was the remote wire from the headunit then. Decided to cut into the headunit's accessory power cable and use that to power the sub, does exactly the same thing so the sub only get power when the key's turned to accessory or the ignition's on

Also sold the Cups earlier, made £10 on them which might just cover the cost of collecting them from Leeds in the first place haha. Looking for something with more of a sensible width and a bit more dish for PVS
JamesT0708

6th Mar 15 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a decent update. Was supposed to go and see some BBS RZ wheels today, but a few hours before I bottled it because I fancied something with a bit more dish haha. He gave me a price I couldn't refuse though so I went anyway, and I'm so glad I did. Ended up buying them and they're just what I'm after, right colour and will tuck just how I wanted them to;

And got a quick picture of the front, love the width of them from the front;

Also bought a new rear number plate lens/housing directly from Vauxhall. Only £3 something and gets rid of the horrible yellow colour;

Only downside of the wheels is there's a centre cap missing which I need to get hold of and they don't sell spigot rings from VW to Vauxhall centre bore. It's only a 0.5mm difference, but I'm worried the bolts will come lose haha. A lot of people have suggested electrical tape but I'll figure something out, not paying £50 for custom ones for a 0.5mm difference.

Been a good day all in all

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1.0 Corsa B Daily Driver 23 database queries in 0.0111899 seconds