corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1.0 Corsa B Daily Driver

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 Corsa B Daily Driver
JamesT0708

User status: Offline
17th Feb 15 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New to this site, only just came across it but I've been a member of CBUK for a while. Had an Atlantis Blue B last year which I sold in the summer, but i've regretted it ever since.

So after having a couple of cars after that and getting rid of them weeks after, I decided to just go back to what I loved and get myself another B which I did a few weeks ago. One popped up close to me with 69k miles and so I got it the same week.

First thing I did was fit my sub (which is now up for sale) and removed the bump strips;

Then I bought a debadged grille, flat blade wipers, short aerial, pressed plated, tinted side reps, TA Technix coilovers and a couple of exhaust systems. Got them all fitted over the past few days but the only pictures I have are on my phones. I'll go out and get some better one's tomorrow.

Hoping I'll have it looking good in time for PVS and Trax and I still have a long list to go through. Next on the list is;

-Calibra leathers
-Tinted/MHW rears
-Wheels
-Bodywork and hopefully a badboy bonnet if I can finally get hold of one
-Possibly a full body respray
-Smoothed boot and spoiler
-Smoothed bumpers

That's it for now. Thanks for looking, any comments welcome

[Edited on 17-02-2015 by JamesT0708]
JamesT0708

17th Feb 15 at 03:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this is how she's sitting now;

The only thing i need to sort now is the exhaust rattling. The backbox is knocking one of the hangars when i've driven it for a bit so need to put a bigger rubber mount in to make the gap bigger or just put something in the way to stop it hitting, i'm sure i'll sort it though. There must be an easy fix.
Jason x
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen this on CBUK but don't really go on there much. Looks good and plans sound good as well, silver is probably my favourite colour B
johnny86
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bad boy bonnet and boot with spoiler in star silver for sale
JamesT0708

17th Feb 15 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Seen this on CBUK but don't really go on there much. Looks good and plans sound good as well, silver is probably my favourite colour B

Thanks mate is yours the arden blue with the bb bonnet and black cesaro's? It's so clean now

quote:

How much are you after mate, and where are you?
Jason x
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is yeah
JamesT0708

17th Feb 15 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It is yeah

Coming on nicely that it mate, I think Arden and Atlantis blue are my favourite colour B's. Miss mine so much
Jason x
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first car/B was Atlantis blue as well
oJNAo
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks tidy bud, what alloys you thinking of for it?
JamesT0708

17th Feb 15 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Looks tidy bud, what alloys you thinking of for it?

Thaks man. I'm not sure yet, I love Porsche Teledials but they're really common now so I don't know
RoweY

17th Feb 15 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks clean, Teledials would look nice I reckon mate
JamesT0708

17th Feb 15 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RoweY
Looks clean, Teledials would look nice I reckon mate

I might just say fuck it and get them because the more I look at them the more I want them haha
JamesT0708

17th Feb 15 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went and got the tracking done today, cost me £20 and the wheels are straight but the camber's still out apparently, at least it's negative

Someone's coming to pick my sub up now and then if all's good I'm going to pick up a smaller more powerful one tomorrow as well as a set of calibra leathers and tinted rear lights. Also picking up an impact wrench while i'm there as it's killing me having to work on my car without one, they make everything 10x easier.
johnny86
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JamesT0708
quote:

Thanks mate is yours the arden blue with the bb bonnet and black cesaro's? It's so clean now

quote:

160 all in and im kent mate
JamesT0708

17th Feb 15 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
quote:
Originally posted by JamesT0708
quote:

quote:

160 all in and im kent mate

That's 150 odd miles for me mate
johnny86
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going up to Washington in 4 weeks if any good?
JamesT0708

17th Feb 15 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
I'm going up to Washington in 4 weeks if any good?

That's just as far mate haha, i'm in Tamworth, West Midlands
JamesT0708

18th Feb 15 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from picking my Cab leathers up and also got a pair of tinted rear lights. Went to pick my sub up earlier too and hooked it up when I got home. For some strange reason it won't work with my wiring but will with my mates. That means my wiring's gone dodgy in the space of less than a day from when I took my other one out yesterday and when I came to fit the new one today. I honestly don't know what could have happened as I replaced both fuses and still got nothing.

Gonna have to order and new wiring kit tonight to hopefully get it sorted before I go back to uni on Sunday, and I'll hopefully get the other stuff fitted tomorrow.
JamesT0708

21st Feb 15 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few bits up for sale on eBay, take a look if you want. Next on the list is to get my sub wired up again and wheels

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231485672767?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
JamesT0708

24th Feb 15 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to pick up my new wheels tomorrow, a 4 hour round trip to Leeds and back but look well worth it. Been looking for a set in this colour for ages
Jason x
Premium Member

24th Feb 15 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What wheels you getting?
oJNAo
Premium Member

24th Feb 15 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get Teledials in the end?
JamesT0708

25th Feb 15 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here they are, they're ATS Cups in Anthracite. Picked them up yesterday and went out to get them fitted today. I was told they were 7j all round and the offset was around 30 but I disagree, they're so tight haha. They're scrubbing like mad at the back and the fronts pretty close, so I'm gonna have to get it higher or roll my arches, kind of gutted they don't tuck like I wanted though

Picture from the advert;

JamesT0708

25th Feb 15 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know the best way to roll your arches from experience without the actual tool that attaches to the hub. I've had a few ideas just want to see which one's best. Think i'll just put the adjusters back in to stop it scrubbing in the meantime
JamesT0708

27th Feb 15 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I had a good go at rolling the arches earlier, and they did go, just no-where near enough as I needed them to. Eventually came to the sad conclusion that i'll just never get it sitting how I want with the cups, so they'll be back up for sale soon gonna look for something a little less wide. Also re-wired my sub with my new wiring kit that arrived the other day, got it all hooked up and still nothing. The power and the ground are both working as I got plenty of sparks when they were in contact, which just leaves the remote. It's definitely not the remote wire, so through process of elimination it has to be the remote wire coming from my headunit, which means a new headunit or a new wiring harness.

It's been a pretty dreadful day tbh, I've got a lot done but none of it has ended how I planned haha.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1.0 Corsa B Daily Driver 23 database queries in 0.1914458 seconds