corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Diesel conversions


New Topic

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author Diesel conversions
STEvieXE
Member

Registered: 21st Jan 03
Location: Ballymena N.I.
User status: Offline
8th Feb 15 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, are there any corsa b out there with the astra h cdti 150 bhp engine fitted? I've saw C s with this done but no b s?
Crana
Member

Registered: 20th Jan 09
Location: Newcastle
User status: Offline
8th Feb 15 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote










[Edited on 08-02-2015 by Crana]
STEvieXE
Member

Registered: 21st Jan 03
Location: Ballymena N.I.
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, any build threads?
Jed D
Member

Registered: 15th Mar 11
Location: Durham
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice conversion that, seen pics on fb, hats off to the boyos at RTP... wouldnt like to be the one doing the wiring for it myself

still much prefer the 1.7dti though, we haven't even scratched the surface of what can be done with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fldm5DXcBKI

pow
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 11th Sep 06
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jed D
Member

Registered: 15th Mar 11
Location: Durham
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that C your on about silver STEvieXE?
its from around Scarborough i think, quite quick with a map on etc...
tom130691
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 13th Sep 08
Location: Daventry
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rapid and many fuel economies like it
corsajay88
Member

Registered: 22nd Aug 11
Location: Upton, Cheshire
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crana









[Edited on 08-02-2015 by Crana]


That was at Opel treffen last year.
STEvieXE
Member

Registered: 21st Jan 03
Location: Ballymena N.I.
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant rem Jed, think there was a couple but wasn't paying much attention as it was b s I was searching for
STEvieXE
Member

Registered: 21st Jan 03
Location: Ballymena N.I.
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That blue ones pretty impressive!
Corsa_Sport21
Member

Registered: 13th Apr 08
Location: Leven, Fife. Drives : 205 GTi
User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
nice conversion that, seen pics on fb, hats off to the boyos at RTP... wouldnt like to be the one doing the wiring for it myself

still much prefer the 1.7dti though, we haven't even scratched the surface of what can be done with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fldm5DXcBKI




I'm guessing that's a 1 off though with mega money thrown at it?

That car aside, why do you prefer the 1.7dti?
Jed D
Member

Registered: 15th Mar 11
Location: Durham
User status: Offline
11th Feb 15 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
nice conversion that, seen pics on fb, hats off to the boyos at RTP... wouldnt like to be the one doing the wiring for it myself

still much prefer the 1.7dti though, we haven't even scratched the surface of what can be done with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fldm5DXcBKI




I'm guessing that's a 1 off though with mega money thrown at it?

That car aside, why do you prefer the 1.7dti?


no, that was one of a few that the Portuguese brought over to usc iirc, and from what he was trying to tell people, its standard internals, dti, boost wound up, management and a shitload of nitrous i think, not 100% sure...
fucking impressive for a diesel, diesel internals are much stronger as standard than petrol and it'll be lighter as a whole than mine no doubt
personally iv found the 1.7dti's more reliable than the 1.9cdti's, my current 1.9cdti (120) is behaving itself though, touch wood

(no disrespect to the above 1.9 conversion cos that things pretty awesome)

[Edited on 11-02-2015 by Jed D]
Jed D
Member

Registered: 15th Mar 11
Location: Durham
User status: Offline
11th Feb 15 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit off topic but check out the seat too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntcgko_UKFw
Corsa_Sport21
Member

Registered: 13th Apr 08
Location: Leven, Fife. Drives : 205 GTi
User status: Offline
11th Feb 15 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the 1.7dtis not bad for shitting ecu's and fuel pumps?
Jed D
Member

Registered: 15th Mar 11
Location: Durham
User status: Offline
11th Feb 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never had a bother but then again never owned one for long, alternators tend to pack up though... guessing those will probably have uprated pumps and management though, we haven't even scraped the surface of whats achieveable out of them over here

[Edited on 11-02-2015 by Jed D]
Corsa_Sport21
Member

Registered: 13th Apr 08
Location: Leven, Fife. Drives : 205 GTi
User status: Offline
11th Feb 15 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That can be said about quite a lot of engines though, diesel or petrol. Most folk over here just aren't interested in spending the big bucks on things that aren't tried and tested.
carl roper
Member

Registered: 17th May 09
Location: Newport Shropshire
User status: Offline
11th Feb 15 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the solder joints in the edu that go dry and break. Nice easy simple fix. I was going to use a 1.7dti as a base but couldn't find anyone in the uk interested. For example I emailed a few companies about uprated injectors for them but got no response. There too busy with the 1.9cdti as there more frequently tuned
Warren G
Member

Registered: 14th May 06
Location: Kent
User status: Offline
15th Feb 15 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is only one corsa c on the road them Im aware of with the 1.9 CDTi in
Nic Barnes
Member

Registered: 5th Apr 04
Location: nowhere near ginger people
User status: Offline
16th Feb 15 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
nice conversion that, seen pics on fb, hats off to the boyos at RTP... wouldnt like to be the one doing the wiring for it myself

still much prefer the 1.7dti though, we haven't even scratched the surface of what can be done with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fldm5DXcBKI




I'm guessing that's a 1 off though with mega money thrown at it?

That car aside, why do you prefer the 1.7dti?


no, that was one of a few that the Portuguese brought over to usc iirc, and from what he was trying to tell people, its standard internals, dti, boost wound up, management and a shitload of nitrous i think, not 100% sure...
fucking impressive for a diesel, diesel internals are much stronger as standard than petrol and it'll be lighter as a whole than mine no doubt
personally iv found the 1.7dti's more reliable than the 1.9cdti's, my current 1.9cdti (120) is behaving itself though, touch wood

(no disrespect to the above 1.9 conversion cos that things pretty awesome)

[Edited on 11-02-2015 by Jed D]
not sure management works on diesels tbh
Jed D
Member

Registered: 15th Mar 11
Location: Durham
User status: Offline
16th Feb 15 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
nice conversion that, seen pics on fb, hats off to the boyos at RTP... wouldnt like to be the one doing the wiring for it myself

still much prefer the 1.7dti though, we haven't even scratched the surface of what can be done with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fldm5DXcBKI




I'm guessing that's a 1 off though with mega money thrown at it?

That car aside, why do you prefer the 1.7dti?


no, that was one of a few that the Portuguese brought over to usc iirc, and from what he was trying to tell people, its standard internals, dti, boost wound up, management and a shitload of nitrous i think, not 100% sure...
fucking impressive for a diesel, diesel internals are much stronger as standard than petrol and it'll be lighter as a whole than mine no doubt
personally iv found the 1.7dti's more reliable than the 1.9cdti's, my current 1.9cdti (120) is behaving itself though, touch wood

(no disrespect to the above 1.9 conversion cos that things pretty awesome)

[Edited on 11-02-2015 by Jed D]
not sure management works on diesels tbh


no idea, not something iv ever looked into, whatever them crazy Portuguese are upto with the dti engine, its working well

am i rite in thinking the dti is a twin cam engine, or there is a 1.7 diesel engine found in a vaux that everyone misleads as a sohc when its in fact a double...?
i know theres a few varieties of 1.7 diesels, 1.7 cdti's seem to be nothing but bother
carl roper
Member

Registered: 17th May 09
Location: Newport Shropshire
User status: Offline
17th Feb 15 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's the 1.7 sohc isuzu lump with Bosch ve pump, a 1.7dti which is a dohc isuzu lump with direct injection pump then there's the 1.7cdti again dohc using an isuzu lump with common rail injection.
Vauxhall did make a pathetic 1.7 sohc found in late mk3/early mk4 Astras
Jed D
Member

Registered: 15th Mar 11
Location: Durham
User status: Offline
17th Feb 15 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome

so what about the 1.7 DI found in a lot of combo vans, i know its still turbo but it doesnt run an intercooler, is it just the same as the dti

its the dti i think their using on that nova
gazza808
Member

Registered: 30th Jun 08
Location: Peterborough
User status: Offline
17th Feb 15 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can get standalone management for diesels, just not massively common.
Robin
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 7th Jan 04
Location: Northants Drives: Clio 182 Cup
User status: Offline
17th Feb 15 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's mega money too
carl roper
Member

Registered: 17th May 09
Location: Newport Shropshire
User status: Offline
17th Feb 15 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The di is the same as a dti just minus the intercooler as far as I'm aware. Nobody has reached the limits of the bosch ve pump yet as far as I'm aware. It only seems to be the peugot 306 people who push them. All vauxhall people do is remove the white ring and turn the fuel screw up and think that's all there is to it

  <<  1    2  >>
New Topic

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Diesel conversions 22 database queries in 0.0160561 seconds