corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear Shock Bolt Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Shock Bolt Problem
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Feb 15 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to remove the rear shocks on my b and even though I'm holding the strut with mole grips I can't undo the bolt.

I don't intend to use the shocks after hopefully so could I just grind the top of the strut right to the bolt to get it off?

On my phone so can't get the bb code but: http://flic.kr/p/r2XoTf
corsa-torque

6th Feb 15 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grinding it off is a bit cowboy, but would work.

Can you not get somewhere that has access to an airgun? I've never come across one that was mega tight
andy_mk3

6th Feb 15 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get your grips on the shaft of the shock, should be able to get a tighter grip plus you can get a socket on the nut.
oJNAo
Premium Member

6th Feb 15 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ended up with a mate holding the shaft tight with two very tight mole grips while I undid the bolt.

Took a bit of welly and loads of WD40 to get off though!

Need to tighten the same bolt again really tight like it was before I removed the old shocks as there's knocking when I drive the car.

[Edited on 06-02-2015 by oJNAo]
johnny86
Premium Member

6th Feb 15 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knocking could be exhaust on axle
oJNAo
Premium Member

6th Feb 15 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Knocking could be exhaust on axle

I did think that when I gave it a little test around after, was too dark too get under and check.

Quickest way to fix it? Just give it a couple knocks with a rubber hammer so that the exhaust is out of the way?
random dav
Premium Member

7th Feb 15 at 06:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shorter exhaust rubbers, or poly mounts. Also put some rubber or similar on the rear beam to pad it.

WRLFC !

Project cars

New Poll