corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » could of all gone so horribly wrong...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author could of all gone so horribly wrong...
Davido

User status: Offline
10th Apr 05 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took my car to mates garage this morning just to make sure all suspension was still okay after me n crazy boy fitted it mon

everything was fine till we checked drivers rear strut to find there was a bit of play as the bolt holding strut to axle with the nyloc bolt on had been damaged and bolt was just turning anyway we got it half tight n my mate said your gona have to sort this 2mr at the latest so i said yeah no probs will get new bolt n nut n put it on first things sun morning...... jobs a good one so i drive of to take ym suit to get dry cleaned on way up road really heavy knocking n slight wobble coming from rear turn car round drive back down the road to garage doing 10 miles per hour thinking any min my car was gona collapse or somit got it back to garage safely back over pit to find the bolt had somehow now started working its way loose wheels immediately off put new spanking new nut on air gun tight now its all dandy

wouldnt of fancied it coming of on motorway tho

essay over
leeshez

10th Apr 05 at 03:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L33 LEG
Banned

10th Apr 05 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bolt for my rear shock fell off last july,i have been driving it since then, never bothered me. was jst a bit twitchy round bends but was fun
Adam_B

10th Apr 05 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember when we took it out afterwards dave and we turned onto the country lane and there was a loud creaking noise? i said to you does it normally make that noise, you said 'its just the newness waring off'

it was obviously just the back of the car about to collapse

R Lee

10th Apr 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L33 LEG
the bolt for my rear shock fell off last july,i have been driving it since then, never bothered me. was jst a bit twitchy round bends but was fun

the bolt actually fell off? as in you didn't have a bolt to hold the shock on?
L33 LEG
Banned

10th Apr 05 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee
quote:
Originally posted by L33 LEG

the bolt actually fell off? as in you didn't have a bolt to hold the shock on?

well there is a bolt at the top of the shock and a bolt or sumfin at the bottom. well it was the top one that came off. after 4 months i put a new one on but it fell off again straight away. put it this way, if somebody ever nicked my car they wud crash on the first bend, it was very twitchy
Davido

10th Apr 05 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
remember when we took it out afterwards dave and we turned onto the country lane and there was a loud creaking noise? i said to you does it normally make that noise, you said 'its just the newness waring off'

it was obviously just the back of the car about to collapse

R Lee

10th Apr 05 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just did my rears today. wooooo
after reading the 2 dodgy experiences in this thread, i tightened the nuts and bolts more
Mo

10th Apr 05 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RL i just looked in your garage, the valvers looking good
Adam_B

10th Apr 05 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee
i just did my rears today. wooooo
after reading the 2 dodgy experiences in this thread, i tightened the nuts and bolts more

you put new exhaust on yet?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » could of all gone so horribly wrong... 23 database queries in 0.0153198 seconds