corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My New House Thread - First Time Buyer

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My New House Thread - First Time Buyer
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 15 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, my wife and I finally put a deposit down on our first house. We have been renting for the last few years since I left the RAF so we are really excited.

We have gone for a new-build Redrow. Due for completion end of May, beginning of June

Currently looks like this

[Edited on 01-02-2015 by Ste]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ben G

1st Feb 15 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Ste have you got an image of the finished look?
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 15 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats laaaaaa
Ste
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a Redrow 'Cambridge'. Lot's of images on google of the interior etc but here is one similar. Mine is handed the other way so door and garage on the left and my garage is set back 6 foot from the house leaving room for 3 cars on the drive

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went in at first wanting the ceramics in the downstairs toilet, kitchen/diner and utility room as well as the main bathroom and en suite. I also wanted the alarm as i didn't want to do it after and see loads of wires, they agreed right away on it on the condition we signed for it Friday, we had a look on another development and then went back to redrow and told them if it didn't have all the carpets too we wouldn't have it as the other house did. The other one wasn't as big as it had a built in garage but it was the last house so had all the flooring.

Cut a long story short, we got it with everything we wanted and the mortgage came in at 1.84%

Ste
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a Cambridge but ours has the rendered frontage and light green door and garage.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-43509667.html

Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 15 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the one on the way back from Lunts?
Ste
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, looked there but same house was 30k more, it is just past where we had our wedding reception.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quality.

how much? theres a new redrow estate getting built near me
Ste
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£285k

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pocket change
Ste
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All we could afford as the mortgage is only based on my salary as my wife was made redundant when she went off on maternity leave 6 months ago

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im taking the piss.

more than twice the price of mine
Haimsey
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats. Looks a nice property.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Leighton

2nd Feb 15 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, I was looking at one of them or the Oxford, i went for an old house though as got more for less cash cash.
When is it going to be completed?
Chris x

2nd Feb 15 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
Nice, I was looking at one of them or the Oxford, i went for an old house though as got more for less cash cash.
Due for completion end of May, beginning of June
Chris x

2nd Feb 15 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good! Exciting times!
DaveyLC

2nd Feb 15 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
£285k

Where is the house? That's a billy-bargain for a house that size! Round here that would be a around £500k
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Feb 15 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Ste
£285k

Where is the house? That's a billy-bargain for a house that size! Round here that would be a around £500k

Oop North!

Ste
Premium Member

2nd Feb 15 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton

The way the mortgage works out we could either have a £285k new build or £191 old house. The older ones at that price needed work doing to them, this doesn't really, so was a no brainer for us.

We wanted to move for better schools etc, and our daughter Caitlin who is 6 will be moving school in 6 weeks when a place opens up for her.

Andrew

2nd Feb 15 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Ste!

We couldn't afford another new build when getting our house but I wish we could. Always finding someone else bodge jobs in this house.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Feb 15 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done Ste. Keep going back and post up pics as the build progresses!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ste
Premium Member

5th Feb 15 at 05:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roof tiles went on today. Picture is a bit dark as I took it from inside the car whilst driving in the shadow of another house, but the roof is lit nicely.

sc0ott

6th Feb 15 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ the house next door looks a bit too close
Ben G

6th Feb 15 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too bad really. Enough for a side entrance and enough space not to hear any arguments or televisions

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll