corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » running a house

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author running a house
Liam-Wilko

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay all me and my missus have been looking into ether renting or buying a house this will be our first and looking along the lines of a 2-3 bedroom house and looked at a few 4 bedroom houses due to house sizes round my area ar good and prices are good as well.

more to the point i what to know an avrage running cost as i really dont have a clue i understand that it will cost more during winter months than summer i really could do with some advice both me and my missus are working with a nice steady wage but we do still want to have money left over to ether save or go out the ususal if you know what i mean

thanks for any help any one can give
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending how much your mortgage is per month make a huge difference.

We put £500 each in the joint account at start of month and that covers everything.

Mortgage, Insurance, Water, Gas, Electric, TV licence, Council tax, Phone, Broadband, Sky, Food, Home insurance.

We've done this for past 16months and its covered everything fine for bills.

Factor in money for all the things you need for other things cars, mobile, gym etc.

I've a break down of everything we've spent every month if you want a bit more info.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
John

15th Feb 12 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We started off with £750 a month each in the house account, it's now up to £950, there's always something else needing bought.

That's house stuff only.
BYRON

15th Feb 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was putting 1250 in at the height and the misses 880 but that covered everything including car loan, phone bills, fuel, food etc. literally - what we didn't put in was purely ours to waste
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost 2k a month! Jesus john how pimp is your house!

John

15th Feb 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that pimp, just ended up that way, more than I had budgeted for anyway.

I don't really scrimp either, we eat fairly well, could probably cut loads off the food bill.
craig8
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put 1500 a month between us in the joint account which covers all bills, shopping and leaves a bit of savings building up each month

E36 328
Ryan

15th Feb 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is a 2 bed detached and everything comes to about £1100 a month, i always make sure i put about £1400 in house account though incase of any unexpected bills.
Dan
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1200 ish a month.

Mortgage is 500. We dont skimp on anything, so could cut it quite alot if needs be

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Russ

15th Feb 12 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont buy a house. Rent for 6 months to see if you can tolerate the state she will leave bathroom.
WATSON

15th Feb 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much do you make a month if you dont mind me asking?
Ben G

16th Feb 12 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

water is 13
gas 38
electric 41
council tax 116
tv license 12

thats the basic stuff, 2 bed semi with dishwasher, tumble dryer but no bath.

then you have stuff like sky, phone contracts and obviously the mortgage/rent.

our outgoing direct debits come to 1400 a month then you have to add on food shopping which i spend approx 100 per week on but thats different for everyone.

its not as bad as everyone makes it but you have to keep an eye on your money to make sure the basics are paid for
Liam-Wilko

16th Feb 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
how much do you make a month if you dont mind me asking?

i get after tax £1500 a month but depending what job im doing as i work in a tax office i get a bit more maybe a bit less but my pay never realy gose below £1250 and the missus makes about £1200 each month with posible commision but flat wage for me is £1500 and £1200 for my missus.

thanks everyone for the advice im checking my options and all advice is grate full as i dont have a clue i know that if we go for the house we looking at now i will need a deposit of £20,000 or something like that but that includes fees ext ext thats just on what i have worked out i havnt actualy checked with a morgage lender yet
Liam-Wilko

16th Feb 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32343898.html?premiumA=true

hear is one of the homes we have been looking at what do people think pros and cons would you say
stuartmitchell

16th Feb 12 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice that mate!

The Mrs and I put in £600 each per month to a joint account that pays for everything.

Mortage is £525 per month and we borrowed £118000

Hope that helps!
Liam-Wilko

16th Feb 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate ya ever bit of info i get is helping us out loads aspecialy makind a desision
whitter45

16th Feb 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32343898.html?premiumA=true

hear is one of the homes we have been looking at what do people think pros and cons would you say

looks excellent - first time buyer or do you have property already

First time buyer you will probably miss out on stamp duty exemption as they are removing it from 25th March

[Edited on 16-02-2012 by whitter45]
Liam-Wilko

16th Feb 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first time buyer mate lol im 22 and still ant got my own home i feel like a bit kid haha
Russ

16th Feb 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 20k deposit wont even dent that bad boy.
Ben G

16th Feb 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10% deposit will be £21500 on that house.

then you'll need to pay stamp duty as the government are stopping the free for FTB deal.

solicitors fees and survey and other bits will be probably 1-2k on top aswell.

[Edited on 16-02-2012 by Ben G]
stuartmitchell

16th Feb 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May is the cut off for the free stamp duty on property under 250 K IIRC mate. Pain in the tits stamp duty. Paying 10K just for the priv of moving house. Government should be paying us lol
whitter45

16th Feb 12 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
May is the cut off for the free stamp duty on property under 250 K IIRC mate. Pain in the tits stamp duty. Paying 10K just for the priv of moving house. Government should be paying us lol

No mate it's the 25th march check hrmc website

I know this as first time buyers are buyingmy house and that's the deadline they have set me to move out lol
Liam-Wilko

17th Feb 12 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads im really intesed in this house going to view it tomorrow and the owner said they willing to move on there price as they are due to move soon so im going to see if i can push them on the price and get it down abit but keeping my options open

this might sound stupid but i am right in saying your morgage dose not cover the deposit ext you got to pay that out your own pocket?
John

17th Feb 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got 25k saved up and ready? You'll need around that just to get in the house before furnishing it or buying anything else.
Liam-Wilko

17th Feb 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we got quite a bit saved up but iv just looked on the internet and i prob wont be able to get the morgage of that value anyway because there is borrowing limits isnt there

iv just used a calculation and based on paying around £25k ext and the monthly repayments worked out to be £750 or summthing so i would pay £850 off eatch month extra £100 and with the missus wage as well we could afford to have the morgage but dont know if we would get it :@

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll