corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » advice about clearing out k-seal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice about clearing out k-seal
burncdm

User status: Offline
   28th Jan 15 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all was just wondering I bought a 2002 corsa c 1.0 12v . Which needed work done on it the timing chain had gone so the whole top half of the engine was stripped down to the top of the head luckily the only damage was the inlet valves were bent so got new ones and got a whole new timing chain kit that cam with a new water pump and head gasket so we got the whole thing back together again and then we found the the water system was bunged with k seal .. this is where I need advice the engine when running is not cutting out but there is no eccelortation most of the time . Where the water goes though the engine there has been about 4 flushes done on it and has cleared a bit but still not great so got another heater matrix so am going to replace that also was going to replace the radiator in case there is still more k seal that might find its way to the other heater matrix and block it up the corsa has air conditioning any advice is greatfull

[Edited on 28-01-2015 by burncdm]
random dav
Premium Member

28th Jan 15 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have heard of people crushing a dishwasher tablet and putting it in the coolant tank and running the car for a few hundred miles,then flush it out.

WRLFC !

Project cars
burncdm

28th Jan 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got another heater matrix and got another radiator so they are going to be replaced . I'm really asking now how many pipes and maybe breathers I would have to clear out before I put the other heater matrix and radiator in
Thanks
Dee25790

29th Jan 15 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put rad flush in whilst on the old system get as much sh*te out as you can then put whatever your replacing on the system on.

New Poll