corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Squeaky Jamex Suspension (Help Please)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Squeaky Jamex Suspension (Help Please)
moka

User status: Offline
8th Jun 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys

In need of a bit of advice...

I have asked this question before on here but i feel i didnt explain it well enough so here goes...

Me and a mate fitted -60mm Jamex springs and shocks to my Corsa B 1.4 Sport (97) last week and ever since i have heard extremely annoying rubber squeeky noises coming from the back present at low speeds (2-25mph). They are constant no matter how smooth or rough the road.

I can also hear the exhaust rattling sometimes but im not too bothered about that.

Also the front catches/scrubs on most things especially when going round a roundabout. I have been told i might not have the correct wheels for a corsa. I have Team Dynamic - Motorsport 15 inch wheels with 195 45 15 tyres.

The rear also sometimes looks lower than other times and im not changing the rear load?

My mate is on his way round later to help me 'refit' the rear suspension, was just after some tips on what to look for. Should i grease anything? What grease should i use (i have wd40, silicone grease & wheel bearing grease).

Advise please i need to get rid of this sound!

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by moka]
Mase
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found with my gmax kit that the rubber at the bottom of the shocker was too large for the axle fitting, which was dry and caused the squeeking. I was just going to grease the area and allow it to move more freely but never got round to it.....

Mase
Fonz
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1
moka

8th Jun 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok we have just taken the rear suspension off and greased the rubber using a silcone based spray... This did nothing.

We then took it back off and used a metal sleeve from my mates suspension on one of the shocks and it made a little bit of difference.

I took it to a garage and they said it might be the tyre thats rubbing... so i got 3mm spacers and fit them to the back... still the same.

Really need some help here guys.
moka

8th Jun 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could it be the shocks themselves when they are compressing and releasing slighty when the car is moving at a slow speed? If so... wtf?
moka

8th Jun 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of oil could i use to lube the springs and spring mounts up with? Im sure WD40 will be no good.
DaveyLC

8th Jun 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some teflon or silicone grease.
moka

8th Jun 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sprayed the fuck outta the springs (top and bottom) and its done nothing. What can i do?
moka

9th Jun 09 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to keep asking but can anyone give us a few tips / things to try... im running out of ideas.

If anyone can remember, on there jamex rear shocks did they have a metal sleeve that goes over the main bolt? Then when you bolt the shock in at the top it stops when it hits the metal sleeve?
DaveyLC

9th Jun 09 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wont be the springs squeeking, it will be the bushes in the bottom of the shocks or on the rear beam. Also if you've got a 16v with a brake bias valve its worth giving that a lube up too.
moka

9th Jun 09 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
It wont be the springs squeeking, it will be the bushes in the bottom of the shocks or on the rear beam.

Ill be taking them off again sometime this week so ill take another look.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Also if you've got a 16v with a brake bias valve its worth giving that a lube up too.

Thats not a bad shout, is this not determined by how much weight is in the back? I stripped the back out at the same time as lowering the car so the rear of the car has nothing in it... Just got to find out where this valve is now and ill give that a try - thanks.
DaveyLC

9th Jun 09 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should adjust it now you've lowered the car because it will be putting loads of braking force to the rear as it will think the back end is loaded up.
moka

9th Jun 09 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you be kind enough in letting me know where abouts the valve is, its raining outside dont really want to get wet finding out

Pic, tutorial, anything just to give me a headstart.

Thanks for your advice so far.
DaveyLC

9th Jun 09 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If youve got one it will have brake lines going into it and will be attached to the rear beam by a spring.. You cant miss it
Terry12

9th Jun 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably no use to you but I thought my rear shocks were squeeking. I actually found out my N/S rear light was squeeking, The rubber seal had dried out and rubbing on the body.
I removed it and used silicone spray on the seal which seems to have stopped the problem now.

moka

9th Jun 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
Probably no use to you but I thought my rear shocks were squeeking. I actually found out my N/S rear light was squeeking, The rubber seal had dried out and rubbing on the body.
I removed it and used silicone spray on the seal which seems to have stopped the problem now.

Its not my rear lights mate, thanks anyway.

Anyone got anymore advice?
moka

10th Jun 09 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took it to a garage last night on way home from work... They couldnt find anything wrong with it and thought it was a bit weird. They said it might need wearing in but im sure they said that because they had no other ideas.

I think i know what it might be. But im still a bit stuck.

Bascially when we took it off to refit itmy mate said to me it doesnt have a metal sleeve going over the main bolt on the shock (sorry im so vague). This sleeve actually stops the top bolt once it hits it when u tighten it. So we got one from his suspension to test it... this done the job on one side (i think).

I didnt get these sleeves with my set (or i dont think i did, if i did i must of lost them).

I have 2 questions i hope someone can answer -

1. Do the Jamex springs and shocks set come with these sleeves? (they are only small and fit inside one of the bits of rubber).
2. Where can i get a replacement?

Please can someone try and remember when they were fitting there jamex kit if it come with one of these sleeves.

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by moka]
gez bay

10th Jun 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates jamex squeek like hell from the back aswel
moka

10th Jun 09 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez c16b
my mates jamex squeek like hell from the back aswel

Hmm, just shit shocks then? Thats a bit annoying. Couldnt ask your mate if he got them metal sleeves im on about could you? Struggling to find someone with a jamex kit that can help
gez bay

10th Jun 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i can ask,
gez bay

10th Jun 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah, my u2u's dont work at the moment for some reason u2u geth_16vsport
gez bay

10th Jun 09 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moka: my u2u's dont work, i cant read them
moka

10th Jun 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate no probs just reply to this thread.

Can anyone else help?

If i find out its the shock itself thats causing the squeaking - what sort of warranty do i have?

I bought the item from ebay off a seller called performance3000
markx14xe

10th Jun 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gmax springs are the same thats why i put my subs in the car or be deafend by my exhaust with the window down lol or it would drive me mad
moka

10th Jun 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by markx14xe
my gmax springs are the same thats why i put my subs in the car or be deafend by my exhaust with the window down lol or it would drive me mad

Springs? or springs and shocks?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Squeaky Jamex Suspension (Help Please) 23 database queries in 0.2686470 seconds