corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cat D

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cat D
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jan 15 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there will have been more than just door damage, not many cars worth >£2000 I would say would be written off even if needed a whole new door.

[Edited on 30-01-2015 by Steve]
DaveyLC

30th Jan 15 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pro8186
It is recorded as a cat c, her husband got it wrong. Saw v5c form last night (substantinal damage, repaired in 2009) (pass) at vic centre. So what your sayin ian, the damage must of been really bad to the door. Women has drove this car since 2011 with no problems, shes said i can have for 3700. Seems alot of car for the money, what you reckon folks ?

You do the math: How much was the car worth at the time, you can assume the damage would have been more than half the value of the car...

pro8186

30th Jan 15 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The door pillow looks as if its been resprayed, also the roof on drivers side, been repaired good by looks of things. Seems a bargain for the milage and condition. You wouldnt see repair if wasnt told apart from flat spots in paint job on pillar.

[Edited on 30-01-2015 by pro8186]
DaveyLC

30th Jan 15 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It probably had some pretty serious damage to the B-Pillar and roof then.. If the repairs look good and the price is well below that of an comparable un-recorded car then go for it
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Jan 15 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It is recorded as a cat c, her husband got it wrong. Saw v5c form last night (substantinal damage, repaired in 2009) (pass) at vic centre. So what your sayin ian, the damage must of been really bad to the door. Women has drove this car since 2011 with no problems, shes said i can have for 3700. Seems alot of car for the money, what you reckon folks ?

I'm guessing but that's not one door.

Even at BMW prices, supply and fit a door isn't half the value of a 2 year old one.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jan 15 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
shes said i can have for 3700 - what you reckon folks ?

If you're happy with it then ask her when she wants her 3500.
DaveyLC

30th Jan 15 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

I'm guessing but that's not one door.

Even at BMW prices, supply and fit a door isn't half the value of a 2 year old one.

One front-door, one rear-door, one sill, one b-pillar
taylorboosh

30th Jan 15 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
shes said i can have for 3700 - what you reckon folks ?

If you're happy with it then ask her when she wants her 3500.

Was going to say the same - if your happy just buy it
pro8186

30th Jan 15 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shes already come down from 3950, the husband was abit pissed off bcus i done a hpi check, he goes "we told you all that last night" lmao picking it up tomorrow.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jan 15 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he does like you having done the HPi, how did he react to you taking the ash tray apart
baza31

30th Jan 15 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask his mrs for a blowie to put the cherry on top . To be fair seems cheap at that . Not like your going to lose mega bucks r u
pro8186

30th Jan 15 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If he does like you having done the HPi, how did he react to you taking the ash tray apart

when I went round earlier I started the car and revved it up, the women fucking jumped in front of the car haha must of thought I was going to fuck off lol
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 15 at 03:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're having a nightmare selling that thing

I dearly hope you stole it and left them 3300.
pro8186

31st Jan 15 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
They're having a nightmare selling that thing

I dearly hope you stole it and left them 3300. [/quote

Gone with gut instinct and changed my mind, starting to look at the astras. Need a decent size car, prefabably a diesel. Any suggestions on decent motors ?
Corsa_Sport21

31st Jan 15 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any chance you could end up with a rusty Corsa B?
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pro8186

31st Jan 15 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Is there any chance you could end up with a rusty Corsa B?

Trying too flog a B myself mate.
Breathecosse

31st Jan 15 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is an ex BMW lease car it could have been something as minor a couple of doors damage.
3 years hire charges on a vehicle like this plus what they would get as salvage could quite easily make it a total loss.
pro8186

31st Jan 15 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if something looks too good to be true, it usually is a cat c/d. Most adverts ive come across tonight have made me come to this conclusion. The worrying thing is most sellers come with this old chesnut "its been for a vic check and passed" errmmm that dont mean shit, because they dont actually inspect the quality of the repair. I suppose there are decent cat c/d motors out there that have actually been repaired to an high standard but i just aint brave enough to take the gamble. So for that reason, IM OUT.

[Edited on 31-01-2015 by pro8186]

Corsa_Sport21

1st Feb 15 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was looking for a Lexus I came across 1 that was a previous write off. The seller was adamant that because it had had it's VIC, the write off status had legally been removed. Erm no. It hadn't been repaired to factory standard either as it had a pre-face and facelift headlight fitted. Wasn't even priced accordingly.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"repaired to high standard" is as subjective as people's definitions of "mint"
pro8186

1st Feb 15 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
When I was looking for a Lexus I came across 1 that was a previous write off. The seller was adamant that because it had had it's VIC, the write off status had legally been removed. Erm no. It hadn't been repaired to factory standard either as it had a pre-face and facelift headlight fitted. Wasn't even priced accordingly.

All they do at a vic centre is check paper work of motor tallys up to chassis/engine numbers im led to believe. Its up to buyer to arrange a trained technician from either AA/RAC to inspect car is safe/road legal for a sale for a fee, £85 i think.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cat D 22 database queries in 0.1027670 seconds