corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC audio problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC audio problem
A1EX

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 14 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting horrible static and crackling over audio when the PC is connected via the graphics card hdmi port to the tv, tried using a different cable makes no difference, but there are no problems when using a speaker or headphones out of the front or back connections. Also it doesn't happen all of the time, sometimes clears up and happens a lot on games. Any ideas?
Bart

22nd Dec 14 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you running the HDMI cable near anything other cables, power cables, mobile phone cables etc?

Have you tried a HDMI cable with a Ferrite Core, might be worth a punt for a couple of quid.
Gsi_Ire

23rd Dec 14 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried to reseat the graphics card?
Updated to latests drivers (if its only effecting certain vids/games)?
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Dec 14 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Are you running the HDMI cable near anything other cables, power cables, mobile phone cables etc?
What's a mobile phone cable?

Either way, never experienced (or even heard about) static over HDMI. Never heard of HDMI being affected by power cables etc. either. Not sure if it's even possible.

Quick Google search for "hdmi sound static" reveals that it's almost solely a PC problem an solved by a software fix.

Make sure your drivers and settings are correct. Try googling your specific graphics card.

Curious, when you say headphones sound fine, are you plugging them into the PC or the TV?

A1EX

23rd Dec 14 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cable isn't running near to any other cables, both cards are seated correctly, and iv recently downloaded the latest drivers. It seems to be doing it on most things from movies to music. Headphones and independent speakers are plugged in to the PC via either the back ports or the front.
The graphics cards are two AMD Radeon 7900's and I'm using the hdmi out from the top card the second card is only used when necessary.
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Dec 14 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, can't offer more help. Only thing Google shows is that you're not the first to experience this. Seen a few comments regarding grounding issues, but the fix seems to always be software/driver based.

I'd get in touch with the dealer/manufacturer and see what they say.

Gsi_Ire

23rd Dec 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
The cable isn't running near to any other cables, both cards are seated correctly, and iv recently downloaded the latest drivers. It seems to be doing it on most things from movies to music. Headphones and independent speakers are plugged in to the PC via either the back ports or the front.
The graphics cards are two AMD Radeon 7900's and I'm using the hdmi out from the top card the second card is only used when necessary.

and what if you use the HDMI on the second card? I am not totaly up on dual carding!
A1EX

23rd Dec 14 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know for sure i have the latest set of drivers, so I suppose I will just contact them and see what they say. Shouldnt be an issue for too long as ill be running a decent set of speakers so hopefully that will sort it for me.

New Poll