corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  48    49    50    51    52  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
Dave

User status: Offline
16th Nov 15 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moto3 is completely mental, you can have a guy in the lead, 3 corners later he's in tenth and by the end of the lap he'll be up to second again!
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Nov 15 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose it depends what you're into, bikes just don't do it for me. No questions the racing in MotoGP is better, but the racing is also "better" in lower single seater formula too such as GP2 and GP3 - it doesn't get anywhere near the viewers that F1 gets so it isn't always about overtaking and crashes.

I love the sight of an F1 car changing direction and seeing all of the engineering just come together like that. Granted FOM are doing their best to make the cars look slow and crap with their sponsorship obsessive camera angles, but occasionally they get it right and the cars look like nothing else.

No questions that Mexico and Brazil were bore-fests race wise, but I still thoroughly enjoy watching an F1 car do its stuff for a couple of hours, which is why I'll always watch practise sessions too (even if recorded and watched later).

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
tom130691
Premium Member

17th Nov 15 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moto gp is boring IMO,

need pit stops and strategy, the wet/dry races are brilliant.

its quite difficult to defend in motogp in comparison which makes overtakes less exciting but more common.
Ellis

17th Nov 15 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
which is why I'll always watch practice sessions too (even if recorded and watched later).

Glad I'm not alone on that one
jr

19th Nov 15 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
I watched a replay of the Valencia [I think] MotoGP over the weekend. Wish it wasn't on BTSport otherwise I'd make a point of following it. Rossi ploughed through about 10 riders up to the first corner. More overtakes right there than a whole race in F1 some weekends.

26th to 4th during the race
jr

19th Nov 15 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Moto3 is completely mental, you can have a guy in the lead, 3 corners later he's in tenth and by the end of the lap he'll be up to second again!

spot on
Ellis

27th Nov 15 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thoughts for Abu Dhabi this weekend gents?

Preparing myself for a snooze fest but will have to enjoy last real coverage until March. Here's hoping for some drama.

Pirelli test on Tuesday might be interesting if it is televised.

SkyF1 shortly to be renamed Sky Darts for the winter period
tom130691
Premium Member

27th Nov 15 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Thoughts for Abu Dhabi this weekend gents?

Preparing myself for a snooze fest but will have to enjoy last real coverage until March. Here's hoping for some drama.

Pirelli test on Tuesday might be interesting if it is televised.

SkyF1 shortly to be renamed Sky Darts for the winter period

FP2 looked quite mixed up hopefully a good sign,

Nout wrong with the darts
Ben G

28th Nov 15 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis letting everyone down again...not sure what's happened? Maybe he just can't be bothered anymore?

Either way, it doesn't make for great viewing.
Ben G

29th Nov 15 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mercedes are so fucking boring with their strategies. They have completely ruined the potential fight Lewis and Nico could"ve had.

Then they chuck the same fucking tyres on both cars, despite Lewis having to do an extra 10 laps. Should've put super softs on, but I guess they can't upset the German/finn/French/whatever otherwose he'll start throwing caps and crying again.
Dave

29th Nov 15 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typically dull end to what's been a pretty dull season tbh, would've been more interesting watching cars on Asda car park.

Still, back to back world titles for Lewis, rumours Ferrari are going to be strong next year too so the title should be a bit closer, here's hoping.
whitter45

29th Nov 15 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Mercedes are so fucking boring with their strategies. They have completely ruined the potential fight Lewis and Nico could"ve had.

Then they chuck the same fucking tyres on both cars, despite Lewis having to do an extra 10 laps. Should've put super softs on, but I guess they can't upset the German/finn/French/whatever otherwose he'll start throwing caps and crying again.

Thought the opposite to be fair, when Lewis couldn't manage the back markers they were managing him spitting his dummy out by saying they will change strats on nicos car to compensate him being held up

And I don't believe for min he isn't trying or lost interest Because the title was won- he chases records etc so would imagine he wanted the 44th win

[Edited on 29-11-2015 by whitter45]
Steve
Premium Member

29th Nov 15 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course he will lose momentum because of that even if he doesn't mean to its human nature. It's no coincidence rosberg has started winning since Lewis won it
Rick Draper

29th Nov 15 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

quote:

Hamilton voiced his frustrations at the Mexican and Brazilian GPs that he wasn't allowed to run a different strategy to Rosberg in an attempt to get ahead. The only option that was given to Hamilton in Brazil was to extend his stint to have fresher tyres at the end, but with Vettel in close proximity that couldn't be risked.

That appeared to be what Mercedes did at the Yas Marina Circuit and the team told Sky F1's Ted Kravitz after the race that they did give Hamilton a choice of tyre but he didn't respond.

"Mercedes wanted a showdown and they gave Lewis Hamilton all the tools that he needed to create a showdown in the last stint," reported Kravitz.

"They extended his stint in the middle and even though he lost time, it meant he would have fresher tyres whatever tyres he chose for the final stint. They did give him the option of going to the supersoft tyre at the end. But the Mercedes engineers did say, 'Lewis you have the option, you make the call on supersofts or softs'.

"The fact is Hamilton did not respond and they put him onto the soft tyres that were slower, but would get him to the end without any dramas at all."

[Edited on 29-11-2015 by Rick Draper]
Ellis

30th Nov 15 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some viewers forget the primary objective for a race team. Yes these guys probably love racing as much as the next fan but Mercedes are there primarily to bring home a 1-2 finish and maximum team points. Entertainment is not top of the list. Formula 1 is responsible for developing a formula that will provide entertainment for fans.

Playing with car strategy modes was a nonsense and would've all but served an unfair race result. Nico was consistently faster and deserved to win. The bias towards Hamilton on Sky F1 is getting out of control.

Roll on 2016 season anyway...
Ben G

30th Nov 15 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get to fuck his engineer who Lewis clearly has the utmost trust in said the right call would be to go for primes.

Why? Nico was on primes, albeit some laps older, but it wasn't going to claw back the time he lost.

The whole point of dragging the middle stint out is to go onto the SIGNIFICANTLY faster super softs.

I remember Daniel ricciardo doing this last season, can't remember the track but he was.clawing something like 3 seconds a lap back. This is what should have happened to Lewis today, but alas, his engineer put that doubt in his mind that the tyres would not last.

Funny how they lasted on Vettels? Car and one other which I can't remember the name of.

It's all corporate bullshit. I can understand why. Mercedes-Benz want the records and for good reason, but it's not entertaining in the slightest.

Basically they let Lewis claw all that time back and then when it was about to get interesting they called it off and let Nico pit.

[Edited on 30-11-2015 by Ben G]
Ellis

30th Nov 15 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To then risk your 1-2 finish because both your cars collide scrapping for the lead; see Canada & Spa 2014.

I'd be targeting half a lap apart and out of traffic if I was a member of that team.
Ben G

30th Nov 15 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And that right there is the exact reason why formula 1 has lost a fuck ton of fans.
Ellis

30th Nov 15 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't disagree with you but the beast is within. It has become so outlandishly expensive that finances matter over everything else. Teams ultimately have to perform in order to generate the income from sponsors or for a works team, increase the sales of their brand otherwise it won't be feasible. It's a weekend of marketing with a bit of racing on a Sunday.
Rick Draper

17th Dec 15 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F1 going back to ITV from the BBC.
Ben G

17th Dec 15 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enjoy the adverts I remember when Schumacher was at Ferrari and it was broadcast on Itv. They went tp an ad break with about 3 laps to go and it all kicked off. Shocking broadcaster, always making mistakes.
Tiger

21st Dec 15 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
F1 going back to ITV from the BBC.

BBC's formula 1 contract has gone to Channel 4 according to News today.
Ellis

21st Dec 15 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't even know the BBC still had it, thought they only had rights to broadcast highlights or similar. Great to see they are doing less and less with my license fee anyway

Who the fuck are Channel 4 going to have presenting F1, Jon Snow?
Marc

21st Dec 15 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to Channel 4
Scotty_B

21st Dec 15 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 live ad-free races on CH4.

Least I can still watch it in HD unlike SkyF1 on Virgin.

<<  48    49    50    51    52  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1122830 seconds