corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
10th Dec 14 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice part quote dom, conveniently missing out the bit after where I said to do so would be derogatory towards Nico, who was a worthy challenger in the same car. Not all people who had dominant cars had a teammate capable of putting up a fight because they were shit and destined for the retirement home as opposed to Nico who is one of the best on the grid and in his prime

Rob_Quads

10th Dec 14 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Button doesn't get Signed I'm amazed he is doing Maclaren Promo stuff the day before.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Dec 14 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
If Button doesn't get Signed I'm amazed he is doing Maclaren Promo stuff the day before.

Contracts with McLaren run till 31st Dec iirc, Lewis was doing McLaren promo in the winter after he signed for Mercedes.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rick Draper

11th Dec 14 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button in at McLaren :-D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/jenson-button/11285220/Jenson-Buttons-future-with-McLaren-for-2015-season-set-to-be-revealed-in-Thursday-press-conference.html

http://bbc.in/1yAZAyf

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by Rick Draper]
Ben G

11th Dec 14 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I am shocked! Also disappointed as Magnussen was a rather exciting driver to watch.
Marc

11th Dec 14 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really pleased for Button.

Just hope the rumours in Denmark that it is Magnussen that has the deal are just that.
JonnyJ

11th Dec 14 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right decision in the end but you've got to feel for Magnusson. First season in the sport and chucked on the rubbish pile. Aye he might be kept on as a 3rd driver but with Vandoorne impressing in GP2, you've got to think he'll be first in line to replace Button.

Interesting times ahead though, Button v Alonso, wonder how that'll pan out.
Marc

11th Dec 14 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as I am pleased for Button, I get the feeling he is to be number 2 to Alonso but at the same time will be expected to deliver and push Alonso all the way.
JonnyJ

11th Dec 14 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
As much as I am pleased for Button, I get the feeling he is to be number 2 to Alonso but at the same time will be expected to deliver and push Alonso all the way.

He'll be there because hes a consistent points scorer. I imagine a lot of the decision will have been from the Honda side, they've got a lot riding on this season, reputation wise and will want to finish as high up the constructors as possible. Put against Magnusson, Button is far more likely to consistently rake in points, at least in terms of next season, who knows what Magnusson could've done with time.

Its been obvious for a while that he wasnt Ron or Boullier's choice as they were thinking more long term but i think Honda want to hit the ground running and other shareholders in Mclaren just want this god awful run theyve been on to come to an end. Short term wise, they've got the drivers to do that. Button should be able to get the points that the car deserves and we all know Alonso can do that and more, sometimes.
Jambo

11th Dec 14 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only real answer for them.

Don't rate Maggie, maybe with some more experience he will be able to refine his racecradt and replace Button when he retires.

Have they announced sponsors yet? I have fuck all reception and CS is about the only thing that loads.
JonnyJ

11th Dec 14 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RD: We now have the best driver line up by an order of magnitude

Ha ha ha ha. Funny guy Ron. Funny guy.
Marc

11th Dec 14 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
The only real answer for them.

Don't rate Maggie, maybe with some more experience he will be able to refine his racecradt and replace Button when he retires.

Have they announced sponsors yet? I have fuck all reception and CS is about the only thing that loads.

Talk of Telefonica.
Dom

11th Dec 14 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Nice part quote dom, conveniently missing out the bit after where I said to do so would be derogatory towards Nico, who was a worthy challenger in the same car. Not all people who had dominant cars had a teammate capable of putting up a fight because they were shit and destined for the retirement home as opposed to Nico who is one of the best on the grid and in his prime

So a driver winning the WDC in dominant car with their teammate not coming second equals an 'easy win'; but a driver winning the WDC in a dominant car with their teammante in second is a 'legend'?

Surely any driver winning the WDC is a legend and worthy of the title?
JonnyJ

11th Dec 14 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF? I mentioned nothing about Lewis being a legend because he won a title against a good driver in a dominant car? I only said he was a legendto me, world titles or no world titles.

Whether someone rates anyone a legend is purely subjective. There isnt a rule for it.
Ben G

11th Dec 14 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom does like a good mass debate, doesn't he?
Dom

11th Dec 14 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was purely using the term 'legend' as an opposite to 'easy win', can see the confusion so my bad.

However you still seem to be suggesting that unless a WDC driver's teammate, both who are driving dominant cars, is second place in the championship, then it's an 'easy win' for the (WDC) driver; which is complete twaddle.

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Dom does like a good mass debate, doesn't he?

Wouldn't class this as a debate Ben
JonnyJ

11th Dec 14 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It definitely makes it easier if you have a car that has a huge advantage over the field and your team mate cant do enough to get it to 2nd. If Nico had been that bad that he finished behind RIC then I'd have agreed with Whitter that anyone in the top 10 could've won the WDC in the Merc, but he was always there, always pushing Lewis, so it was far from an easy championship despite the car been well ahead of the field.

Just like it was easy for Vettel season before last. The only car capable of realistically challenging him for wins consistently was Webber's and he was nowhere, thats why he won it with races to spare. Aye its good that Vettel is getting the most out of it but if your team mate isnt there it makes your job so much easier, the pressure drops if you know you can make a mistake and the only guy who can challenge you wont be there to pick up the pieces.

The RB was capable of winning 13 races in '13. Webber, won zero and even if Seb had slipped up in a race, Webber could've only taken the win on 4 occasions. Compare that to Lewis and Nico this year where if Lewis had slipped up Nico could've taken the win on 8 occasions.

In 13 Seb wouldnt have lost the title regardless of making mistakes in all of the races whilst his only realistic challenger was 2nd.

In 14 Lewis would've lost the title had he made mistakes/not overtaken Nico in 5 of the races he was leading whilst his only realistic challenger was 2nd and thats only because of the double points bollocks. Without that its 3 races.

In that context one is a fairly easy win and the other is a hard one, because the pressure to perform to your maximum was much more intense. Had Lewis been partnered up with someone like Max Chilton, the championship would've been a piece of piss. He'd have just drove away from the front every race, easy win.

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by JonnyJ]
Rick Draper

11th Dec 14 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buttons contract is meant to be more than a one year one which is interesting.
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Dec 14 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One year with a one year extension option I read.

MX5 Project Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Dec 14 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

62282 05

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

14th Dec 14 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
62282 05

Done + online also
JonnyJ

14th Dec 14 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BOOM!
Ben G

14th Dec 14 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

officially a legend now. Fuck you, Rick.

I thought Rory would win, so as soon as they announced he was 2nd, I knew that Lewis has won
Scotty_B

15th Dec 14 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laughable on Facebook all the idiots saying F1 isn't a 'sport'.
JonnyJ

15th Dec 14 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always the same folk too. Never watched a race all year, yet seemingly knew exactly how easy it apparently was for Lewis to win it

I honestly hope he gets a knighthood. The outrage would be a delight to watch.

[Edited on 15-12-2014 by JonnyJ]

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1880400 seconds