corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
28th Nov 14 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye i love it Problem is i dont have many mates that can give me a good race so i need to find some people that can [that sounds twatish as hell]

Middlesborough has a great track, I kept up with a guy that had done it semi pro and beat him to pole/took fastest lap, but he beat me in the race after i lunged down the inside of him at a hairpin and spun it My racecraft is appalling. Im basically Maldonado.
JonnyJ

28th Nov 14 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Mine wasn't too bad but I know what you mean. You can go flying into corners on the Karts and they just stick. It doesn't seem possible in your mind

Half the battle on your first time is getting your head round just how much you can chuck them around. First time i went i was lifting/braking for corners that by the end were getting taken flat out. I'd go every week if i could afford it.
Ben G

28th Nov 14 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maldonado come on Jonny, no ones that bad!
JonnyJ

28th Nov 14 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im fucking terrible at overtaking, i go for gaps that just plain dont exist Makes you have a lot of respect for people like Lewis/Ricciardo/Alonso who pull all these moves off, usually flawlessly, at well over 100mph with cars that actually understeer/oversteer. Thats where the real skill is.
nibnob21
Premium Member

28th Nov 14 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone that looks more like a Thunderbird character than Carlos Sainz Jr.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

28th Nov 14 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics?
JonnyJ

28th Nov 14 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does a bit
nibnob21
Premium Member

28th Nov 14 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=carlos+sainz+jr

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

28th Nov 14 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F u I was furiously trying to buy the last nest thermostat in stock at the time.
Jambo

28th Nov 14 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso looks more like a Thunderbird than him!

Wonder if JEV will get a drive next year?
JonnyJ

28th Nov 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think theres anywhere for him to go sadly, unless he ends up at somewhere like Caterham/Whoever else pops up.

Merc, Ferrari, Red Bull, FI, Torro Rosso, Sauber, Williams have all got their drivers line up sorted and hes not being considered for Mclaren.

Hes got serious talent too.
Jambo

28th Nov 14 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah deffo a shame. He's had some ballsy moves in the last few races!
Ben G

28th Nov 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jev would be immense in the works red bull. He's a great talent that will be sorely missed.

Unfortunately it's all about the sponsors and wedge you can bring to the team nowadays.
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Nov 14 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love Karting, no idea why I don't do it more often.

Time to organise a christmas trip I reckon.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dave

1st Dec 14 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, today should be the day for McLaren to announce their driver line up.
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes indeed, quite exciting stuff!

Anyone see Webbers' crash in Brazil? He's alright apparently, but looked like a hairy smash.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

1st Dec 14 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Yes indeed, quite exciting stuff!

Anyone see Webbers' crash in Brazil? He's alright apparently, but looked like a hairy smash.

Yeah it was massive! I like how they have reported his condition as "satisfactory", seems an odd choice of words

Mclaren did say that it would be 1st Dec "at the earliest" so its possible we could still be waiting
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-oFMnTtpqU

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

1st Dec 14 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched that last night, very nice. You seen the full length video of that? Quite interesting to see what goes on during a race weekend, even if i cant understand a word of what is being said

Nicole saying you'd fit in well here, IS IT A SIGN!? Nico out, Fernando in. Jizz everywhere.

[Edited on 01-12-2014 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

1st Dec 14 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
AUTOSPORT understands that the final decision on Alonso's team-mate will be taken at a board meeting on December 4, although it is not clear when an official announcement will be made.

Looks like we could be waiting a few more days at least
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off all week prepping my house for sale again.

Sky Sports showing "best bit" reruns of all races back to back. Yes!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 14 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky Sports F1 &#8207;@SkySportsF1
FIA also confirm double points scrapped and Safety Car to now pit once last lapped car overtakes SC rather than waiting to catch pack

Hmmm. The issue i see here is if you've got 4/5 lapped cars, they shoot off, then the chasing pack catches them pretty quickly, leading to a potential big disadvantage for the leader.

Full list here

http://www.fia.com/news/world-motor-sport-council-2014-doha

[Edited on 03-12-2014 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 14 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all happening today

Tobias Grüner F1 &#8207;@tgruener
FIA crash report: Bianchi did not slow sufficiently to avoid losing control at the same point on the track as Sutil.

Conclusions:

The review of the events leading up to Bianchi’s accident indicate that a number of key issues occurred, which may have contributed to the accident, though none alone caused it:

1. The semi-dry racing line at T 7 was abruptly narrowed by water draining onto the track and flowing downhill along it. Both Sutil, and Bianchi one lap later, lost control at this point in T 7.

2. Sutil’s car was in the process of being recovered by mobile crane when Bianchi approached Sectors 7 and 8, which include the part of T 7 where the recovery was taking place. Sectors 7 and 8 were subject to double yellow flags.

3. Bianchi did not slow sufficiently to avoid losing control at the same point on the track as Sutil.

4. If drivers adhere to the requirements of double yellow flags, as set out in Appendix H, Art. 2.4.5.1.b, then neither competitors nor officials should be put in immediate or physical danger.

5. The actions taken following Sutil’s accident were consistent with the regulations, and their interpretation following 384 incidents in the preceding 8 years. Without the benefit of hindsight, there is no apparent reason why the Safety Car should have been deployed either before or after Sutil’s accident.

6. Bianchi over-controlled the oversteering car, such that he left the track earlier than Sutil, and headed towards a point “up-stream” along the barrier. Unfortunately, the mobile crane was in front of this part of the barrier, and he struck and under-ran the rear of it at high speed.

7. During the 2 seconds Bianchi’s car was leaving the track and traversing the run-off area, he applied both throttle and brake together, using both feet. The FailSafe algorithm is designed to over-ride the throttle and cut the engine, but was inhibited by the Torque Coordinator, which controls the rear Brake-by-Wire system. Bianchi’s Marussia has a unique design of BBW, which proved to be incompatible with the FailSafe settings.

8. The fact that the FailSafe did not disqualify the engine torque requested by the driver may have affected the impact velocity; it has not been possible to reliably quantify this. However, it may be that Bianchi was distracted by what was happening and the fact that his front wheels had locked, and been unable to steer the car such that it missed the crane.

9. Bianchi’s helmet struck the sloping underside of the crane. The magnitude of the blow and the glancing nature of it caused massive head deceleration and angular acceleration, leading to his severe injuries.

10. All rescue and medical procedures were followed, and their expediency are considered to have contributed significantly to the saving of Bianchi’s life.

11. It is not feasible to mitigate the injuries Bianchi suffered by either enclosing the driver’s cockpit, or fitting skirts to the crane. Neither approach is practical due to the very large forces involved in the accident between a 700kg car striking a 6500kg crane at a speed of 126kph. There is simply insufficient impact structure on a F1 car to absorb the energy of such an impact without either destroying the driver’s survival cell, or generating non-survivable decelerations.

It is considered fundamentally wrong to try and make an impact between a racing car and a large and heavy vehicle survivable. It is imperative to prevent a car ever hitting the crane and/or the marshals working near it.

[Edited on 03-12-2014 by JonnyJ]
Ben G

3rd Dec 14 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As horrible as that all sounds, it's all true.

126kph impact is crazy considering that's the point at which the 2 vehicles collided. He would've been going way in excess of that speed, under double yellow waved flags, just before he left the track.

I do think the hgv should not have been inside the track area at the time, but also believe that Bianchi should have slowed sufficiently to minimise the risk of a slide.

Obviously i'm sitting at home and not full of adrenaline so it's difficult to relate to Bianchi. I just hope makes some form of recovery and is able to live his life if possible.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Dec 14 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swear someone said he was driving dangerously whilst under double yellows whilst everyone was dishing out the rips

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1934030 seconds