corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
25th Feb 15 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must have missed the part where they said they were back?
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a mate who lives out in Tennessee, spotted this in the airport carpark.

Gotta be his TN runabout aye?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

28th Feb 15 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strategic parking aswell

He has a cobra and mustang in USA, doesn't he? This could be his 'corporate' mode of transport
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Strategic parking aswell

He has a cobra and mustang in USA, doesn't he? This could be his 'corporate' mode of transport

Defo got a Cobra aye. I know Sherzy's family are all from TN way on - so it would make sense for him to have (have had ) a regular car parked up there. Wonder if he just pays $30 a day or whatever for airport parking all year round?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

2nd Mar 15 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tickets, flights and accommodation sorted for the Spanish GP in May

Looking forward to seeing/hearing these new cars for the first time. I'll take a repeat of last years tense finish please!

PS, Kyle, i need to know where i can get info on where i need to be to get something [my penis] signed by Lewis like you did in Austin. We're going for the pitwalk on thursday so hopefully i can find something out then
Ben G

2nd Mar 15 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be flacid or erect?
JonnyJ

2nd Mar 15 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if he speaks to me
Ben G

2nd Mar 15 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get a semi on if I was in the same room as him tbh.
nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd Mar 15 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red Bull have finally released the livery of their new car. Looks identical to any other year.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2015/3/16850.html

MX5 Project Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Mar 15 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Tickets, flights and accommodation sorted for the Spanish GP in May

Looking forward to seeing/hearing these new cars for the first time. I'll take a repeat of last years tense finish please!

PS, Kyle, i need to know where i can get info on where i need to be to get something [my penis] signed by Lewis like you did in Austin. We're going for the pitwalk on thursday so hopefully i can find something out then

Nice! Good lad.

I've never actually done a pit walk yet, always arrive early on the Friday.

Austin was the best GP I've been to by a country mile for driver proximity - as they had a stage in an ampitheatre which could get about 300 people within spunking distance of the drivers - and many more within 20-30yards.

Wouldn't know where to start at other venues, particularly ones near big cities. I reckon you'd have a good shot at Spa - I could have got a couple of one to one's at Spa on a night if I had balls to walk up to them in restaraunts etc.

See if you can find out what hotels the teams book in Barca.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

2nd Mar 15 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll see what I can find out, maybe see if I can speak to any Merc guys that are about Thursday. Mind, I can absolutely guarantee that if I did happen to see him just strolling about I'd chicken out of going up to him

I think you said in your Austin experience that Merc were giving out passes to a select number of folk? Hopefully can find out if they will be doing the same here and hope the vast majority of people there will be clamouring to get near Alonso

As long as he wins im not too fussed, been an ambition of mine for a while to see a Lewis win live
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Mar 15 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that was the ampitheatre event. Each team gave out 100 wristbands for autographs on the stage after qualifying. Only ever seen that at Austin on the GP I've been too, but the rest should learn from it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Mar 15 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh do you know where you're sitting yet? Another great thing from Austin was getting down on the start/finish straight and getting my mug up against the catch fencing looking straight into the Merc garage for the celebrations.

Good opportunity for chats with BBC/Sky crew doing that - and it's how I got my debut TV appearance

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

3rd Mar 15 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're just gen admission so I reckon on one of the banks around T1/2/3. Better not rain
JonnyJ

3rd Mar 15 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso to miss the season opener. Anyone else get the feeling theres more to this than Mclaren are letting on?

I know you have to be careful with concussions and all that but...
Scotty_B

3rd Mar 15 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope not, and I sure KM will be faster than JB.
Ben G

3rd Mar 15 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that's pretty crap news.

Maybe he doesn't want to drive a p.o.s Honda/Mclaren mash up around?
JonnyJ

3rd Mar 15 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen that suggested but im pretty sure thats not the case, he happily drove around some dogs in his Ferrari days.

I just dont think Mclaren help themselves with the odd press releases. Had Ron Dennis saying he didnt suffer a concussion, then it comes out he did and its the reason he cant race in AUS. Makes you question the cause of the accident, especially when Vettel said it looked very odd. Maybe a bit tinfoil hat but i dont reckon we're been told the full story.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Mar 15 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Well that's pretty crap news.

Maybe he doesn't want to drive a p.o.s Honda/Mclaren mash up around?

I think there's perhaps an argument to suggest he would have been in the car had it been a likely WDC/WCC contender - but he's leaning on the cautious side as it's clearly a dog

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Stu_22

4th Mar 15 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does seem a bit weird. from the pics it didn't seem like a heavy crash in F1 terms and hit the wall side on is probably the best way to hit it rather than head on
Rob_Quads

4th Mar 15 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think side on is much worse as there is no crumple zone. Someone was commenting that if the suspension does not break then it transfers all the force into the car i.e. onto the drive as the suspension is not design to budge in that direction.
If it was a head on then you get the front nose crumpling and the Hans device is also more effective I think.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Mar 15 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm pretty sure side collisions are worse than head-on in F1 terms.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rick Draper

5th Mar 15 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2015/3/16858.html
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Mar 15 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting(ish) article about the Alonso crash.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31732315

And Manor have been given the go ahead to race
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31757211

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

5th Mar 15 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great news.

Not really sure what to call them though one minute it's Marussia, then it's Manor and now it's Manor Marussia. Confusing as hell.

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.2016060 seconds