corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Boiler Issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boiler Issue
dannymccann

User status: Offline
   1st Nov 14 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal Isar HE30 - fitted by house builder over 4 years ago not my choice of manufacturer.

Was serviced by Npower some time earlier this year with no problems found or things to sort out. Bloke actually commented how 'clean' it was inside compared to most he sees

Anyway, was doing the washing up earlier and the water was coming out stupidly hot, opened the cupboard to see if missus had turned it up to full but it hasn't moved. However I did notice none of the lights on the front are on. Boiler is still providing perfectly hot water and the heating is fine.

Had a Google but can't seem to find people with the same symptoms, most have no heating or hot water or both combined with the blank display, so I'm a bit confused. I've tried an IT Help desk fix (turn it off and on again) but that's about it.

Typically my boiler cover expired a couple of months ago and I didn't renew it because the premium jumped up x3 without making a single claim

Ideas??
Ben G

1st Nov 14 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thermostat or immersion. Only reasons why our water ever gets too hot.
dannymccann

1st Nov 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a combi Ben, no immersion. Temperature of the water is controlled by an analogue dial on the front control panel (the thing that's lost power) which I think is why its pissing it out so hot, and probably why the water in the rads is noticeably hotter actually now I think about it
dannymccann

2nd Nov 14 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I swear I'm not going crazy but the lights are back on again now, almost as if by magic.

Wtaf

Edit - off again

[Edited on 02-11-2014 by dannymccann]
deanmcreynolds26

2nd Nov 14 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a water leak by any chance? The heat exchanger on these fail quite a lot and the water leaks onto the connection of the display board and would cause this fault.
Your contract probably went up cos not a lot of companies want an ideal isar on their books due to the repair costs

£600 for a heat exchanger
£200 for a pcb
£180 for a fan
£100 for a display pcb

I've been out putting over £1000 of parts/labour in thes things in a day. Want my advise. Get rid or get back on a maintenance contract.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the same boiler, PCB failed. At the time had no cover, but British Gas was a fixed call out fee of around £120, which repaired the boiler for that price regardless of cost. Obviously you could lose out it it's something simple, but in my case and possibly yours I saved money. Not sure if they still do it for the same fixed price however, was a few years back now.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pcb I bet

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dannymccann

3rd Nov 14 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fecking things, shouldn't be allowed to sell them. I've signed up to a Home Serve policy in case it decides to shit itself

New Poll