corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Boiler/hot water issue HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boiler/hot water issue HELP!
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   11th Nov 11 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys+girls!
Niall and I are having problems with our boiler and we are only getting hot water when running the tap for washing up or having a shower, for about 2minutes maximum and this is without adding any cold water to it. It is a combi boiler and I am aware temperatures may often fluctuate but this is NOT the case- the hot water only lasts for 2minutes and doesn't return.

When the hot water goes cold the lights etc on the boiler are still all working as per normal, nothing needs resetting on it.

About 6 weeks ago we had the bolier flushed as we had no hot water whatsoever and it has been fine until about 10days ago.

The pressure on the boiler is fine (between 1.0 and 1.5 as it should be).

Water pressure seems ok to but possibly a little bit slower.

It's a worcester combi boiler and is 5 years old (we bought the house 18months ago)

I think that's everything! Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be before the plumber finally comes out again next week??

Any help/advice would be good incase it's something we could actually look at or do before next week to try and get hot water. I'm fed up of going to the gym to use the shower!
Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the heating work?
Jill
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you get hot water whilst the heating is on?
Jill
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, apart from the two minutes I mentioned before. I have a shower first, use the water up. Niall has a shower next, no hot water. Then we have two minutes hot water to run the washing up in the evening and both of us shower at the gym then.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm I'm stumped then sorry

I thought it may have been the diverter valve? mattk or anyone else on here that does plumbing should be able to help you.
Jill
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries Sam thanks for trying to help
andys sxi
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after a quick search on google found this

http://forums.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-forums.showdiscussion/thread_id-19256/startrow-1/maxrows-20/64f0486f.html

might be some help to you

April 08 feature car
Jill
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow thanks andy! What on earth did you type in to get that up?! Thanks again
andys sxi
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i need to know anything i always go on google, i just typed in worcester boiler no hot water or something like that, its worth going on google and having a look loads came up but i posted that because there was 20 pages if it

you could even type your exact model in and find out whats the problem

[Edited on 11-11-2011 by andys sxi]

April 08 feature car
Jill
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Andy I will have a go later as I don't have access to google at work

New Poll