corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » why do people always feel the need to come out as gay? apple fan boys here.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author why do people always feel the need to come out as gay? apple fan boys here.
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Oct 14 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
im not using it to chastise gay people
Of course you are, whether you realise it or not.

For whatever reason you felt the need to express that homosexuals are damaged individuals, even though it had nothing to do with the question posted.

You intentionally tried to put homosexuals below yourself, which is exactly the fucking problem. Why do you need to prove to the world that something is wrong with these people?

Im not using it to put people below me, in the same way I wouldn't put someone with a cognitive mental impairment below me, but would still recognise, well at least choose to believe, there is a genetic flaw. Does it make them a worse person than me? no.

[Edited on 31-10-2014 by Steve]
Dom

31st Oct 14 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
....there is a genetic flaw

So you believe homosexuality is a 'flaw'?
Robin
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Flaw' is the problem word there Steve. That does imply that you think they aren't as good as you to be fair.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
....there is a genetic flaw

So you believe homosexuality is a 'flaw'?

If you are looking at the fundamentals of how human species thrives, and how nature has designed our bodies then yes.

In what way shape or form is the anus designed by nature to be used for sexual intercourse
Balling
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im not using it to put people below me, in the same way I wouldn't put someone with a cognitive mental impairment below me, but would still recognise, well at least choose to believe, there is a genetic flaw. Does it make them a worse person than me? no.
You're missing my point.

The question wasn't "what causes homosexuality" it was "why do people always feel the need to come out as gay".

Yet, for whatever reason, you decided to share your views about homosexuals being genetically flawed, without it having any relevance. To me, that has no other point than to put them below you.

Steve
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough lol.
ed

31st Oct 14 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a thought, how many people read Cook's essay before being outraged by it?
Ben G

31st Oct 14 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Actually it did, he was the first but not the last.

Whether you care or not, someone famous coming out is helpful for people who are struggling with it themselves.

So if someone is struggling with being straight, should famous people announce their straightness?

Logic.
Ben G

31st Oct 14 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

Not outraged, just bemused as to why so many people feel the need to announce their homosexuality to the world.

Reminds of of that dafid character in Little Britain.
Russ

31st Oct 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think some people just like getting fucked in the arse. has nothing to do with overpopulation
spencer88

31st Oct 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

Whether you care or not, someone famous coming out is helpful for people who are struggling with it themselves.

So if someone is struggling with being straight, should famous people announce their straightness?

Logic.

Exactly.

The same reason I have fault with things like 'Gay Pride'

If we had 'Straight Pride' there would be hell up.

I have no problems with gays, queers, bi-sexuals etc. But part reason there is still issues is because they still have these huge events for gays, or huge deals made out of people being gay. Just fit in to society like the rest and stop making a big deal of it!

And before people ridicule me, I have gay friends and friends of friends, about 40% of them feel the same. Most of them don't visit 'Gay bars' as they feel it again stops them just being a 'normal' part of society.
ed

31st Oct 14 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Not outraged, just bemused as to why so many people feel the need to announce their homosexuality to the world.

Maybe you should have read it then, this section in particular:

quote:
The world has changed so much since I was a kid. America is moving toward marriage equality, and the public figures who have bravely come out have helped change perceptions and made our culture more tolerant. Still, there are laws on the books in a majority of states that allow employers to fire people based solely on their sexual orientation. There are many places where landlords can evict tenants for being gay, or where we can be barred from visiting sick partners and sharing in their legacies. Countless people, particularly kids, face fear and abuse every day because of their sexual orientation.

I don’t consider myself an activist, but I realize how much I’ve benefited from the sacrifice of others. So if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it’s worth the trade-off with my own privacy.
Russ

31st Oct 14 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
quote:

Logic.

Exactly.

The same reason I have fault with things like 'Gay Pride'

If we had 'Straight Pride' there would be hell up.

I have no problems with gays, queers, bi-sexuals etc. But part reason there is still issues is because they still have these huge events for gays, or huge deals made out of people being gay. Just fit in to society like the rest and stop making a big deal of it!

And before people ridicule me, I have gay friends and friends of friends, about 40% of them feel the same. Most of them don't visit 'Gay bars' as they feel it again stops them just being a 'normal' part of society.
you and ben are both correct

there's no persecution of the LBGT community, there isnt any hatred attached at all. infact, i was a member of a car forum where straights were persecuted, and there was this one guy, called Robin, and we used to make fun out of the straight bastard

/sarcasm
Ben G

31st Oct 14 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Maybe you should have read it then, this section in particular:

quote:
The world has changed so much since I was a kid. America is moving toward marriage equality, and the public figures who have bravely come out have helped change perceptions and made our culture more tolerant. Still, there are laws on the books in a majority of states that allow employers to fire people based solely on their sexual orientation. There are many places where landlords can evict tenants for being gay, or where we can be barred from visiting sick partners and sharing in their legacies. Countless people, particularly kids, face fear and abuse every day because of their sexual orientation.

I don’t consider myself an activist, but I realize how much I’ve benefited from the sacrifice of others. So if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it’s worth the trade-off with my own privacy.

I listened to that on skynews. Please don't try and patronise me.
Balling
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Logic.
Generally there's not many people who struggle with being part of the majority, to a point where it's ruining their lives.

Very few people are on the receiving end of hate crimes for being part of the majority.

Like I've already stated, Tim Cook's message was clearly not intended for me, so it's fairly easy to ignore, like some band I don't care about releasing a new album.

Dom

31st Oct 14 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Logic

No, that isn't logic Ben; rather it displays your ignorance and narrow mindedness on the subject.

As it has been pointed out to you (and others that also fail to understand), whilst you may deem homosexuality to be socially 'acceptable' (acceptable is an awful term), it is an opinion that is shared amongst the minority. The article (Ed even quoted the important paragraph) explains exactly why Tim Cook announced his sexuality and why it's important.
Ben G

31st Oct 14 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:

Logic.
Generally there's not many people who struggle with being part of the majority, to a point where it's ruining their lives.

Very few people are on the receiving end of hate crimes for being part of the majority.

Like I've already stated, Tim Cook's message was clearly not intended for me, so it's fairly easy to ignore, like some band I don't care about releasing a new album.

But what if they were struggling? If it helps one person, it's worth it. Is that not what the gay announcements are about?

Dom, why do you always have to accuse someone of being narrow minded for not agreeing with something you agree with?

To not understand the other side of the argument is in itself narrow minded.

[Edited on 31-10-2014 by Ben G]
Balling
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But what if they were struggling? If it helps one person, it's worth it. Is that not what the gay announcements are about?
I could ask you the same thing. If straight people struggling with their sexuality was a real concern, would it be alright to talk about in public or should people just keep their issues hidden to the world?

Many, MANY homosexuals do struggle with issues closely related to public awareness and indeed acceptance, so why is it a problem to you that it's being discussed?

It honestly seems like it should be the simplest thing for you to ignore.

Balling
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and a valuable answer to your original question: because it creates debate.

Case in point, this thread.

Dom

31st Oct 14 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dom, why do you always have to accuse someone of being narrow minded for not agreeing with something you agree with?

Because you're 'opinion' appears to boil down to - i don't suffer from persecutions based on my sexuality, therefore homosexuals mustn't either. Yet, the article explains exactly why and how this isn't the case and why Tim Cook feels 'the need to come out as gay'.

As for "why do you always have to accuse someone of being narrow minded"; i've use the term 'narrow minded' seven times out of twenty-six and a half thousand posts - would you class that as being "always" Ben?
Gary
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Evolution in its rawest state (reproduction been no1) went a long time ago. 'gay' may we) be a product of evolution to stop over population. Infact it'd be interesting to see if there is any relationship between how heavily populated a country is and how many homosexuals residents it has.

Ok not sure homosexuality is born from overpopulation....

Noone can say it isn't, we don't understand why it happens
Steve
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just like to point out to everyone here that I have a penis.
GB123
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It's no different from celebrities like Stephen Fry who suffer from mental illness coming out and talking about them publicly so other people feel less alone.
Robin
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Logic.

Yes. Anything people are struggling with, self harm, domestic abuse, mental illness, body dismorphia, transgender, whatever... If someone in the public eye 'comes out' about it, it helps other people.

How is that hard to grasp?
Robin
Premium Member

31st Oct 14 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would just like to point out to everyone here that I have a penis.

Everyone's aware, it's on your forehead.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » why do people always feel the need to come out as gay? apple fan boys here. 23 database queries in 0.1103382 seconds