corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again")

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again")
Jambo

User status: Offline
4th Oct 14 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I for one, am glad there are Alan Hennings in this world. Naive maybe, selfless? Surely. Bigger man than me.

Thing is I just can't understand, why do they think this will work? Murdering charity workers to show how the west is heartless and barbaric? They must know they won't back down, no matter how many innocent aid workers they murder it will only worsen the resolve and increase attacks on them? Is it just delusion?
Cavey

4th Oct 14 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what you mean by "work" what are they trying to achieve from it? I'm guessing they want to show how cold and heartless they are, and therefore dedicated to their cause, and trying to prove that they themselves won't back down, no matter what the west do.

And yes, they are deluded, they're religious extremists. God bless religion
Cavey

4th Oct 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is selfless, yes, incredibly so, but I don't feel much sympathy for him as he surely knew what he was risking by going there. Fair enough if you've got no family or connection in the UK. But his family have gone through hell because of him going over there.

Yes, it sounds incredibly cold and simple putting it like that, but that's my opinion of it

[Edited on 04-10-2014 by Cavey]
Jambo

4th Oct 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work as in cease the air strikes and the plan for the western powers to stop Yazidis Kurds and Christians from being slaughtered because they don't believe the same made up drivel they are spouting. Never has the terrorism card worked. Not in scenarios like this, it just makes them look barbaric and inhumane.

John

4th Oct 14 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terrorism appears to work to me. Anywhere the Western world has invaded recently seems to have ended up worse off. Might as well just let them get on with it and leave the rest of the world alone.
Aaron

4th Oct 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Terrorism appears to work to me. Anywhere the Western world has invaded recently seems to have ended up worse off. Might as well just let them get on with it and leave the rest of the world alone.

Agree, sadly.

There will no doubt an eventual ground was in all this (if it isn't already being fought by Special Forces anyway), and so...what will this one lead to...yet another situation like this, but one which somehow manages to rise up to a new level of violence.

The countries sending their planes to drop bombs etc are no doubt killing innocent civilians in the process, which could potentially cause the families of the dead join forces with the nutters...which looks to be what's happened since the Iraq and Afghan were invaded in the early 00's

Seems to be a vicious circle, which i can only see getting worse and worse.
Jambo

4th Oct 14 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't remember the west invading Syria?
Aaron

4th Oct 14 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I don't remember the west invading Syria?

Is that aimed at me?
John

4th Oct 14 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Islamic State isn't country specific AFAIK? Doesn't seem to matter where, or what you class as invade, its all the same. I'd also be willing to bet that the bombers over Syria are classed as invading.

You cannot beat a force that doesn't care about dying, or killing unlimited innocent bystanders. Its completely impossible.
Jambo

4th Oct 14 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The trouble is, you state "leaving them to their own devices" as a preferable method because if we intervene (upon the request of their government) that it will breed extremists who will then grow to hate the west and become radicalised or however you want to phrase it. Well if we left them alone and did nothing, ignoring the genodice. Then surely we would be breeding a new form of radicalised enemy who are angry at the wests apathy?

This is not a black and white situation, and there are no easy answers.
John

4th Oct 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We intervene, a load of people die, we leave, a load of people continue to die. Unless you go in and totally wipe a generation out, which we can't do, it continues.
AlexSXI

9th Oct 14 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carnage in Turkey in the last couple of days during protests relating to the Kurdish town of Kobane on the Syria/Turkey border.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2784809/Now-ISIS-clashes-spread-Europe-Riot-police-separate-hundreds-Kurds-Islamist-supporters-Germany-nine-killed-protests-Turkey.html

ISIS seem to be gaining control of more and more of Syria and Iraq and most of the world continues to stand and watch.

DaveyLC

9th Oct 14 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
We intervene, a load of people die, we leave, a load of people continue to die. Unless you go in and totally wipe a generation out, which we can't do, it continues.

Agree'd that makes whom ever does it no better than Hitler..

Genocide is Genocide regardless of how righteous you believe the cause is.

Its hard for us westerners to appreciate what is going on because generally if you have a war its between countries, countries usually have governments or regimes that can be overthrown (Saddam Husain is a perfect example).

The problem with IS is that you are fighting a Righteous Belief, not greed, not pure logic.. Much of the world has adopted and embraced Democracy as a way of life but there are still people who believe a higher-power has set out what is right and what is wrong and it is their duty to correct the rest of the world.

To make things worse there are billions of people who are sat on the fence: in one hand they want to protect their religious beliefs but in the other hand they like their freedom, ok the overwhelming majority of those people are peaceful and would never even contemplate killing someone in the name of their beliefs but the minority that remain are very easy to corrupt so its an almost un-ending supply of self-less warriors who will kill in the name of what they don't even really understand..

The best analogy is its like a wasps nest, yeah you don't want them there but the best thing to do is to not poke at it.
Ben G

9th Oct 14 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something dodgy going on with turkey tbh. They said they would fight ISIS if they reached that border town, yet haven't.

You can clearly see the military strength that Turkey have sitting on the border, with the tanks all lined up, but they won't attack in another country, possibly for fear of reprisal.

If ISIS even attempt to step in to Turkey, I think that will be it for them. We would have no choice but to deploy ground troops in that instance, I think.
andy1868

10th Oct 14 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An attack on Turkey would mean an attack on NATO, not a smart move on IS's part. Although having said that, one of their spokesmen recently said they welcomed an American ground attack, just showing how much they don't care whether they live or die, they just wanted the opportunity to take some westerners with them by the sounds of it
Aaron

16th Nov 14 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone had the misfortune to see the latest video?

I havent watched it (and i won't be), but i've heard that it's the worst one for a long time due to the number of people who meet their fate in it (not just the U.S guy who the BBC are reporting)
Ben G

16th Nov 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't but as always, i'm curious.

Apparently they beheaded.a lot of Syrian soldiers too.

When will they realise that this will do nothing to us as a whole? It won't stop us bombing them.

I know it's harsh but as it'a just an individual of no great importance (like any one of us), the governments won't really care.

All it does it anger the public into hating all Muslims. Maybe that's what they want? Holy war and all that crap?
baza31

17th Nov 14 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just watched it . I think they must of raised there budget the video goes on forever . Blabbing on and on about al-Aswan-maqab-muhada-imran-tescos .

But this time it seemed like they was explaining more , they showed videos of dead body's of their own people and kids .

To be honest I don't know all the in's and outs but I can sort of understand them wanting to fight back . Our soldiers etc do it for the country and half the time won't be fully told the truth . Over there innocent people have been killed including children by our lot that didn't choose to join a battle , so on that basis I can sort of understand their people and relatives wanting to fight back . If it wasn't for greedy governments and religion then there would be no reason why people couldn't get on .

Apart from that the slaughtering of people and whatever else they are doing is out of order . They are clearly brainwashed to believe all this shit they talk and it's slightly worrying where this will all go
Ben G

23rd Nov 14 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/23/sas-on-quad-bikes-are-killing-up-to-eight-jihadis-a-day-in-iraq-4959144/?ito=facebook
Aaron

23rd Nov 14 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If true

Story - If not true
Jambo

23rd Nov 14 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Told you they where over there
Aaron

23rd Nov 14 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit more here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845668/SAS-quad-bike-squads-kill-8-jihadis-day-allies-prepare-wipe-map-Daring-raids-UK-Special-Forces-leave-200-enemy-dead-just-four-weeks.html

[Edited on 23-11-2014 by Aaron]
Aaron

23rd Nov 14 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Told you they where over there

I think it was pretty obvious when reports came out months ago relating to "training units" being sent over. tbh
Ben G

15th Dec 14 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More Arabic Muslim shite. They've been watching too much Die Hard.

http://news.sky.com/story/1391970/sydney-hostage-siege-several-escape-cafe

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again") 22 database queries in 0.2076840 seconds