corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again")

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again")
Ben G

User status: Offline
27th Sep 14 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever they are, today is the first time they've been used on a combat mission.

They look bloody marvellous.
Jambo

27th Sep 14 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We still have Tornados
Russ

27th Sep 14 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we replaced f3's (fighters) with typhoons (probably still have some?)

still have gr4's
djgritt
Premium Member

27th Sep 14 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Whatever they are, today is the first time they've been used on a combat mission.

They are Tornados, but it's not their first use in Combat. It's their first Combat flights in this situation.
Dom

27th Sep 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
we replaced f3's (fighters) with typhoons (probably still have some?)

still have gr4's

That'd make sense
Ben G

27th Sep 14 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

They are Tornados, but it's not their first use in Combat. It's their first Combat flights in this situation.

Better tell sky news that mate
Steve
Premium Member

27th Sep 14 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The jump jets were decommissioned, the tornados were also due to be decommissioned but they ended up keeping some due to pressure.
andy1868

27th Sep 14 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf we could still be using Sopwith Camels and still have air superiority.

As long as they're only providing air cover similar to Libya then fine. On the one hand, I wouldn't want our ground forces to get dragged into another lengthy campaign for obvious reasons. Why is it up to us to police the world? We aren't the major power we once were, let somebody else wade in.

But on the other hand can the world stand back and let them get away with it? The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. With the other attitude nothing would have been done about Hitler, and he was a wrongun
ryzer

28th Sep 14 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is precisely why we need those new carriers. And lusty should still be around with a contingent of harriers. You never know where the next situation is going to be.
taylorboosh

28th Sep 14 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id personally go in full whack and hunt them out
sc0ott

29th Sep 14 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd call in harry tasker
Hammer

30th Sep 14 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The UK/US artillery is that shit hot we have spent over 13 years on attempting to destroy Al Qaeda and yet sandal wearing old men still manage to evade them.

Think it's time to give someone else a go at helping what cannot be helped in the Middle East.
Dom

30th Sep 14 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Armchair Politicians
Russ

30th Sep 14 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are the brimfull of asha on the 45
Tiger

3rd Oct 14 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alan Henning has been beheaded now despite all the personal appeals by his family.

Fucking IS scum.
Aaron

3rd Oct 14 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was hard to believe that they were ever going to let him go

Tragic, so tragic.
nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd Oct 14 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a bunch of delusional cowardly cunts.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

3rd Oct 14 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iirc he was actually found to be innocent in a Muslim IS court. I.e not a threat to IS

They're pretty much fucked now. Most of the worlds Muslims are against them.

[Edited on 03-10-2014 by Ben G]
tom130691
Premium Member

4th Oct 14 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Alan Henning has been beheaded now despite all the personal appeals by his family.

Fucking IS scum.

Can't help but think the media heavily influenced this,

The last beheading was after air strikes,

Lots of press around letting him go with family pleas ect, then few days later the press full of information on the UK air strikes, of course these morons where going to react this way,

Marc

4th Oct 14 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is, and I'm not trying to say it is their own faults, but this will not deter anyone going over there thinking they can make a difference. We need to leave them to their own devices and if that means innocents don't get the aid they need then thats something we have to accept.
Welly Wanger

4th Oct 14 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up until a month ago or so id never heard of Isis. I'd been out of the country for almost a year, pretty much off the grid with no TV, internet or the usual tabloids. Life was great.
Upon my return you soon notice all the doom and gloom what's pushed in your face and its daily.
Its sad that people die by so called terrorist organisations but the USA and the UK have to be one of the biggest killing machines out there today. Is it any surprise there's a retaliation on civilians from the USA or the UK? Nope and there will be more.
If your heading to a high danger area to help others you should know deep down that shit could hot the fan at any time and ones life could be at risk. Same as when you go to a zoo, you don't jump into the lion/tiger enclosure to give the cute puddy cat a pat on the head and get a selfie, as your more than likely going to be ripped apart.
I often wonder if the world would be a better place if the Germans had won WW2 as they would have been the victors and would have re-wrote history and made Churchill out to be the monster.
As for the people saying they'd go over there and kick arse or nuke them get real your 9 till 5 is more important so that you can get your latest iPhone6. If I was to put my time and energy into anything it would be to save rainforest's, tigers or other animals which are on the brink of extinction.
Jambo

4th Oct 14 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John

4th Oct 14 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You talk a lot of shit wanger but in between that shit, I completely agree with the bit about going somewhere dodgy, as a white taxi driver, with a family, and expecting to make it home without anything happening is at best a bit naive.
Ben G

4th Oct 14 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed John, to a point.

I've been to Turkey which I believe has a huge Muslim population and also went to Eygpt.

At the time there was a big uprising in Egypt so the place was at best dodgy.

Not that i'm trying to compare a pretty established area to one living in the dark ages, but shouldn't we be able to travel or help others without this shit happening?

The fact a sharia law court found him not guilty of being a spy and that even Al Queda apparantly asked for him to be released says it all.
John

4th Oct 14 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going on holiday to turkey isn't quite the same as going over the border into Syria, the only white guy in a bunch of (not even sure wtf they were) whatever.

Journalists I've got slightly more time for because even though they know the risks, they're letting the rest of the world see what's going on.

[Edited on 04-10-2014 by John]

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again") 23 database queries in 0.1126950 seconds