corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again")

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again")
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
22nd Aug 14 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much credence you give to the killer being British.

Personally I think his nationality is a bit of a misnomer. He's obviously not westernised sufficiently well in his or however many historic generations' time over here, therefore he might be British on the paperwork but its a fairly weak reason to follow him over there and carry it all on.

I do think its in the national interest to make sure he doesn't ever return here. But that's not the same as using it leverage to go and fight the moral fight.

If they're a few thousand years behind and want to sing to a man in the sky, practice Sharia law and suppress women then perhaps the establishment of an entire state where they can do that is actually a step forward.

You might even find left alone they chill out a bit and get on with their own lives but as long as the west tries and fails to bring them up to speed, you're going to see bad feeling and events such as this one.

I'm quite sure somewhere down the line that if enough people don't like it, they're welcome to take part in an uprising to campaign for better a better life inside of that religion but one thing that we've learnt to expect now is that poking the western oar in isn't the solution.

Any more extremists want to have a little trip back there to fight the good fight, crack on. Enjoy your new desert playground, see you in a few decades when the oil has run out and your economy needs banking and tourism.
Jambo

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 14 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There wouldn't be an uprising because all the Yazidis and Christians will be dead.

3CorsaMeal

22nd Aug 14 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Hes an american posing with a british accent.

I only found out this week that the guy who does the FPS Russia thing is an american guy putting on the accent and has nothing to do with Russia, its all done in america.
DaveyLC

22nd Aug 14 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Personally I think his nationality is a bit of a misnomer. He's obviously not westernised sufficiently well in his or however many historic generations' time over here, therefore he might be British on the paperwork but its a fairly weak reason to follow him over there and carry it all on.

Are you implying that there is some kind of 'Nutter Gene'

I think the Nationality is very important, he's clearly a British born Muslim so we need to be very concerned about the nutters who are brain-washing these young men.
DaveyLC

22nd Aug 14 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Hes an american posing with a british accent.

I only found out this week that the guy who does the FPS Russia thing is an american guy putting on the accent and has nothing to do with Russia, its all done in america.

You'll be even more shocked to know that some of the videos include CGI!
mwg

22nd Aug 14 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with the some kind of nuke/total annihilation option. Only problem with that is some of the nut jobs over here or that are in other european countries might start kicking off
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://bellingcat.com/resources/case-studies/2014/08/22/gun-safety-self-defense-and-road-marches-finding-an-isis-training-camp/
Tiger

2nd Sep 14 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reports of another US hostage being beheaded now too.
Ben G

2nd Sep 14 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems legit. It's all over the place. Video?

Liveleak won't show them anymore.
Reecemac

2nd Sep 14 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://nieuws.thepostonline.nl/2014/09/02/video-onthoofdt-amerikaanse-journalist-steven-sotloff/
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Sep 14 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Are you implying that there is some kind of 'Nutter Gene'

Certainly not genetic but the faith obviously isn't lost.

Steven Sotloff is the guy in the background in the other video.

Not sure how many other hostages they have but probably not looking too hopeful to see them again if they're doing one a month.
baza31

2nd Sep 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd tie the fucker up and let the horniest pig I could find butt fuck him whilst I streamed it online until he died of internal bleeding . I'd then let the pig eat his remains .
Aaron

2nd Sep 14 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I aren't usually one to watch videos like that, but i just have done.

This is a strange thing to say, but (assuming the vid is genuine) the poor man who met his fate in this terrible way looked incredibly brave in a situation of such impending trauma.

He obviously knew what was coming. He knew that others had previously met the same fate. and i dare say that he's watched other videos of that type in the past (given his line of work).

Such a tragic way to go, and it made my heart beat to a level i haven't experienced for a long time.

Such a sad time

Edit - I didnt have the sound on, so who knows what was being said/shouted by anyone.

[Edited on 02-09-2014 by Aaron]
Ben G

2nd Sep 14 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always intrigued to watch these. I'm not sure why.

Has the hostage been brainwashed? If you were going to die, would you not say what you want, rather than what you are told?

British guy next not looking good.

I really hope they don't stop the bombing though, else these hostages will have died for nothing.
Jambo

2nd Sep 14 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I don't get is... Have they learnt nothing from previous episodes of this?

Antagonising the guys with drones and a huge army?
p

2nd Sep 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regarding the bravery, and the reaction or 'lack of,' oddly, this is mostly the reactions of most people being beheaded. I'd put it down to these brave individuals just aren't going to let the terrorists win, and by that I mean like they won't let the terrorists see their fear etc they won't give them the pleasure of it. Ridiculously brave. And of course, their fate is ceiled, they know what's coming. I'd say it's a mixture of that anyway.

I've seen a few beheadings on the net, and they're scary, scary things to watch. I don't even want to imagine for a second what they go through. I heard a rumour once that some terrorists give injections before they do the beheading, but don't know how true that is, of course.

I remember watching one video and the amount of screaming and pain one guy was showing whilst it was happening isn't something you easily forget. Some others show pain a bit, but oddly, not a lot of yelling and screaming.
p

2nd Sep 14 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I don't get is why they make them do these speeches. It's not like anyone is going to believe it, are they? It's ridiculous. WTF is the enemy getting from it? Everyone watching knows that he's being made to say it and that he doesn't mean it.
p

2nd Sep 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same person as last time. Trying to edit the voice borders on farcical.
Ben G

2nd Sep 14 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy knowing that he's so cowardly he feels the need to cover 99% of his body. How pathetic.
Tiger

2nd Sep 14 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's something remarkably professional about the videos, the panning scenes and set up. Something just doesn't ring true with them, like we are being duped by a video set up in a studio or something. It looks more like a scene of a film rather than some sand lovers in the desert.
Jambo

3rd Sep 14 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So before the Foldy video less than 20% of the US was for the drone strikes, now after these videos over 75% of Americans are for the drone strikes

Terrorists
Marc

3rd Sep 14 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Some others show pain a bit, but oddly, not a lot of yelling and screaming.

I think a lot of that is down to the bad quality. The sound is usually quite bad and there is static.
Marc

3rd Sep 14 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'm with the some kind of nuke/total annihilation option.

That was my thoughts on the previous page.

Controversially maybe, but if nuking the place and killing thousands/millions of innocents prevents these type of things happening again in the future it might not be such a bad thing.

I know thats sounds ridiculous but the longer politions/army leaders sit back and refuse to bow down to these demands it will keep on happening. May also sort out the minority threat at home as they would be stuck here.
JonnyJ

3rd Sep 14 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'm with the some kind of nuke/total annihilation option.

That was my thoughts on the previous page.

Controversially maybe, but if nuking the place and killing thousands/millions of innocents prevents these type of things happening again in the future it might not be such a bad thing.

I know thats sounds ridiculous but the longer politions/army leaders sit back and refuse to bow down to these demands it will keep on happening. May also sort out the minority threat at home as they would be stuck here.

Yeah, because everyone who has radical ideology all lives in one area that could be taken out by a bomb. Think about it for a second. The very reason we're in this situation is because we got involved and started killing innocents in the first place.

It's an idea you're trying to kill, not people. An idea that's all too easy to preach to people when they can show them images of us bombing the fuck out of their people.

[Edited on 03-09-2014 by JonnyJ]
Marc

3rd Sep 14 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another option is to not go over there and let them continue killing themselves and leave them to it.

Ignorance is bliss afterall.

But we can't just keep pubilcally condemning them and then not doing anything about it.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Official War on Islamic State Thread (formerly "Jeez, here we go again") 22 database queries in 0.0960770 seconds