corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shades

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shades
gooner_47

User status: Offline
6th Aug 14 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you got?

I like a "normal" style, nothing fancy or attention grabbing. Thinking probably aviators are the way to go. I'll get to a shop and try some on at the weekend.

These are nice: http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/ray-ban/3025-aviator/black-00258-polarised/3921.aspx
Jason x
Premium Member

6th Aug 14 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summer guide to style

MarkM

7th Aug 14 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ray Ban's 4147 Havana Light with polarised lenses.
Tiger

7th Aug 14 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always had Oakleys but on that same note, I've lost or damaged every pair of glasses I've owned, probably to the sum of around £600, so now I just buy cheap shit.
andy1868

7th Aug 14 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set of wayfarers in black or tortoise shell. Classy but not in your face. Aviators are a good shout too, I always find I ruin aviators and I think it's because of their curved shape. The wayfarers this year are faring better so far
Balling
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 06:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*cracks fingers*

I own the following Oakely models.

Square Wire 2.0

A-Wire 2.0

Spike, Titanium

Canteen

Whisker

Crosshair, Ducati

Nano Wire 2.0

Straight Jacket 2.0

XX

Frogskins

Scalpel, Ducati

Flak Jacket, MLB Boston Red Sox

Fuel Cell, Infinite Hero

Nic Barnes

7th Aug 14 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just buy £1 ones. I know that's not a very big dog Internet reply but I always lose them.
Balling
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
that's not a very big dog Internet reply
It's also a completely pointless exercise as they'll likely be worse for your eyes than not wearing any at all.

As you ride MTB you should seriously consider getting a pair of exchangeable lens glasses and maybe three different pairs of lenses for different weather conditions. You'll be amazed how much the right lens can do.
Something like Oakley Flak Jacket or Half Jacket isn't very expensive at all.

Dom

7th Aug 14 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a pair of tortoise-shell Enclave Twenty Twenty's (Kickstarter product), bloody good for $30 all-in -

[Edited on 07-08-2014 by Dom]
John

7th Aug 14 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of pairs of Oakley. Almost bought ray bans recently but then picked a pair up and went straight back to Oakley. Not sure why people buy anything other than Oakley.
John

7th Aug 14 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
It's also a completely pointless exercise as they'll likely be worse for your eyes than not wearing any at all.

As you ride MTB you should seriously consider getting a pair of exchangeable lens glasses and maybe three different pairs of lenses for different weather conditions. You'll be amazed how much the right lens can do.

Agree with balling, 6k bike and you haven't worked out that a proper pair of glasses, which cost a small fraction of that, will protect your eyes. Bit of an ignorant reply.
Balling
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Almost bought ray bans recently but then picked a pair up
Well, obviously I'm completely biased, but I've always found the build quality of RayBans horrible. The ever popular aviators in particular.

Their mirror finish lenses are also impossible to keep clean.

Marc

7th Aug 14 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are similar to this but in more of a gun metal colour -

[Edited on 07-08-2014 by Marc]
GB123
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they'll likely be worse for your eyes than not wearing any at all..

How?
Balling
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to mention I've been testing out a pair of Ryders that was given to me and I hate to admit it, but they're actually suprisingly good.

Lovely lens with great contrast, plastic frame seems very good quality.

Balling
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
How?
1£ shades will just be tinted glass with hardly any UV protection.

Your pupils will open up more to let in more light, which results in letting in more damaging UV rays as well.

For any extreme sport, like mountain biking, I'd also say that shatter proof glass is an absolute necessity. Taking a fall is always going to hurt, but if you end up with shards of glass/plastic in your eyes, it's going to be even less fun.

Lastly is the optical perfomance of the glass. Glass distorts light (and hence vision) and there's no way around that. Propper shades however are designed to minimise this distortion, making sure that things appear to be where they actually are.

Baskey

7th Aug 14 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do we need UV protection in the uk? What damage have I done to my eyes by not wearing sunglasses?
Generation

7th Aug 14 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can everybody please stop saying "shades"
Balling
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
Why do we need UV protection in the uk? What damage have I done to my eyes by not wearing sunglasses?
For most people (not all) eyes will deteriorate over time. UV light will help this deterioration to happen faster.

Some eye disorders can also be delayed or prevented entirely by blocking UV light.

Obviously sunglasses are more important on sunny days, but a cloud cover doesn't protect you from UV light.

Cavey

7th Aug 14 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oakley spikes Balling
Balling
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Oakley spikes Balling
Love those. After the Crosshairs they're my favourite model ever.

The titanium frame is quite sturdy as well. I took a knee to the face in a game of beach volley while wearing these. Got a bruise around one eye in the shape of the frame, and they were knocked clean off my face, but still looked as new.

Nic Barnes

7th Aug 14 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i use safety glases i only ride xc, im not a downhill type so its mostly to stop midgies and flies getting in my eyes rather than anything else.
Nic Barnes

7th Aug 14 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
quote:

Agree with balling, 6k bike and you haven't worked out that a proper pair of glasses, which cost a small fraction of that, will protect your eyes. Bit of an ignorant reply.
as stated above this reply, i have a pair of dewalt safety glasses. cost me £2 and stop things going in my eyes
Steve
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you need expensive shades to ride a bike
Nic Barnes

7th Aug 14 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Why do you need expensive shades to ride a bike
kinda what i was thinking tbh

[Edited on 07-08-2014 by Nic Barnes]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shades 23 database queries in 0.1855490 seconds