corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shades

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shades
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Aug 14 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on my second pair of these in about 3 months Lost my first pair in a rental car in Louisiana when rushing for a flight, then had 2 days before flying to Miami and only place I could buy sunglasses was in the airport - so just bought the same ones.

I'm really not impressed with the quality of the Ray Ban glasses that I've fondled in the shops, I chose these because they're polarized (good for fishing) and they feel somewhat sturdy. The aviators feel like they're going to bend/fall apart in my hands and the "traditional" ray ban style ones don't hold my face well enough for any kind of outdoor activity.

Will take my time and shop for some decent Oakley's when I get chance I think - or when I lose these ones

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

7th Aug 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got these in the states last year as a needed some....only had $100 left so I made do

Oakley Fives Squared
richardworrall
Premium Member

7th Aug 14 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a few pairs of aldi £3 special buys for me, dont give a damn if drop em or scratch em. Perfect for riding in.
Joe

7th Aug 14 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oakleys are really horrendous looking sunglasses.
John

7th Aug 14 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do styles which match just about all of the fashion ones, including aviators and wayfarers which the cool kids apparently wear.
Marc

7th Aug 14 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just Googled mine and they are still £130+. I paid that 11 years ago!
kz

7th Aug 14 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Couple of pairs of Oakley. Almost bought ray bans recently but then picked a pair up and went straight back to Oakley. Not sure why people buy anything other than Oakley.

I used to own a couple of pairs of Oakleys... sold them, and now own a couple of pairs of Ray-Ban's! I don't know what it is, for me I think Oakley has become a bit 'geek' over the years. No offence meant to anyone, I actually still have regular glasses made my Oakley. Oh and I have some Police sunglasses too which I actually really like but they feel quite cheap compared to Ray-Ban and their customer service is awful!

These are the ones I rock most of the time...

My Police ones...

The others are actually regular glasses with reaction lenses, so still worn as sunglasses, although tbh I'm not sure I'd go for that again as there's always a slight tint even when you're inside!

SVM 286

8th Aug 14 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gooner_47
What you got?

I like a "normal" style, nothing fancy or attention grabbing. Thinking probably aviators are the way to go. I'll get to a shop and try some on at the weekend.

These are nice: http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/ray-ban/3025-aviator/black-00258-polarised/3921.aspx

I have these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6F2dhmD75k

And these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rb8029k-Aviator-Polarized-Titanium-Sunglasses/dp/B002HW5MEI

Also got a lovely pair of high quality replica Wayfarers in tortoiseshell that i've had since I was sixteen and actually wore one hinge out on from so much wear over the years. Lovely fit, comfort and material, but need repairing so can't wear em at the mo.

The ones I wear the most are a pair of Rodenstock Aviator style specs that are a dark amber/brown tint with gold plates frames. I wear them the most because they were only about eighty quid and have a hard case so they won't get wrecked.

They have a decent sized lens too, so are excellent for driving.
SVM 286

8th Aug 14 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling

Canteen

Frogskins

Liking those two Mister B

Incidentally, the most amazing sunglasses i've ever used were a pair of Killer Loops that belonged to a pal about 17 years ago. I used them on the beach in incredible weather at the height of summer. The polarisation was amazing.

You could look directly at the sun in them (silly I know, but quite the test of their performance). I wish i'd made a note of the model.

They were satin silver metal frames in a wraparound style a bit like some Oakleys, with silver mirrored lenses and came in a hard, formed black leather case with a popper button on a hinged flap.

Incredible bit of kit and i'd recommend them to anyone.
Balling
Premium Member

8th Aug 14 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
Liking those two Mister B

The Canteens are fanstastic. Very light and a lovely snug fit. Weren't in production for very long as far as I recall, so you don't see them too often.

The Frogskins were mostly bought as a prop for an 80's party and not something I'd actually wear out in public.

Marc

8th Aug 14 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother used to have a pair of clear/grey Frogskins. They are a classic pair of glasses I think.
John

8th Aug 14 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lenses in the frogskins aren't as good as the rest of the range.
tom130691
Premium Member

8th Aug 14 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

I'm on my second pair of these in about 3 months Lost my first pair in a rental car in Louisiana when rushing for a flight, then had 2 days before flying to Miami and only place I could buy sunglasses was in the airport - so just bought the same ones.

I'm really not impressed with the quality of the Ray Ban glasses that I've fondled in the shops, I chose these because they're polarized (good for fishing) and they feel somewhat sturdy. The aviators feel like they're going to bend/fall apart in my hands and the "traditional" ray ban style ones don't hold my face well enough for any kind of outdoor activity.

Will take my time and shop for some decent Oakley's when I get chance I think - or when I lose these ones

what are they? was just thinking i need some for fishing
Steve
Premium Member

8th Aug 14 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50 shades of gay in here
Wrighty_1988

8th Aug 14 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of people saying £1 sunglasses are shit for your eyes, they are no different to mega expensive designer ones in level of protection.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1286594/Eyes-safer-sunglasses-From-designer-chainstore-brands-offer-best-protection.html

Am gonna check out some of those frog skins though.
Russ

8th Aug 14 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daily mail
Wrighty_1988

8th Aug 14 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
daily mail

Any other source you'd rather have?, or you just in the crowd of saying 'daily mail flol' whenever it is mentioned because all cool people seem to.
boylers11

8th Aug 14 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty_1988
Loads of people saying £1 sunglasses are shit for your eyes, they are no different to mega expensive designer ones in level of protection.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1286594/Eyes-safer-sunglasses-From-designer-chainstore-brands-offer-best-protection.html

Am gonna check out some of those frog skins though.

^ that is a load of nonsense (not just the report, but also what you say about £1 ones being as good as expensive ones).
I would beg to differ on numerous points there.

[Edited on 08-08-2014 by boylers11]
Wrighty_1988

8th Aug 14 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a pair of 1 quid sunglasses comes with a uv400 or ce rating the same as raybans at 120 quid, in levels of protection there isnt a difference (quality of stuff will be diff but i said uv protection). Companies cant lie to you and put stickers on just anything.
boylers11

8th Aug 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The levels of protection can be different. Ok, so the UVA/UVB filtering properties may be the same, but that's completely different to protection. The technology in lenses like Oakley and especially Maui Jims is at the opposite end of the protection spectrum to some Primark specials.
MarkM

9th Aug 14 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wearing mine today. Polarised lenses are superb when driving.
Russ

9th Aug 14 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they daily mail tested to the power of 8 suns?
Marc

9th Aug 14 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty_1988
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
daily mail

Any other source you'd rather have?, or you just in the crowd of saying 'daily mail flol' whenever it is mentioned because all cool people seem to.

Well he has a point. Horrible newspaper, terrible journalism and I wouldn't trust what they wrote if they said Steve heard it on TalkSport first.
Jambo

9th Aug 14 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to have a fair few pairs of Oakleys, which at being sunglasses where bloody fantastic but looked like a massive twat wearing them so sold them on.

Got two pairs of raybans and want more, currently have aviators and wayfarers. Really want outdoorsman and clubmasters!

Like the Frogskin Oakleys, they are neat.
Russ

9th Aug 14 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have wayfarers and aviators, live in the latter, any excuse to wear them, you need a manly face to pull them off, hence why so many feminine men hate them /bait

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shades 23 database queries in 0.1971600 seconds