corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  25    26    27    28    29    30    31  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th May 15 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you had your tracking done since lowering it?
Jason x
Premium Member

30th May 15 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate I've had it done before and it was fine for a while, probably been knocked out by all the massive pot holes around here
oJNAo
Premium Member

30th May 15 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's alright then, I had my tracking done by a hunter system and it's been spot on since
Jason x
Premium Member

30th May 15 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was fine until fairly recently, not too expensive to get it done though just need to make sure I don't going over any massive pot holes

[Edited on 30-05-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

30th May 15 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah pot holes and speed bumps at speed are the worst, makes me wince every time I miss one

Arches are looking good, are they easy to take off/put back on?
Jason x
Premium Member

30th May 15 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy to get off, not that easy to get off without breaking the clips though
oJNAo
Premium Member

30th May 15 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I'll be gentle when I get round to doing mine then haha, see a lot on Facebook that screw/bolt/tigerseal them on which looks messy imo
oJNAo
Premium Member

30th May 15 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True my spoiler's on with only Tigerseal, at least you won't see it unlike bolts
anthcorsa

30th May 15 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
True my spoiler's on with only Tigerseal, at least you won't see it unlike bolts

you wouldn't see bolts either to be honest. I know a guy who bonded a spoiler on years ago and some side-skirts and they both fell off on a motorway, personally i'd get some arches with the clips intact to be honest, wouldn't risk it. As always jason, good work!
gidged500
Premium Member

30th May 15 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horn worked on mine you have to wire it in though
Jason x
Premium Member

2nd Jun 15 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, had a change of plans after this weekend. As you will see the posts/pictures about painting bumpers and arches have disappeared after somewhat of a rage quit .... basically while doing the second coat of the 3rd arch something landed on it AGAIN (this is after the same thing happened to the front bumper last week) so i waited for it to dry flattened down the area but then decided i wasn't going to waste any more money on paint only for it to keep having to be rubbed back down and done again really needs to be done inside and i just don't have anywhere to do it.

I ordered a single rear arch to replace the one i took off (broke the clips) and started looking for a new front bumper (the top of mines been rubbed down) so i could put the car back to how it was before.

Soon changed my mind though as i do want gloss black done, so got it touch with a local bodyshop and have arranged for it all to be painted properly just need to get the rear bumper off and get a full set of new arches (so clips will be intact) then it can be dropped off to be done

Also, i took my car to garage today to get my horn sorted.. they told me the reason it wasn't working was because there wasn't a live for it as its the wrong boss (one for a non airbag corsa) so i got them to fit a switch for me to allow me to still use the horn.

works nicely

[Edited on 02-06-2015 by Jason x]
gidged500
Premium Member

3rd Jun 15 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure that was an airbag boss I had it on my v reg White Corsa b and my black one horn worked on both of them and I know the black one had an airbag.

Least you sorted it though
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jun 15 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked out cheaper to just keep this Boss and have the switch done

[Edited on 04-06-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jun 15 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This cars starting to get on my wick, decided i'd remove the drivers side rear arch as they are all coming off now in prep for when new ones are done and I find this....

Rotten

Should be dropping new arches and front and rear bumper off to be painted Monday if new arches arrive by then... Also need to get this sorted now I'd imagine it needs cutting out as I can poke through the rust

[Edited on 04-06-2015 by Jason x]
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Jun 15 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's exactly what happened to mine just the rust on my b was far worse , you'll be able to get that repaired
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jun 15 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully mate, just means more time and money before I can get the Car back together

Also got my MOT due this month, don't even know if it will pass like this?
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Jun 15 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hoping to not find this kind of stuff when I check mine over before my MOT in August

The rot shouldn't be a fail on the arches, although may be an advisory if they can see it when the trim is back on
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jun 15 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might velcro the old trim on or something for the MOT as I want it sorted properly before I screw new arches back on
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jun 15 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And my advise would be don't go looking for rust
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Jun 15 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A quick bodge for MOT sounds ideal haha, it sucks not being able to do more on mine
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jun 15 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why can't you do more bud?

Yours looks tidy as it is anyway, mines look shit outside at the moment should be worth it when it's all done though

[Edited on 05-06-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

5th Jun 15 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I leave my current job tomorrow and have to skimp until August/September when I hopefully start my new one.

Shame about the bumpers, you were getting a nice finish on the arch trims. I got quoted around £100 to get mine sanded down and done gloss black.
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jun 15 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's around what I'll be paying to have mine done, really hoping my arches come tomorrow so I can drop everything off Monday

Probably be a while yet before everything back together though because of this rot

[Edited on 05-06-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

6th Jun 15 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little more done today,

more rot found

got a rear bumper to put on in the meantime

set of new arches arrived, front and rear bumper all cleaned ready to be taken to be painted

[Edited on 06-06-2015 by Jason x]
Generation

6th Jun 15 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs went under rear arch (same side) and decided just to scrap it. Was rotten all over really

<<  25    26    27    28    29    30    31  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 23 database queries in 0.0192230 seconds