corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » removing door strips

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author removing door strips
john_redtop

User status: Offline
30th Jul 14 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all I wanna remove my door strips just wanna know if people have found any easy ways of removing the glue I've had a search about and the best way I've found is to use some fishing wire to remove the strip and a toffee wheel to remove the glue just wondered if any had any other ways of doing it

Cheers
tom130691
Premium Member

30th Jul 14 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heat gun
R Lee

30th Jul 14 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Household items work well

Hair dryer,
Dental floss,
Credit card,
Petrol,
Elbow grease
johnny86
Premium Member

30th Jul 14 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used one of them little sponges where it's got a green bit on and flash kitchen cleaner
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jul 14 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
I used one of them little sponges where it's got a green bit on and flash kitchen cleaner

Not if you like your paint!
johnny86
Premium Member

30th Jul 14 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used sponge side lol was try a explain though.
john_redtop

30th Jul 14 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads I'll give them a go
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 14 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

white spirit,

and no as long as your doors aren't sprayed with Halfords rattle cans it wont harm the paint
Jed D

30th Jul 14 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

auto glym tar remover and an old bank card....

also, if your left with the faded grey line in the paint once their off, use a few kettles of boiling water and pour it on in the same place, slowly moving along till they disappear.
john_redtop

1st Aug 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started doing this tonight only managed to get one rear quarter one off due to rain but went well I used fishing wire to remove it then went over it briefly with a toffee/caramel wheel to take the big bits off glue off I then put some tar remover on a sponge and soaked it on to the glue and whent back over with the toffee/caramel wheel and it came off a treat with the glue soaked in tar remover. I had to do the kettle bit Jed mentioned and the paint came up fine I then gave it a quick polish and now you wouldn't even be able to tell I will add pics tomorrow once the whole car is done
john_redtop

2nd Aug 14 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

screen grab[/url[url=http://postimage.org/]
image hosting 20mb[/url[url=http://postimage.org/]
screenshot tool

Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd Aug 14 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hair dryer and just take your time pulling it back worked for me on all occasions
pro8186

10th Aug 14 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanted to remove the strips off my car but was always curious if there were clip holes in the door panels, are these strips just held on by sticky strips on all corsa sports.
johnny86
Premium Member

10th Aug 14 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks much better

New Poll