corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing Door Strips.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing Door Strips.....
thomasjob

User status: Offline
24th Aug 03 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i removed my bump strips 2day, and only sum glue game off with the strip so i just heated the glue and then just peel it off, took about an hour to do each side. i got fade marks where they used2 be, guess these will come off after a coupla rounds of t-cut??
glasgow_corsa_c

25th Aug 03 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thomasjob
i removed my bump strips 2day, and only sum glue game off with the strip so i just heated the glue and then just peel it off, took about an hour to do each side. i got fade marks where they used2 be, guess these will come off after a coupla rounds of t-cut??

nah mate...they wil be there for ages!!

U cant see mine, untill its under a garage light..then u can see the wee lines runin along the doors.
Noonster

25th Aug 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its the same with the back..... are the ones on the side a little more obvious?? and will they ever disapear??

Also - how easy is it to change the vauxhall badge to the irmscher badge??
mike16v

25th Aug 03 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fade lines wont fade, doubt t cut wil make much difference either
Noonster

25th Aug 03 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So when someone looks at the car they will see the faded marks then?? or will it have to be under certain light and look really closely??

Is it worth takeing them off then, or would it be best to just colour code them??
mike16v

25th Aug 03 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it totally depends mate, the fade marks vary from car to car. sum people get em bad that are obvious to see, and others dont get em at all. they can be removed but u need one of them big buffing machines
Noonster

25th Aug 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I will have a go at taking them off then I think...... and if the marks that are left are really bad then I will have to go down to the local bodyshop and ask them to remove the fade morks for me, should only cost about an hours work for them to remove them right??
glasgow_corsa_c

25th Aug 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
it totally depends mate, the fade marks vary from car to car. sum people get em bad that are obvious to see, and others dont get em at all. they can be removed but u need one of them big buffing machines

if u look at my car u cant see them.

but when it was in on the garage ramps getitnthe exhaust done, u could see the lines runnin along the car. Depends onthe light and stuff. mine are only noticable under 'garage' light
mike16v

25th Aug 03 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know thats y i sed it varies, as u can hardly see urs, but mine were very noticable
Noonster

25th Aug 03 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colours your car, you can see the colour of mine in my garage, do you think i will get away with it??

I have 3mins before I have to go and take them off, as Im going out this afternoon...

SO leave them on/or take them off??
mike16v

25th Aug 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up2 u, mines black, if they come off and it looks bad, u cud always put em back on with double sided tape
Noonster

25th Aug 03 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did yours look ok then??
m-dot

25th Aug 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose it depends on how old the car is, if u take em off a brand new car, u wont get any marks, older cars i think you would
Noonster

25th Aug 03 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the cars 3-4 weeks old, so i guess that counts as new??, but it was made in may... so still newish??

Guess I will just have to take them off and hope for the best. if it looks bad then I will just have to get the bodyshop to sort it out, or colour-code them and stick them back on.
mike16v

25th Aug 03 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine were pretty bad on passenger side, but perfect drivers side. got a m8 at a BS to use the buffing machine and it got rid of the marks
Noonster

25th Aug 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate , I will take them off myself now, if I do get stupid marks then I will jsut have to book the car into a bodyshop so they can buff it up. If I dont get any marks then nice one

Will let you all know what happens....

I reckon I should be ok as the car is still fairly new.
mike16v

25th Aug 03 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, gud luck fella
Noonster

25th Aug 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right Ive got them off, no problem at all.... came off really easy. Easier than expected to be honest..... cant take any pics tonight though, as the bateries are dead in the camera, but I will definatly take some 2mora and get them posted.

Looks alot better IMO
Cheers for the advice guys.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll