corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Second thoughts about bump strips.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Second thoughts about bump strips.
MikeH

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just removed the 1.2 part of my rear badge (should stop people assumning i'm doing slow even when i'm doing 90mph)

I used surgical spirit to remove the glue remains, which did the trick ok.. was a bit worried that the cloth i used went a little red with my paint though!

Anyway, the area under the 1.2 is allot brighter than the surounding paintwork.

If i remove the side bump strips i'll definately have bright red stripes down the car!

I'll Tcut the back and see if the place were the badge was becomes invisible and then decide if removing a much larger area such as the side strips is worth it.
R Lee

2nd Sep 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeH
I've just removed the 1.2 part of my rear badge (should stop people assumning i'm doing slow even when i'm doing 90mph)

I used surgical spirit to remove the glue remains, which did the trick ok.. was a bit worried that the cloth i used went a little red with my paint though!

Anyway, the area under the 1.2 is allot brighter than the surounding paintwork.

If i remove the side bump strips i'll definately have bright red stripes down the car!

I'll Tcut the back and see if the place were the badge was becomes invisible and then decide if removing a much larger area such as the side strips is worth it.

yeah, i had problems doing my brothers car with the strips. the glue might've had a reaction with the lacquer or paint and its left big lines down the door. i wouldn't take them off unless your spraying the doors again or spraying the door strips and putting them back on.
MikeH

2nd Sep 03 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a shame but i might have to just use bumper black on them.. instead of colour coding.

New Poll