corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police Records

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police Records
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 14 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
More importantly, what you buying when your ticket comes through!?

Either a Browning Ultra XT High Rib or a B725 Black Edition - I'll need an adjustable stock with either of them.

High rib? Wanting to shoot trap?

I've been looking at a 725 black for a while. Thinking of choping mine in for one.

RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad's got a B725 (<<< ) but not a black so if I get one, it'll have to be a black edition but I used a friends Ultra XT last week on Skeet and Olympic Trap and did better than I've ever done so I think a high rib just suits my stele better. Can't decide at all though. Might go for the Ultra XT no rib as a good middle of the road gun.

[Edited on 02-07-2014 by RichR]
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What have you got?
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett 686. If you shoot well with a high rib try raising the comb on a normal gun so you see plenty of rib.
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beretta *
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop searching for your name
taylorboosh

2nd Jul 14 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to the OP... You had a house party yet didnt drink?
gazza808

2nd Jul 14 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Do you know if I can apply for my licence but to have the gun at my brothers as he has a nice big gun cabinet?

It also means if you ever do report a crime at your house, they turn out in minutes as there is a licensed weapon on site and they'll send a firearms officer out regardless.

Who told you this myth?

Parents have had a cabinet full of shot guns for as long as I remember, had to call the police out a couple of times not once have they been there with in an hour or firearms officers.
kz

2nd Jul 14 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police records fuck me off... me and a couple of mates made a fire in a small bin when we were 17 to keep warm on a freezing night. Yes okay it was stupid, but I'm 29 now and it's still on my record as 'arson'
taylorboosh

2nd Jul 14 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're there for a reason tbh
kz

2nd Jul 14 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still have to declare it when applying for a job in the NHS! I hate it... never so much as spoke to the law since I was 18, and I really feel it gives off the wrong impression of me to employers
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Back to the OP... You had a house party yet didnt drink?

It was 13 years ago but I'm fairly sure I had two coronas around 4/5 hours prior to being arrested at 0300hrs which tallies with the 10mg reading at the station.
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Do you know if I can apply for my licence but to have the gun at my brothers as he has a nice big gun cabinet?

It also means if you ever do report a crime at your house, they turn out in minutes as there is a licensed weapon on site and they'll send a firearms officer out regardless.

Who told you this myth?

Parents have had a cabinet full of shot guns for as long as I remember, had to call the police out a couple of times not once have they been there with in an hour or firearms officers.

The firearms officer, maybe it's crime dependant?
kz

3rd Jul 14 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
That's because it's the NHS and you'll have the enhanced CRB check. Same as if you were a teacher and certain other jobs. Loads of people have been in trouble in some capacity, most people were idiots when they were younger!

I know... piss take though.
Conway563

3rd Jul 14 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
I still have to declare it when applying for a job in the NHS! I hate it... never so much as spoke to the law since I was 18, and I really feel it gives off the wrong impression of me to employers

I've found as long as you're honest with them it's never been an issue
I have stuff on my record from when I was younger but it's never been a problem when I've had CRB checks for working with kids or got my SC security clearance for looking at government stuff marked secret
JordyCarter

3rd Jul 14 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont even get why you would have a record if it was your friends etc? As you didnt actually do anything did you?
RichR
Premium Member

5th Jul 14 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
More importantly, what you buying when your ticket comes through!?

Either a Browning Ultra XT High Rib or a B725 Black Edition - I'll need an adjustable stock with either of them.

of choping mine in for one.

Just bought a Browning Ultra XTR but not a high rib - picking it up at 4pm.
John

5th Jul 14 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you need an excuse to buy one of these or just apply for a licence and get one?
Dave

5th Jul 14 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shotguns you just get a license then get the gun, I think for rifles you need to have a reason though.
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jul 14 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff! Not keen on the black comb though.
RichR
Premium Member

5th Jul 14 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, in the interview with the firearms officer I had to give a reasoned argument for having one and access to land or a club where I could shoot but it wasn't exhaustive by any means.

I agree Gary, not my first choice but I couldn't say no at the price I've paid; I can live with the black comb for now until I get it set perfectly and then the place I bought it from can do custom stocks so I'm might get them to make one up once I'm happy with the position of the adjustable.
John

5th Jul 14 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite fancy one now I've seen how easy it is and how nice guns are. Wouldn't last long when the gun came out to show everyone after a day of drinking though.
RichR
Premium Member

6th Jul 14 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm reasonably lucky in that Staffordshire Police are turning around applications inside a month whereas just a cross the border in Cheshire, the wait is 8 months. It'll largely depend on your local constabulary.

[Edited on 06-07-2014 by RichR]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police Records 22 database queries in 0.1909771 seconds