corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police Records

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police Records
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jul 14 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can these be amended or can you have information erased?

When I was 17 I was arrested for drink driving, long story short, I'd not been drinking or driving and I was in bed when they came to arrest me. I blew a sample at home and was told I was positive but when I got to the station, I blew a reading of 10ml/100mg so way below the legal limit. There's more to it and I ended up in court on 30+ charges but I was found not guilty.

Fast forward to this morning, I had the firearm's office round to interview me ahead of issuing my Shotgun Certificate and he had all of the details of the above on my permanent record. It didn't make mention that although I'd been arrested for drinking, I had in fact given a negative reading at the station and also didn't mention that I'd been found not guilty of all charges made against me - in essence, anyone making this type of search would find this arrest record.

Can this be amended? I don't want to find in the future that I don't get a job or working visa or access onto naval bases for example on the basis that this comes up on a search.
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Online
1st Jul 14 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must have been a good night if you don't remember driving

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
RichR
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd had friends round one night who bought their boyfriends; everyone left - next thing, I get a knock on the door at 3am and get arrested for drink driving. Turns out, they'd lifted the keys to mum's car, come back later, nicked it and crashed it; the police found them in the car but they in turn said I'd crashed it and gone home; I got arrested - ultimately, turns out the guy that the police found sat in the driver's seat with a dislocated shoulder and smashed up face had been driving it all along!

[Edited on 01-07-2014 by RichR]
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What your Firearms officer bothered by it?
RichR
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, although he did question it. Thinking more long term if it goes against me for work visas etc.
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, seems strange that it's there still tbh
johnny86
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that I'd love mine to be erased
Y869 SRA

1st Jul 14 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
I'd had friends round one night who bought their boyfriends; everyone left - next thing, I get a knock on the door at 3am and get arrested for drink driving. Turns out, they'd lifted the keys to mum's car, come back later, nicked it and crashed it; the police found them in the car but they in turn said I'd crashed it and gone home; I got arrested - ultimately, turns out the guy that the police found sat in the driver's seat with a dislocated shoulder and smashed up face had been driving it all along!

[Edited on 01-07-2014 by RichR]

Geeze, some friends!
RichR
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should have said 'friends' loosely!!
ed

1st Jul 14 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arrests and cautions stay on forever as they're not covered by the rehabilitation act (or whatever it's called). This has always baffled me as if you get charged and convicted then this gets wiped after 10yrs or so.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its annoying as they we unfounded at the time - ignoring the ones which lead to a charge and court appearance, I was actually arrested for drink driving yet when I got to the station my sample was negative - it is ridiculous therefore that it stays on a record. On the same basis someone falsely accused or arrested on suspicion but later released without charge is in exactly the same situation.
ed

1st Jul 14 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
Ed, you may be slightly mistaken. They still stay on your record though, regardless of whether or not they're spent. There will still be a Police record for you if you had a minor conviction from 20 years ago, even if its spent. PNC will list any and all arrests/convictions/not guilty verdicts, no matter how old.

Ah I see
Nic Barnes

1st Jul 14 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah nothing gets erased. It's there forever.
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More importantly, what you buying when your ticket comes through!?
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really need to get my application sent off before it gets much harder to get it.

Just got my perfect gun dog aswell.

Do you know if I can apply for my licence but to have the gun at my brothers as he has a nice big gun cabinet?
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
No, although he did question it. Thinking more long term if it goes against me for work visas etc.

If it was actually a guilty drink driving incident, would he have rejected your license? Want to get mine done but I was convicted 9 years ago. Young and stupid etc.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have thought suicidal tendencies would go down well when applying to own a gun
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graeme , yeah you can so long as he has his cert and you put the gun on both your certs then your all good. You can't have keys for his cab though if there are guns in there that aren't on your ticket

[Edited on 01-07-2014 by Gary]
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I wouldn't have thought suicidal tendencies would go down well when applying to own a gun

I was deemed sane at the time.
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Graeme , yeah you can so long as he has his cert and you put the gun on both your certs then your all good. You can't have keys for his cab though if there are guns in there that aren't on your ticket

[Edited on 01-07-2014 by Gary]

Yeah he has a few guns an obviously a licence. Just want to get my licence for now and then worry about a gun later.
3CorsaMeal

1st Jul 14 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get an air rifle and learn a true skill.
_Allan_

1st Jul 14 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be driven to tears if they didn't remove it. For every breath you take being 10ml/100mg is a joke.
Send them a message in a bottle to sort it asap.
Post back when you're walking on the moon and it's all fixed.
SVM 286

2nd Jul 14 at 04:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a lot of Synchronicity there Allan.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
More importantly, what you buying when your ticket comes through!?

Either a Browning Ultra XT High Rib or a B725 Black Edition - I'll need an adjustable stock with either of them.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Do you know if I can apply for my licence but to have the gun at my brothers as he has a nice big gun cabinet?

As far as I know yes but you'd have to add the gun to his license as well in order that he could have it in his possession for more than 72hours. That said, I've just bought a 4 gun cabinet for a little over £100 and a key safe for £15. I have been warned that my missus (and anyone else for that matter) without a gun license, can't have access to the keys or safe so it'd be worth double checking with your local constabulary firearm's officer.

It also means if you ever do report a crime at your house, they turn out in minutes as there is a licensed weapon on site and they'll send a firearms officer out regardless.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police Records 23 database queries in 0.0142550 seconds