corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » z20let getting hot quickly, pipes hard

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author z20let getting hot quickly, pipes hard
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jun 14 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having problems with the temperature of my z20let.

whats the running temperature of these engines? mine gets to about 90-92 within 5 miles and the pipes get quite hard. sometimes the coolant light comes on the dash and fan kicks in.

done a sniffer test which was negative, changed thermostat and header cap and still no change. did notice the numbers 92 on the new thermostat so i assume it doesn't open till 92? no good if the fans kicking in and the thermostat hasn't even opened? any ideas?
monkeytwizzel

25th Jun 14 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your pipes are still getting hard then pointing towards head gasket failure.
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Jun 14 at 06:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that 5 miles is in traffic, then I wouldn't worry. Once up to temp the hoses will be hard. Does it lose water?

New Poll