corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Overheating/temp problems :( UPDATE

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Overheating/temp problems :( UPDATE
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jul 08 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE!!

When i checked the water yesterday it was fine.. Ran the car to 95c, took the cap off and it started boiling turned the car off and there was no water in the header tank.. so i topped it up, put the lid on and started the car again..

Temp gauge started going up and when it got to about 97c the fan kicked in

Let it warm up and cool twice with the fan..
Turned it off and let it cool a minute, checked the water and its fine.

So my question is.. Does airlock caurse the fan not to work?

Jake.
luke85

24th Jul 08 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The water will boil if you take the cap off while its hot so dont worry about that. Also your fan is working normally.

An airlock is generally not very well understood on cars, a real airlock is when the pump is in an air pocket and it cant pump air so no water circulates. once the water starts moving around the engine and bubble are bled out by the pipe from the top of the rad back to the header tank. So no, if you had an air lock your fan wouldnt come on and your heaters would blow cold.

As for your problem of temp going up while your driving Id check for anything stuck in front of your radiator, then swap the thermostat and if they fail then change the radiator
Jakey
Premium Member

24th Jul 08 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Luke

Like i said after i 'sorted' it i went for a drive (about 2miles) and it stayed just below 90c, where it usually does.

TBH the fans are still blowing hot air when im driving, but there not as hot as they were when the temp was rising whilst driving.
luke85

24th Jul 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swap the thermostat dude, theyre not expensive and thats the most likely cause

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll