corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fl;ippin Airlock's !!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fl;ippin Airlock's !!
greenelephant

User status: Offline
4th Apr 06 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everybody

I'gve got a T reg corsa B. And I suspect that I may have an airlock in my cooling system. There are fortunately no leaks in my coolant system. And I dont think my thermostat is faulty but everytime I drive away in my car for about 5 mins from when I start my engine overheats and the heater inside my car doesnt heat up as well as it does before (reason 2 believe I have an airlock) I know you have to bleed the cooling system using various points/valves located throughout the cooling system but I dont know where they are. Also should I leave the engine running hen i am bleeding the system or not???

thanx!
corsastev

4th Apr 06 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it could only be two things an air lock like you said or the thermostat sticking shut unless your rad is blocked
greenelephant

4th Apr 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can I find the bleeding valves though?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Apr 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

run the engine up to temp then remove the coolant bottle cap. run it till it bubbles over for about 20 seconds. let it cool down, top up coolant whaen cold.

job done.
greenelephant

4th Apr 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shall I remove the cooling system tank cap before or during the engine is on?
Jake

4th Apr 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
run the engine up to temp then remove the coolant bottle cap. run it till it bubbles over for about 20 seconds. let it cool down, top up coolant whaen cold.

job done.

It's that easy?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Apr 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes easy as that. remove the tank cap once its up to temp, around 95 degrees.
greenelephant

5th Apr 06 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whey-hey!! The cooling system on my corsa is kinda working. When I say that its not overheating anymore. but it isnt working properly though as I am still getting cold air been blown into my car from the heater, which isnt funny in the mornings when its still freezing cold!!! Is there any bleeding valves which need to be released to fix the heaters?
Jake

5th Apr 06 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So when the car is running up to temp in the morning you are still getting cold air blowing through the heaters?
greenelephant

5th Apr 06 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep!
greenelephant

5th Apr 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know what to do??
carnuts

5th Apr 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still sounds like you have got an air lock there somewhere either that or your heater matrix is blocked
greenelephant

5th Apr 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What also has come to me attention is that the corsa B manual states that the system isnt compatible with ethylene glycol antifreeze. I am suspecting that my antifreeze I used recently to top up my cooling system may contain it? Do u reckon this is Y my car is heating up and if so, my coling system needs to be drained rite?
carnuts

5th Apr 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh could do mate its worth a go i think do it all again and see what you get
greenelephant

7th Apr 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I've solved my cooling system problem. Was definately an airlock. Released the tank on cooling tank and havent had n e problems since. However now the flippin heaters r still blowing cold air even though the engine isnt overheating and when I feel all the hoses of the cooling system. There is no uneven temp distribution? . Do ya reckon it could b heater matrix. BTW could it be somethen 2 do with the fuses. The air con is blowing air onto windscreen and through heaters OK but air temp is stil the same even though u change the temp knob on dashboard.

N E 1 know what to do?
Jake

7th Apr 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look in the passenger footwell on the right hand side there is a hinge that moves when you flick it from hot to cold, make sure that is clipped in place. If you cant see the hinge, move the dial and you will.
greenelephant

7th Apr 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Buddy! Done the trick!!!

Was worried that my matrix faulty and would have 2 remove it. But the cable was to loose and wasnt pulling down the lever properly.

In a bit

New Poll