corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa overheating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa overheating
dunlop3551

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 07 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

I have a 1997 corsa 1.4

When i start it up on the drive the temp takes about 5 mins to start going up but after about 15 mins just running it goes upto around 100 on the temp gauge and then it gose over that then the fans kick in and then when the temp gose anywhere near the 100 it cools it down the about half again. im just checking is it really ment to overheat just sat there i know its not getting any air but isnt the engine cooling sytem / water meant to stop it going that high and overheating when stood still. at least the fans do there job i had to buy a new fan switch as the fans didnt kick in one day and it overheated badly but just checking with you pros

thanks guys

New Poll