corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2 questions!!!??!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2 questions!!!??!!
lil_miss

User status: Offline
19th May 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, 2 questions if anyone can help, just bought a broken wing mirror to use the glass out of it to put in mine, does anyone know how to get it out the original mirror without breakin it?? also my car (corsa 1.2 ls 1994) keeps overheating but when i took it into the grage they couldnt find anything wrong? anyone come across this before?

cheers
N90ATH

19th May 05 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the over heating is ur fan kicking in?
3CorsaMeal

19th May 05 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to remove glass, i use something like a bar of metal and slide that underneath glass and gently push it up till the ball joint bits pop out.

does your engine fan kick in? got enough coolant?
Rileysport

19th May 05 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lil_miss
hi all, 2 questions if anyone can help, just bought a broken wing mirror to use the glass out of it to put in mine, does anyone know how to get it out the original mirror without breakin it?? also my car (corsa 1.2 ls 1994) keeps overheating but when i took it into the grage they couldnt find anything wrong? anyone come across this before?

cheers

define overheating, does it boil water like a kettle and steam, or does the gauge seem to go up too far ?

Andy

[Edited on 19-05-2005 by SRi-Co]
lil_miss

19th May 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fan was not kicking in when it first did it but the garage said the fan is fine and they checked water and all the rest and took it out and it was fine, today (first day after getting it back) the temp gauge is showing it as hotter than normal but still only just around 90
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th May 05 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worry when it gets to 100+. 90-95 is normal operating temp
Rileysport

19th May 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just 90 is fine temp wise, fan kicks in just before 100 on the gauge
lil_miss

19th May 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the day i took it in the gauge was going up to 100 lol and it absolutly stunk but as i say today has been hotter than normal but not a problem i just dont get how if there was a problem it would just go away and im looking to sell it soon and i dont want to go selling someone a shitter lol
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th May 05 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

run the engine on fast idle (2000 rpm) untill the temp gague reads 98. if the fan cuts in, everything fine. if it goes over 100, the fan switch in the rad is probably knackered.

should only go up to 100 when car is not moving, i.e stuck in traffic. it should stay under 95 under normal driving.
lil_miss

19th May 05 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youd think the guys at the garage would have done all this lol ah well il just see how it goes over the next few weeks. cheers for the advice
Fad

19th May 05 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How quickly is it overheating? Could be the thermostat stuck shut

New Poll