corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Racing Blue Clio 182 - RACE CAR - Drama at Snetterton page 9

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Racing Blue Clio 182 - RACE CAR - Drama at Snetterton page 9
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Aug 15 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great. Nice pics

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
23rd Aug 15 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JC Weldfab currently have the car and have made me some awesome looking brake ducts, plus fixed the exhaust blow by adding a flexi to the manifold.
anthcorsa

23rd Aug 15 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really awesome pics man. Love this colour, what's the proper name of it?
anthcorsa

23rd Aug 15 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol ignore me, having a moment mate. Racing blue by any chance? Lol
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Aug 15 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham88

23rd Aug 15 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely bit of ducting
Simon_16v

24th Aug 15 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice!
Haimsey
Premium Member

24th Aug 15 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 15 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this happened....

[Edited on 04-12-2015 by Robin]
Simon_16v

4th Dec 15 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooo what are they off?
Robin
Premium Member

4th Dec 15 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig8
Premium Member

4th Dec 15 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking great. Really should get my finger out and get the Beemer sorted again.

E36 328
Kev_GSI

9th Dec 15 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit the bed that will stop. Are they not overkill?
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they look very nice, i like the grooves on the rotors.

2 things tho..

1. the cooling ducts end too far away from the disc, ideally you want them pointed directly into the centre of the disc so the air flows through the veins and out.

2. be aware of putting massive brakes on the front without taking into consideration the brake bias.. if you throw the bias too far forward you may end up with some interesting handing characteristics when braking into a corner.

[Edited on 09-12-2015 by chris_uk]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
they look very nice, i like the grooves on the rotors.

2 things tho..

1. the cooling ducts end too far away from the disc, ideally you want them pointed directly into the centre of the disc so the air flows through the veins and out.

2. be aware of putting massive brakes on the front without taking into consideration the brake bias.. if you throw the bias too far forward you may end up with some interesting handing characteristics when braking into a corner.

[Edited on 09-12-2015 by chris_uk]

Lots of clios run 4 pots + Larger discs up front with zero issues or bias valves.
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool thats ok then
Robin
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness, the ducts are better than no ducts, if they don't work, I'll play with them til they do. The whole thing is a bit of trial and error, worth a try for the money involved

The clip cup racers used a setup like this -

So mine are similar but enclosed so in theory (here's hoping) they'll be more efficient.

I think the brake bias will be ok too, I know a couple of people running these brakes, one on a clio 172, one on a corsa GSi, one on a fiesta st180, none seem to have issues.

The discs are the same diameter, obviously the calipers are a better design but I think the biggest difference will be the weight rather than the bite.

Again, for what they are, they're cheap so it's an experiment, I'll keep the other stuff just in case it ruins it

Robin
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry that sounded like I was being shitty, I wasn't, just saying that I'd thought it through lol
Simon_16v

10th Dec 15 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say cheap.....can you give me an idea of cost?
Kev_GSI

10th Dec 15 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where would one get a similar set up from if you can point me in the right direction and many mods to fit to a clio?
Robin
Premium Member

13th Dec 15 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll let you know how much when I've had all the machining and brackets made up.

It's not a direct fit, the bells need altering as the centre bore is too small and the holes aren't the right PCD, the brackets need making from scratch and then I need new braided hoses too as the fittings are all wrong.

On another note, I've finally got an indicator stalk from a Ph1 car which has a horn button so I can have a horn again.

I've also ordered a stud and nut conversion which will help with making sure the brakes are lined up properly, I remember from years ago with the V6 setup on my Corsa how much of a pain in the arse it was to rotate the disc every time to put the wheel back on!
birchieboy

15th Dec 15 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who made the ali brake ducts for you Robin?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Dec 15 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely a 225/197 brembo setup with be cheaper to make work?

JC Weld made the ducts iirc
Robin
Premium Member

15th Dec 15 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah JC Weldfab did the ducts for me with pretty much no info on what I wanted, not even a fag packet drawing!

197 brembos are pretty heavy, plus you have to run a 300mm disc with them, which adds more weight, then you have potential clearance issues with 15s.

These brakes will be much lighter and will cost me a fair amount less overall as the calipers don't need refurbing.

Also, I wouldn't have super awesome floating discs and #racecar calipers...
Robin
Premium Member

15th Dec 15 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a guy on Cliosport who reckons you can do the 197 brakes for £600 all in but that's with standard aftermarket discs and pads, new calipers and hoses... if you want better pads and decent discs it adds about £200 to the overall.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Racing Blue Clio 182 - RACE CAR - Drama at Snetterton page 9 24 database queries in 0.1987870 seconds