corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Racing Blue Clio 182 - RACE CAR - Drama at Snetterton page 9

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Racing Blue Clio 182 - RACE CAR - Drama at Snetterton page 9
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
25th Jan 15 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery mounted, ECU relocated, Ph1 airbox fitted, going to knock up some cold air feeds after Bedford next Friday, can't be bothered now, it's too late to organise some pipes.

You can also see the Magnecor leads in that picture.

Fitted a genuine Renault radio blank too but can't get the picture uploaded, removed the stereo control stalk and fitted a genuine blank to the column surround too, as well as removing the front door speakers.

I've also now got 2 narrow seats fitted after losing a bit of weight.

RS Tuner is coming on Monday, messed up a little and ordered one with the wrong map so I need to download the correct one before I plug it into the car.

and finally I've got 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3s coming for use with the black wheels, mainly for the road but also as emergency 'wet' alternatives to the Nankangs.
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
25th Jan 15 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have a part number for the control stalk blank? I've removed mine and had the hole there for months now

Let me know how the rstuner goes, I've been itching to get one for a while. Also how come you've removed your injector rail guard?
Robin
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not really required, doesn't do anything other than get in the way of checking the wiring if there's a misfire on a track day.

I'll dig out the part number tomorrow for you.
Robin
Premium Member

26th Jan 15 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8200 050 034
Simon_16v

26th Jan 15 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that Robin.

Let me know how the rstuner map goes though, I have heard it does make a bit of a difference on the drive-ability by moving the torque down the powerband slightly
Robin
Premium Member

26th Jan 15 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First impressions of RS Tuner... What a pain in the arse. Have to plug it in, read the ecu info, send a screenshot and the serial number from the RS tuner unit to fastchip and wait.

Will report back tomorrow if I get the map uploaded!
Robin
Premium Member

27th Jan 15 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7500rpm Rev limit with the new map, feels better low down too, definitely makes a difference.
Simon_16v

27th Jan 15 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time to buy one!
AlexW

27th Jan 15 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They aren't a bad map (the 98Ron map anyway), just a pain to deal with.

I like the idea of factory radio blanks too.
Robin
Premium Member

28th Jan 15 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness, they were decent for me.

I ordered the wrong thing, I clicked on the V6 unit when I bought it and Henk sorted me out with the correct map FOC after I paid the 29 Euros for the right one, he refunded me before I'd even got the confirmation email for the order!

The only issue is the delay between registering the unit and getting the unlock code because of the timezones.
Simon_16v

28th Jan 15 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you buy the unit new or 2nd hand?
Robin
Premium Member

28th Jan 15 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New, was thinking about second hand but it's £100 or so for a second hand unit plus the €99 unlock code, or €200 for a new one, delivered.
Robin
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drove to Bedford yesterday... Was cancelled.
Robin
Premium Member

25th Apr 15 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've finally driven the car on track!

Every other time it's been the wife but this time, me, Broster and his boss went to Bedford.

The car is awesome, I'm so happy with it, just need to learn to drive it properly now.

Few little things which need addressing, I had a power steering fluid eruption, so I need a cooler on that, the brakes overheat pretty quickly, think I'm going to knock up some ducting/deflectors to get some air to them.

Also, the front springs are too soft, when you turn in hard the front pitches down and skips across the road as it rides on the bumpstops.

So much fun though!
Sean

26th Apr 15 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you thought about doing the epas conversion? Juat bought all the bits to do mine.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Apr 15 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine had his PAS fluid leaking out of the filler cap at our last track day in his 182. Is this a common thing?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Sean

26th Apr 15 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hydraulic systems arent amazing on these. Main reason for me converting to epas is i have a noisy pump you can also adjust stiffness of steering with a dial.
Robin
Premium Member

26th Apr 15 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anything I'll convert to non pas.

There's a pressure relief hole on the cap so I guess it's common.
Robin
Premium Member

18th Jul 15 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin
Premium Member

18th Jul 15 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted the most expensive solution to removing the rear wiper I've ever bought. Saved about 1/2 a kilogram!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Jul 15 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^

Good thread! When is the next track day?

[Edited on 18-07-2015 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Robin
Premium Member

18th Jul 15 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno, trying to organise one at the moment. Really really want to do Oulton Park but nobody else can be bothered and I don't want to go alone.

Quite fancy a weekend at Anglesey too at some point soon but again that's a pain to organise with people.

I need more friends lol.
Robin
Premium Member

25th Jul 15 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I've got Bedford SEN booked for the 1st of August
Robin
Premium Member

10th Aug 15 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 10-08-2015 by Robin]
Dave_1987
Premium Member

10th Aug 15 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. You cant beat a good tripod picture.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Racing Blue Clio 182 - RACE CAR - Drama at Snetterton page 9 24 database queries in 0.1065969 seconds